Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ovais1470 has posted on his YouTube channel a video taking you through NBA 2K14's next-gen player creation. In the video you will see the available options, including an array of hairstyles that will be sure to leave you with an opinion.

Check out the video here!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Neoda2khead @ 11/14/13 06:20 PM
Chris Anderson that is !!!

# 22 A69Scorelord @ 11/14/13 06:31 PM
IS CAP IN THE GAME???? ..

# 23 eye guy @ 11/14/13 06:37 PM
Is Create-a-Player a full functioning mode this year?

Can we edit preset faces?

Will we be able to create our own Draft Classes?
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

This is important as i'm an Assoc/MyGM player... If there's a no to any of those three, I might not actually get 2K14.

# 24 Gosens6 @ 11/14/13 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
Is Create-a-Player a full functioning mode this year?

Can we edit preset faces?

Will we be able to create our own Draft Classes?
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

This is important as i'm an Assoc/MyGM player... If there's a no to any of those three, I might not actually get 2K14.
There is no CAP outside of my career and custom draft classes..

You might wanna pass on this year

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

# 25 Dre3000 @ 11/14/13 07:06 PM
he looks like he got a fade at supercuts

# 26 Jakeness23 @ 11/14/13 07:10 PM
I have to ask why some of those ridiculous mustaches were even included. Who chooses that weird, French looking thing? I mean, c'mon...

And I am getting sick of VC, it is the dumbest thing ever conceived by 2K...

# 27 Don Jon @ 11/14/13 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre3000
he looks like he got a fade at supercuts
It's a real shame that out of all of the haircuts, there's only a couple nice looking ones. Whover designed these must've always been made fun of at school. I really wonder why none of these haircuts are in the game.

# 28 Jakeness23 @ 11/14/13 07:20 PM
I was hoping we'd get a MUCH improved CAP in next-gen. This one is just kind of... meh.

# 29 LionsFanNJ @ 11/14/13 07:25 PM
LMAO @ the barber guide. EVERYONE who's ever been to a hood barbershop seen that. LMAO that takes me back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

# 30 Knux-Future @ 11/14/13 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
I was hoping we'd get a MUCH improved CAP in next-gen. This one is just kind of... meh.
We technically didn't even get one. I am surprised there isn't bigger uproar over this honestly. They took out a feature that has been standard for year adn why? Because of a fluff extra mode This would be like taking out Association mode because of the path to greatness mode in CG. Not as bad but seriously, if MyPlayer is the reason for this bull**** then I am seriously pissed. Garbage *** mode ruining the franchise

# 31 MarvinOida @ 11/14/13 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
I still think it's an improvement. My main concern was that players would look different and stick out like on CG.

I am disappointed with the hairstyles, but my biggest worries have been relieved.
No one is gonna deny that they look good, just the lack of face editing like the eyes and nose kinda sucks, also the fact we can't change skin color. The closest face for me is Mike Wang, but my eyes and mouth are a lot bigger, and I would've loved to edit that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 32 Dre3000 @ 11/14/13 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
It's a real shame that out of all of the haircuts, there's only a couple nice looking ones. Whover designed these must've always been made fun of at school. I really wonder why none of these haircuts are in the game.
I don't know whats so hard about using the real NBA players haircuts in the game. They act like its copyright or something.

# 33 seanbarkley @ 11/14/13 07:44 PM
Quote:
I still think it's an improvement. My main concern was that players would look different and stick out like on CG.

I am disappointed with the hairstyles, but my biggest worries have been relieved.
The fact that you can't add missing players to the rosters is an improvement?
That you can't replace generic players from classic teams is an improvement?
The fact that half of the preset heads available are VC/2K dudes is an improvement?
Having just one freaking 2K tattoo and if u want more you have to pay VC is an improvement?
That most of the haircuts are weird and don't even have a dozen of realistic ones is an improvement too?

English is not my native language so maybe I'm misunderstanding of that word...

# 34 MarvinOida @ 11/14/13 07:59 PM
Quote:
I think the CAP is an improvement. Not an improvement to overall options for customization. Obviously. Dick.

The haircuts are an improvement over current gen. They are still bad.
The key word instead of CAP is face.

Cause there is no CAP, just mix and match.

And don't call no man on a message board what you said.

# 35 seanbarkley @ 11/14/13 07:59 PM
Quote:
I think the CAP is an improvement. Not an improvement to overall options for customization. Obviously. Dick.

The haircuts are an improvement over current gen. They are still bad.
There's no even CAP "per se" any more, all you can do is create your player, period.

Basically they took everything away just to have realistic VC/2K faces for my player.

I almost forget it, we can't add headbands any more either. All improvements.

# 36 Neoda2khead @ 11/14/13 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
There is no CAP outside of my career and custom draft classes..

You might wanna pass on this year

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
And U know this for sure how ?

# 37 MarvinOida @ 11/14/13 08:13 PM
Quote:
Not everything within player creation is an improvement, ie. no headbands. I thought the biggest problem with cap last year was that players looked too different no matter how accurate they were.

Which is why so many used hex edit cyber faces. Even though they were wrong, they at least looked like real people.

Overall 2k CAP has been crap. And it's dumb that it's gone. Overall customization is worse. But I think my custom draft class will look better than it could in CG.
I wouldn't really agree with you, I've been creating faces with the system since 2K12, and I can tell you, especially if you're a good CAP creator you can actually create a different face that can work well representing who you're making.

I've been working on Legends, Celebs, etc. A VERY good example of this is creating Spike Lee, you can easily recreate him in CG instead of NG, the faces may be different, but for what you got and what we could do, it worked really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoda2khead
And U know this for sure how ?
We watched a Livestream and the dude couldn't find it anywhere.

# 38 Artur @ 11/14/13 08:30 PM
What about capturing my own face?

# 39 raybone83 @ 11/14/13 08:38 PM
So what's the difference between my player and my career?

# 40 MarvinOida @ 11/14/13 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybone83
So what's the difference between my player and my career?
MyPlayer - The face you use for every mode, myCareer , myTeam, your 2K avatar

MyCareer - NBA career as a player

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.