Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out some of the latest NBA Live 14 gameplay footage from Sports Gaming Universe.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 King_B_Mack @ 11/17/13 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I'll let you figure put if I'm being sarcastic. Is not an engine a collection of systems and technology? Has EA not been marketed it as a new shared foundation for which they are building their next gen sports games on? If this isn't an engine, then what is? How do you know when it's been redone? And don't say, "you'll just know". How do you even know if a "new engine" would address the issues people have? How do you know that this isn't already using a new engine?

Engine, engine. That word needs to die.
Nah, people need to learn what an engine actually is or just not even try to talk about it.

Also, I'd be interested to hear people's definition of spacing. Cause some of these comments about "great spacing" and the spacing being a positive for the game raises an eyebrow for me.

# 82 Boilerbuzz @ 11/17/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Nah, people need to learn what an engine actually is or just not even try to talk about it.

Also, I'd be interested to hear people's definition of spacing. Cause some of these comments about "great spacing" and the spacing being a positive for the game raises an eyebrow for me.
I think most of those comments are just parroting dudes that see a wide open lane and think that's good spacing.

# 83 fluent2332 @ 11/17/13 11:39 AM
The spacing is good. Players go to the right spots on the floor and don't crowd each other.

I only bring up 2K in this regard as a comparison. If you watch the 2K CPU vs. CPU videos that Sports Gaming Universe posted, you will see many possessions where the spacing is not so good. Players crowd each other, they run to inappropriate spots on the floor, they get in each other's way, they move without purpose, etc. Whereas in Live, they stay out of each other's way and generally fill out the floor properly.

Right now it's a bit bare-bones but I expect to see more motion once DNA is implemented, for off-ball tendencies such as "Cut To Basket" and so on. But as of right now Live 14 clearly has the more fundamentally sound spacing.

# 84 Feevision @ 11/17/13 11:47 AM
This. Game sucks bad this cant be next gen ... The graphics would even not be great on ps3 how can a billion dollar company not get some good art designers at the least? But ea is smart business man thats why they bought the nfl license because they knew they wasnt going to be able to compete with 2k in the future... 2k rules live and thats a fact not a opinion!! Nba live had to cancel they game for 2 years and thats just the truth ... I played live up to 09 and i was in denial i wanted live to be better then 2k but it wasnt .. I bought 2k10 and never looked back...

# 85 Feevision @ 11/17/13 11:50 AM
By the way anybody see kyrie irving on 2k14 next gen ? He looks amazing !! He makes the live irving looks bad

# 86 Feevision @ 11/17/13 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufer2
So, I went through and watched all four videos and was EXTREMELY disappointed. Poor graphics. Crowds are awful. And the commentary? Short choppy, mostly generic. Hey EA, pick up The Show or 2K and listen to how it actually CAN be done.
Then I start reading some comments and some people say this game looks good?!
So I went back and re-watched them. All. Thinking maybe I had missed something.
And guess what? I didn't.
I honestly think this is very early PS3-quality stuff.
25-year sports gamer here and always was a big Live fan through the years, but this is an embarrassing effort. I truly can't believe EA spent all this time and this is the result. It's time for EA to cut their basketball losses and bow out.
Know everything u said is the truth!! Anbody that think this game looks good must been playing dreamcast for the last 7 years....

# 87 Moose Factory @ 11/17/13 12:13 PM
Wow. They should have just released this current gen and waited a few months or next year to refine it more for next gen. There is no way I'm buying this for xbox one but I maybe would have for xbox 360. More empty promises from EA... "Living worlds", "Ignite engine", blah blah blah catch phrases.

# 88 dunner2130 @ 11/17/13 12:29 PM
Is this ps2 or ps4? Trash

# 89 dunner2130 @ 11/17/13 12:31 PM
2k is light years ahead of them and it's not close

# 90 willh313 @ 11/17/13 12:52 PM
Look if you dont like NBA 2k thats fine...it's not for everyone no game is....NBA 2K 's guys do have spacing problems IF... you don't adjust your settings once you do it's a none issue unless YOU break the play or run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. The presentation on 2K is actually better DESPITE the fact that they have no network backing on 2K and the commentary interviews ect trumps this game period. I would rather KONAMI bring back In The Zone or Tecmo remake the Basketball game or hell even Nintendo get Retro to make a sim again than support this. You can't let EA get away with this kind of crap, the fact that they charge $60 for this is an insult. Again if you don't like 2K I understand but by all means buy a used Live 10 before copping this. We can't keep bailing EA out when they pull this...Honestly 2K is MUCH smaller and they make a SOLID current gen AND next gen game in one year...these cats have had 4 years and EA shuffles them around so much that this is the best they can come up with?!?!!?? How is your cover athelete looking better in the competitions game than he does in yours. C'mon son , get the F*** out here with that Bull$h!&+!!!!

