Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

PlayStation 4 owners have exclusive access to NBA 2K14 for a week or so, and if you own the game be sure to post your impressions below!

Our full review of NBA 2K14 is coming next week!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 561 smuhead @ 11/28/13 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
The AI on current gen are void of any intelligence at all. Play zero perimeter D, leaving their man wide open constantly, loose balls and possessions frequently being called the wrong way. Its a glitchfest. No thanks. Next gen for me.
Where where where where where is this at man?! I'm so tired of hearing this complaint! This NEVER happens to me, on this gen, current gen or any future gens. I would LOVE to see you and every other smuck who complains about this so much play a game. And I bet over 97% of you stink, don't play on ball defense and totally have no clue to what playing a NBA game is all about.

# 562 woody2goody @ 11/29/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk2379
Yes because its the next gen game it should be almost perfect in all aspects...
The menu, rosters, and other just terrible!
Never expect a launch title to be perfect because the chances of that happening are slim to none.

I'm really tempted to buy the game after reading this thread. On a semi-related note, this has me very excited to see what 2k can do with WWE 2k15...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 563 Csquared @ 11/30/13 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Never expect a launch title to be perfect because the chances of that happening are slim to none.

I'm really tempted to buy the game after reading this thread. On a semi-related note, this has me very excited to see what 2k can do with WWE 2k15...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Was thinking the same thing. Can't wait to see the graphics!!!!

# 564 chinkiwinki @ 12/01/13 06:05 AM
The core foundations and gameplay are outstanding. Excellent rebuild and takes the game to whole new level.

The feature set and polish around the core rebuild however is rough around the edges and I would say incomplete. But thats OK, this will be improved in the coming years.

With regards to myGM and myPlayer specifically, I feel the new interface around the modes was a good idea in theory but terrible in practice. At the end of the day, we want it feature rich, functional, tactical game rather then something interactive and majorly dressed up visually. I want something more akin to Football Manager than a one dimensional cutscene fest.

Overall experience is very good but not excellent. But with limited time and resources, they got the core game right which gives them an excellent foundation for the following years.

# 565 GisherJohn24 @ 12/01/13 07:57 AM
Good stuff

# 566 MrStriker815 @ 12/01/13 11:38 AM
I can never play a game! It stays on the loading screen after picking my team to play with. Is this happening to other people as well?? I dont know what to do. Spent 65 bucks on this game and haven't been able to jump into a game. It's Digital btw.

# 567 LiquidGotti @ 12/01/13 02:05 PM
IS THERE ANY WAY TO EDIT SHOES FOR NBA PLAYERS, SO THAT YOU CAN PLAY WITH THEM AND SEE THE SHOES IN A QUICK GAME?

# 568 money sota @ 12/01/13 07:50 PM
Is there a spectator mode on next gen? like being able to watch friends play.

# 569 Thatdude23 @ 12/01/13 08:11 PM
How is the grachics and gameplay on xbox one?

# 570 tony01313 @ 12/01/13 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatdude23
How is the grachics and gameplay on xbox one?
Stunning, amazing one of the best looking next gen titles graphically other than RYSE and Killzone.

Gameplay is solid is hell, it has that new feel as well as the rock solid gameplay nba2k is known for.

# 571 The Timber Wolf @ 12/02/13 01:14 AM
Easily the best on court basketball game ever. Weight, position, physics all finally are factors. The game feels 'alive' like no other sports game I have ever played.

Unfortunately, the game has MASSIVE bugs all through it. Rosters that don't load, settings messed up, play books defaulting to the wrong team. Everything now depends on how it is patched. It could go down as a great game OR it may well go down as a disgraceful mess. 2K needs to respond.

# 572 Dolphins88 @ 12/02/13 12:23 PM
Easily the most "alive" and best looking sports game I've ever played. If we get patches , season mode, 30 team user control easily the best sports game. The show should be good too on ps4. If we could only get same love for football and hockey.

# 573 D4mnNi1ce @ 12/02/13 05:42 PM
Hey,
does anybody know how to delete custom made shoes? I just can't find that option.
And another question: Is it possible to change the way to defend a player, like defend him loose or tight? Did they leave it out this year?

Thanks in advance.

# 574 smuhead @ 12/03/13 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
How many nba games have u played Mr?
What does that have to do with anything he's complaining about Captain Save A Ho?

# 575 GisherJohn24 @ 12/03/13 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timber Wolf
Easily the best on court basketball game ever. Weight, position, physics all finally are factors. The game feels 'alive' like no other sports game I have ever played.

