Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has shipped NBA Live 14 today. Please play a few games and post your impressions here. As always, we'd like to see how the community feels about the game.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 bran9413 @ 11/27/13 01:39 AM
Man I really like this game and yes I know it has some of its flaws but I'm still having fun with. I've been playing dynasty mode with Knicks for the past few days and have been enjoying it.

# 122 Earl1963 @ 11/28/13 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Yikes. Graphically, NBA 2k9 looks better than this.
No, 2k9 is much uglier.

# 123 GisherJohn24 @ 11/28/13 07:12 PM
NBA live 06 looks better . No really. Just Google NBA live 06 360

# 124 rudyjuly2 @ 11/28/13 07:52 PM
I'd love to hear some comparisons to NBA Live 10 on the PS3/360. It sounds like Live 14 has taken many steps backwards from that game.

# 125 style24 @ 11/28/13 09:12 PM
play with action camera on, and shooting with player ratings for best results. well....the best you can get

# 126 Tomba @ 11/29/13 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'd love to hear some comparisons to NBA Live 10 on the PS3/360. It sounds like Live 14 has taken many steps backwards from that game.
Actually NOT a step back OR a step forward but a very plausible "the same"

meaning IN EASports Camera mode you can have pretty much "the same" experince MINUS sliders MINUS commentary.

There IS a silver lining and i'm working on trying to get something to you guys SOON about the coaching options that of which CAN be edited and CAN act as sliders to SOME degree BUT its hardly the BEST fix it becomes "plausible"/"playable"

Personally i am SICK of the NBA 2k12 next gen server and saving issues...

This game doesnt have that.

the game scored 3.5 the game scored 4.8 the game averages about a 48% on Metacritic BUT given somethought into the coaching options and some other settings and its LIKE a HD version of NBA Live 10

I like that i dont love that but i like it ENOUGH.

3 things though

Game SHOULD have sliders
Game SHOULD allow you to edit player attributes EVEN if it would turn OFF synergy
Game SHOULD have a custom camera OR just make the Nets barclay Center ESPN camera its default all the time(its AWESOME) makes animation look even better)
and lastly...

Create a player THAT CAN BE added to reg rosters you've then created

# 127 The 24th Letter @ 11/29/13 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The biggest difference is defense in this game is pretty bad ...given, a lot of Live 10's defense was the result of suction and two man animations at the rim...it worked for what it was. In this game the animations rarely interact like they should....when I say that on the hardest level you can turbo to the lane and score constantly, I am not exaggerating. Sundown's post a little ways up described it perfectly...you can tell they are trying to get away from two mans but there simply aren't enough animations implemented to counteract what the offense does...

# 128 The 24th Letter @ 11/29/13 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak50
Ignore the two posts above me comparing this to Live 10. It's maybe 15% of Live 10, no more..
You should probably read posts before advising people to disregard them...

# 129 GisherJohn24 @ 11/29/13 06:52 PM
Yup. Live 10 is far superior, sadly

# 130 fiedler2k3 @ 11/29/13 07:09 PM
Well, I don’t know, I may not be playing the same game as everybody else, but I actually loving this game, maybe is the fact that I get bored of the same gameplay all over again of the other game after been the same for so many years, but I think that this game is not half bad as reviewers and people around here are saying it is.
- Commentary is really good and exited, also is ESPN 1st team
- Presentation is the BEST in any sports game period and full ESPN!
- Sound overall is really great, the sound of the net is spot on, also, the ball sound, crowd is really excited and very smart in blow out games you can’t hear anything!
- Graphics are also really nice, could be better but c’mon! NBA live 10 or 2K whatever doesn’t looks better than this game, the floor and the reflections of the light are the best on any basketball game (including the other game)
- Gameplay is good, kind of realistic if you ask me, no more 3 after 3, or dunk after dunk, you really need to work to score, and most important this game is really fun!
If you are in the fence, give this game a chance, do not listen to all the bad reviews, maybe 2K is behind that, remember is all about the money, NBA Live 14 is not that bad.

# 131 Tomba @ 11/29/13 07:18 PM
Quote:
Ignore the two posts above me comparing this to Live 10. It's maybe 15% of Live 10, no more.

- The animations in Live 10 were much better
- The controls were MUCH more responsive
- You could play decent D in Live 10
- Live 14 has almost no collision detection once a canned animation has started on a drive or dunk
- The commentary is 14 is disgraceful
- The jumpshot animations in Live 10 were better and had way more varied, signature one's
- The AI was 10 times better in Live 10
- The menus in Live 14 are sluggish

I could go on. But this is not Live 10. It is Elite and Live 13. I still have the Elite demo on my PS3 and there are extensive gameplay clips of the Live 13 beta on Youtube.
I wouldnt go that far and im not going to start arguing over varied opinion which yours is is one of completely sterness(David Sterness to be more exact)

But to piggy back on your toughts i have to quote you directly

Now im NOT giving NBA Live 14 a pass hardly from that but from playing and EDITING NBA Live 10 and being one of the ones who worked on from a feedback standpoint position i have to say this abut NBA Live 14 after your assessment.

