Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released their NBA Live 14 video featuring ESPN presentation.

Basketball broadcasts feel like special events when you watch them on TV. In order to immerse fans with true-to-life NBA presentation, NBA LIVE 14 has formed an exclusive partnership with ESPN and will feature the network’s broadcast talent and authentic graphics packages. With all the broadcast wipes and graphics of a real ESPN broadcast, as well as authentic arena camera locations for each NBA arena, fans will be able to experience NBA basketball in a video game with more authenticity than ever before..

ESPN talent Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, and Jalen Rose bring their talents to the NBA LIVE 14 airwaves and will make it feel as if you’re watching an actual ESPN broadcast. Breen and Van Gundy will handle broadcasting duties, while Rose will host pregame, halftime, and provide postgame wrap-ups.

In its commitment to being the most up-to-date NBA game ever, Rose will also provide dynamic weekly updates, calling out league news and top in-game performances. Just like the NBA LIVE 14 soundtrack, Rose’s updates will continue throughout the season. Play well enough and you could get your very own shoutout from Jalen himself.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 IrOnKoBe @ 11/14/13 10:55 PM
only thing ea got over 2k

# 42 scottyp180 @ 11/14/13 10:58 PM
Presentation looks great. Love the espn overlays and sportcenter look. Reminds me of nfl 2k5 presentation. I don't understand why it took ea so long to finally utilize the espn license like this (ncaa does a good job to be fair).

On a side note the graphics did not look too appealing and didnt look any better than 2k cg, although I attribute some of it to video quality. Also I don't understand why the net physics are still so bad! On roses layup during warmupwarmupa you would have thought he shot a rainbow the way the net reacted. Its not a game breaking issue but this has been a fault since lives existence.

# 43 Eddie1967 @ 11/14/13 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
15 year deal. ea isn't giving itup, try again
Try again? He was just asking a question

# 44 Guapo516 @ 11/14/13 11:29 PM
This should have been released months ago

# 45 A69Scorelord @ 11/14/13 11:40 PM
Only thing I didn't like is that the graphics still look Live 10ish..

Presentation is on point tho, I remember NCAA 10 had a ESPN and CBS presentation.. The atmosphere in that game was amazing..

# 46 Lawless66007 @ 11/14/13 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
Call me a nitpicker, but...

"This has been a presentation of ESPN on EA Sports"!

Why do they HAVE to put the "on EA Sports" in there? What is wrong with ESPNs actual, real life presentation package?!? That incredibly small detail will bug me to no end.

An actual question for those who remember: When 2k had the ESPN license, they never tried to combine both ESPN and 2k presentation packages, did they? I don't seem to remember NFL or NBA 2k5 saying "...brought to you by 2k Sports!". Of course, I definitely could be wrong as it's been a while since those days.
Because they are doing it like a television broadcast. The broadcast is usually on ABC but because EA doesn't have ABC licencing they can't use it. They are using EA Sports like its a television channel. So therefor it's ESPN on EA Sports rather than ESPN on ABC. So they don't get sued by ABC.

# 47 capn_razzamataz @ 11/15/13 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless66007
Because they are doing it like a television broadcast. The broadcast is usually on ABC but because EA doesn't have ABC licencing they can't use it. They are using EA Sports like its a television channel. So therefor it's ESPN on EA Sports rather than ESPN on ABC. So they don't get sued by ABC.
...or they could just say "NBA on ESPN" because, you know, ESPN broadcasts NBA games on its own network, too. In my opinion, the "ESPN on EA Sports" takes away the real life/TV feel and says, "LOL YOU'RE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME!"

Either way, not the end of the world; it just annoys me.

# 48 FER-STR @ 11/15/13 01:57 AM
This is going to be Madden 25-ish. I just feel it. Mark my words . Too bad, would liked for NBA Live to actually be of any competitive factor. Well, I guess presentation & roster wise it would kinda blow out 2k14. But I am truly starting to believe that that is IT! -_-

smh...

# 49 Gramps91 @ 11/15/13 07:05 AM
I love the ESPN presentation. I love 2k but this is one thing EA has going to for it.

# 50 Pared @ 11/15/13 07:37 AM
You could call this game NBA Live '11, '12, '13... still the same strengths and weaknesses all over.

Makes you wonder why they took a few years off for this.

# 51 JBulls @ 11/15/13 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Do you mean:
A) one entirely long gameplay animation that's executable in game?
B) one entirely long cut scene animation?

I'm saying it's entirely a cut scene because that type of smoothness has never been seen in Live gameplay. Also take notice of the other players in the background. The smoothness is usually only apparent during EA cut scenes. Even with what little Live14 gameplay footage we've seen, Live14 seemingly will have the same classic EA robotic animation.

I went back to youtube and took a look at all prior Live releases. There's a quality to Live's animation that's a trademark to both LIVE and MADDEN's franchises ever since the PS3/XBOX360 era hit.
Yeah I meant one entirely long cut scene animation, that's why it looks smooth because there is no animation transition.

# 52 coolcras7 @ 11/15/13 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I love the ESPN presentation. I love 2k but this is one thing EA has going to for it.
Not sure about that, yes they have the ESPN format but its just short bullet points that go on way too long and I expect it will be extremely repetitive and skipped over.

# 53 Boilerbuzz @ 11/15/13 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Not sure about that, yes they have the ESPN format but its just short bullet points that go on way too long and I expect it will be extremely repetitive and skipped over.
This. The other thing is what if you're not a huge fan of ESPNs look? Also, how about some creativity? Doing something new instead of leaning on ESPN. Just asking. I do like it. So let's get that straight. But the use of the ESPN presentation package should be a given considering the boatload of money they are paying. And throwing the "by EA Sports" into it just breaks the illusion for me. Someone asked earlier of VC did that and I don't think they did.

# 54 swiftychampleone @ 11/15/13 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkaz79

Live 14.... 5 on 5 highlight
Hmmm...not too sure who that "dude in yellow" is, but he KILT them boys on that move! LOL!

# 55 swiftychampleone @ 11/15/13 09:32 AM
The presentation is great in this game. No question and it's one area that 2K could use a shot in the arm in. My questions is: "Wen will either game decide to do the starting lineup introductions?" That needs to come into play.

# 56 tmac747 @ 11/15/13 10:12 AM
Actually, the presentation part looks good(take notes Madden)..I like JR with his knowledge and intellect of basketball, but his voice just does not work for me on the intro part.Note: spoiled by Damien Bruce of 2k..lol

# 57 Optik @ 11/15/13 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Hmmm...not too sure who that "dude in yellow" is, but he KILT them boys on that move! LOL!
Yeah, Kobe's instantly recognisable. I love those gifs!

# 58 Boilerbuzz @ 11/15/13 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Yeah, Kobe's instantly recognisable. I love those gifs!
Looked more like Dr J to me...

# 59 FLY_NERD360 @ 11/16/13 11:00 AM
yeah it does look great

# 60 Tha_Kid @ 11/16/13 08:04 PM
You choose what to watch during the halftime show.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.