# 91 Nathan_OS @ 11/17/13 12:52 PM
Just don't understand the fact that NBA Live 10 looks 100x better than this.

Mind boggling.

Sent from The Chicago Bulls Organization

# 92 willh313 @ 11/17/13 01:06 PM
EA is getting lazy, this is what I mean. The "Legacy" editions of FIFA on handhelds that are literrally the same game with new rosters....2K baseball pulled that crap too and got stomped by The Show......as it should, no excuse but the idea there probably was they had no intention on making another game and put that out because people wanted something to play on XBOX and PC. (Still no excuse) But EA does this blatantly...hell even then 2K sold the game at a reduced(albeit still too high) price. If you want them to do right by you as a customer you must hit them were it hurts, their wallets. Don't give them $60 for THIS..hell start a petition to have the price lowered THEN maybe buy it if you just can't stand 2K....but don't let them do this to you!!

# 93 KyotoCarl @ 11/17/13 01:12 PM
Quote:
I'll let you figure out if I'm being sarcastic. Is not an engine a collection of systems and technology? Has EA not been marketed it as a new shared foundation for which they are building their next gen sports games on? If this isn't an engine, then what is? How do you know when it's been redone? And don't say, "you'll just know". How do you even know if a "new engine" would address the issues people have? How do you know that this isn't already using a new engine?

Engine, engine. That word needs to die.
So true. Most people have no clue what and engine is, how it works or what it's good for. It just became a buzzword that people are throwing just to defend/complain about things without knowing what they're talking about.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 94 Philstat @ 11/17/13 01:26 PM
My primary issue is more so the lies and deceit that EA sowed - like showing the pre-rendered scenes the entire time during promos and not given a glimpse of actual non-modified game play. I wanted another basketball option for the next gen of consoles and was planning to buy Live this year, more so for a change of pace than anything else, though this game looks like it was made by a group of people who lack passion and dedication to their trade craft. It's hard to believe how long this game has been in development and that it was completely focused on next-gen yet looks and moves the way it does. Where is your commitment to excellence EA? Really, where is your passion to be the best? I would be absolutely livid if this was the best my team could muster given the vast resources and time they had if I'm an EA Executive. Heads need to roll at EA Sports, they need to rebuild their development team from the ground up.

I liked the arenas, courts, some of the sound effects, especially the net swoosh, the half time show - though after that it's mostly downhill.

# 95 Fist Of Kings @ 11/17/13 01:58 PM
Yeah, the clip we got of Kyrie Irving dribbling and shooting over Deandre Jordan isn't close to what the game ended up being.

# 96 shutdown10 @ 11/17/13 02:01 PM
Quote:
HHG is a nut job. Nothing he says should be heard. He's supposed to be a professional. Seems to me he is more of a forum troll that got a job to do it on the web. Sorry. Back on topic. Outside of the couple of "live looks good because I hate 2k" or "fire everybody" posts, this thread is the best thread of constructive criticisms I've seen for the Live franchise in a long while.
HHG is a wacko and a stan most of the time, but he is one of the journalist out there that have early access on what next gen games are coming out. He pretty much saw what these other games were doing to bring their games to the next level on the next generation. When he saw Live's true game and not the E3 demo, then he could not support them anymore because there not bringing their best effort.

# 97 A69Scorelord @ 11/17/13 02:01 PM
3 words: THIS GAME SUCKS!

# 98 barimanlhs @ 11/17/13 02:38 PM
Like others have said, the spacing looks very good, although I feel as though the players may be small OR the court seems huge in comparison. Either way I think it helps with the visual spacing of the game (correct scales or not).

It looks like it has a solid foundation to build from but EA NEEDS to have a clear gameplan going forward. They need to add thousands of additional animations and a lot more commentary. It really comes down to the resources the devs are given. It looks like a game with a putrid budget or a budget that all went to the dribbling animations and not a lot else.

All in all, it doesnt look any better than I had expected, but it resembles basketball which is a start

# 99 scottyp180 @ 11/17/13 02:50 PM
This game doesn't look as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. It clearly doesn't have the overall quality of 2k but those would be unrealistic expectations to have. This game isn't going to stun people with its graphics or gameplay but at the least it should offer a different and playable experience to 2k. I just hope this game does well enough financially to warrant future releases. I can see this game being a real contender in a year or two.

# 100 cusefan74 @ 11/17/13 03:13 PM
That doesn't impress me at all. They look like PS3/360 graphics. If they are that good. EA has a long way to go on this game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.