Quote:
Ignore the two posts above me comparing this to Live 10. It's maybe 15% of Live 10, no more.

- Live 14 has almost no collision detection once a canned animation has started on a drive or dunk
- The jumpshot animations in Live 10 were better and had way more varied, signature one's

I could go on. But this is not Live 10. It is Elite and Live 13. I still have the Elite demo on my PS3 and there are extensive gameplay clips of the Live 13 beta on Youtube.
I wouldnt go that far and im not going to start arguing over varied opinion which yours is is one of completely sterness(David Sterness to be more exact)

Now im NOT giving NBA Live 14 a pass hardly from that but from playing and EDITING NBA Live 10 and being one of the ones who worked on from a feedback standpoint position i have to say this abut NBA Live 14 after your assesment.

Quote:

Now im NOT giving NBA Live 14 a pass hardly from that but from playing and EDITING NBA Live 10 and being one of the ones who worked on from a feedback standpoint position i have to say this abut NBA Live 14 after your assesment

Quote:

Now im NOT giving NBA Live 14 a pass hardly from that but from playing and EDITING NBA Live 10 and being one of the ones who worked on from a feedback standpoint position i have to say this abut NBA Live 14 after your assesment.

The animations are ON PAR with NBA Live 14 IF you play in EASPORTS CAM
The Controls are plentiful and you have to be patient and learn them the way you have to NBA 2K14 at first
You CAN play "decent" Defense in this game. basically the animations that are there for running back for defense are very varied the defender will actually run backward while LOOKING at the offensive player he HAS TO defend etc. Holding DOWN on he left bumper L2 locks you against the ball handler pretty well. Ontop of that though inside defense IS not that good NEITHER was it in NBA Live 10.
TRUE NBA Live has "almost no" collision detection but it IS there though it feels like maybe 10 animation play out on the outside and inside...
The commentary IS NOT disgraceful its just not next gen. feel alot like madden you can fault for that LOL EA is bad with commentary unless its Fifa
As far as jumpshots and sigs? Live 10 and NBA Live are a match i just feel some jumpshots have realistic timing and others arcadey and that holds true for dunking layups etc. About 50% of any shot animation are arcadey
the ai isnt bad its NBA Jam good though
havent had an issue wih nba live 14 menus in fact EVERYTHINGSAVES JUST FINE

# 132 Tomba @ 11/29/13 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
Well, I don’t know, I may not be playing the same game as everybody else, but I actually loving this game, maybe is the fact that I get bored of the same gameplay all over again of the other game after been the same for so many years, but I think that this game is not half bad as reviewers and people around here are saying it is.
- Commentary is really good and exited, also is ESPN 1st team
- Presentation is the BEST in any sports game period and full ESPN!
- Sound overall is really great, the sound of the net is spot on, also, the ball sound, crowd is really excited and very smart in blow out games you can’t hear anything!
- Graphics are also really nice, could be better but c’mon! NBA live 10 or 2K whatever doesn’t looks better than this game, the floor and the reflections of the light are the best on any basketball game (including the other game)
- Gameplay is good, kind of realistic if you ask me, no more 3 after 3, or dunk after dunk, you really need to work to score, and most important this game is really fun!
If you are in the fence, give this game a chance, do not listen to all the bad reviews, maybe 2K is behind that, remember is all about the money, NBA Live 14 is not that bad.
This game is flat out fun once you adjust coaching options for every team and set up you game right.

For me it feels like an edited NBALive 10.

# 133 The 24th Letter @ 11/29/13 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
This game is flat out fun once you adjust coaching options for every team and set up you game right.

What settings are you changing to help paint defense?

# 134 Tomba @ 11/29/13 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What settings are you changing to help paint defense?
All set PM'd you 24th

# 135 WTF @ 11/29/13 09:00 PM
Care to send it over to me as well Tomba. Really interested.

# 136 Tomba @ 11/29/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Care to send it over to me as well Tomba. Really interested.
All set pm'd you

# 137 style24 @ 11/30/13 11:15 AM
could someone send me tomba settings?

# 138 nick_sr @ 11/30/13 11:23 AM
1. love how lebron get's booed in various arenas(msg, united centre, quickens, bankers life) just curious to why he doesn't get booed at staples or chesapeake?

2.played my first game of online last night and it was damn near laughable! why is so hard to shoot?

3.how do they expect you to complete challenges with the accelerated clock?

4.game is becoming way better as I learn the controls.

5.game plays a lot better when you're just playing tip-off online.

6.love dunks getting blocked

7.why are the starters in when i'm up by 29 with 2 mins left in the 4th? I sub them out and the coach puts them back in

8.have yet to see the cpu call a time-out lol. maybe that's because the cpu is always laying a beating on me smh.

# 139 nick_sr @ 11/30/13 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

it got better once I learned more of the controls. now I know how to focus on stars and pressure the shooters on defense. it will get a lot better when I know how to control the man without the ball.

# 140 Tomba @ 11/30/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by style24
could someone send me tomba settings?

NO Have to request to me please

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.