Unfortunately, the game has MASSIVE bugs all through it. Rosters that don't load, settings messed up, play books defaulting to the wrong team. Everything now depends on how it is patched. It could go down as a great game OR it may well go down as a disgraceful mess. 2K needs to respond.
I can forgive its shortcomings as the game looks and plays as good as those trailers promised. For me, its def a true next gen experience

# 576 swiftychampleone @ 12/03/13 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Im.not sure I should get this game now. Ill wait till the end of the year ...spring summer and gdt it cheap. Im officially waiting 2k15 and Madden 15 next gen. Its probably better to wait it out a year anyway. You guys were the guinea pigs for all of us. The information you have all gathered is telling me to avoid this game completely. Which is hard to do. Its like avoiding Kate Upton naked on your bed because you see shes drooling and farting..but shes still Kate Upton

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Agreed on your assessment of waiting on 2K15 and Madden 15. Drooling is one thing (yuck), but farting? Please. Kate gets it. Trust me, my GF farts all the time around. Means nothing to me. I laugh with her and I'm still loving her.

Sad to say it, but the first year of sports games are a beta test. It was all about graphics, not modes. I'll give kudos on gameplay. It's good. I see no reason for me to rush and get a PS4...

# 577 killakobe81 @ 12/03/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
Easily the most "alive" and best looking sports game I've ever played. If we get patches , season mode, 30 team user control easily the best sports game. The show should be good too on ps4. If we could only get same love for football and hockey.
I played it for the 1st time for 2 hours last night. Scoring feels great. The players move, and the animations are very responsive. I did not play 2k14 on CG just so I could enjoy NG THAT much more. I hate the menus. And defense is a challenge and also a chore. i love the fact this game punishes you for spamming the steal button with fouls or blowing right by you ...that is what a good game SHOULD do. But I hate the close outs by the defense on perimeter shooters. No way should anyone leave Ray Allen, Wade, pierce, Terry etc. As much space as the CPU defenders allow. So not only do I have to play excellent defense at the point of Attack to limit penetration, I have to help rebound (way too many offensive boards) and close out on shooters. A great TEAM does need to do ALL of that to be successful but not even MJ could do THAT much on his own.

All that being said. Great game. I have a Samsung high end plasma and cant express how good this game looks and "feels". Blocks are a bit overpowered ...but I enjoy a good swat as much as a monster dunk. in my first few games I have executed a perfect Kobe fall away and a Melo reverse pivot spin with a kiss off the glass.

I just hope they can patch some more user control in this bad boy ...

# 578 FedExPope @ 12/03/13 07:09 PM
Very unhappy with how AI players play off the ball. They go inside when they're good shooters when I pass them the ball and vice versa. Sometimes they crowd the paint when I'm posted up. If a play is supposed to be run but I'm tired of running it for the 30th time that game, they'll stand around if the person who's supposed to have the ball doesn't, which can lead to bad spacing and players in the wrong spots on the floor. But maybe the most annoying thing is, NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO GET THEIR FEET BEHIND THE ARC! This is especially true in the corners. These good 3 point shooters will camp in the corner, and when I get them the ball their foot is on the line and the shot ends up being a 2. In prev gen when this would happen it would seem the computer would auto correct for you as you went to shoot - gamey perhaps, but Kyle Korver isn't going to accidentally have his foot on the line when he has a wide open corner 3, so it made up for the AI's dumb behavior.

# 579 Battman @ 12/04/13 02:04 AM
Can't you adjust the duration of cpu games in MYCareer anymore? I always play 6 min. quarters with sll the other games going the full distance. Hence, the stats of all players of my team are miserable. That sucks.
On the "Pro" difficulty level the shooting percentages in general and especially the 3pt. Percentage are too high. I could not find any sliders to adjust that?

# 580 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/09/13 04:57 PM
This animation has been hurting 2K for years IMO.

It occurs when a guy with the ball runs in to a defender and is bumped back 2 steps. Whatever move he was in or direction he was heading is killed (Im choosing to ognore the fact its a foul every time) I was running down on fastbreak full speed with Westbrook and he got sucked into this animation from Collison. No way this would actually happen.

Players absorb contact. Watch Reggie Jackson navigate a pick and roll. He takes contact but it never shunts him backwards 2 steps. The 'hit zone' for this animation is very large so it activates even when the ball handler is not going directly at the defenders chest.

It shouldnt be necessary to cross guys over to get by them. Watch how often guys do it by simply speed bursting and getting their front shoulder by.

A solution? Dont make the defender's entire body and the area around them as the 'hitzone' that activates the animation. If the defender is highly rated and keeping up increase their chances of not letting them by, rather than pushing them back.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.