Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

NBA Live 14 is available for everyone today. Make sure you check out some of the reviews that have appeared online. As more reviews come in, we'll update this post.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Hadlowe @ 11/19/13 09:12 AM
I had such moderate hopes for this game, and it still failed to live up to those. At least NBA didn't grant EA an exclusive license on this series.

# 2 GJC1213 @ 11/19/13 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutt
Ouch indeed. That was the first word that came to mind for me too. I was really pulling for Live even after the weak vids we saw. After the Suns v Clips footage I knew we were in trouble. This is exactly what I had feared. I really don't put much stock in IGN reviews since those reviewers look like they have never taken a jump shot in their lives but 4.3? If it was even a 7.0 i'd give it a shot. 4.3 is one of the lowest game reviews scores i have ever seen.

# 3 fluent2332 @ 11/19/13 09:15 AM
Quote:
The poopy presentation
And this is supposed to be a professional review?

Anyway, I'm not surprised. I just hope it gets some decent reviews and sells relatively well enough to warrant continuing the series beyond this year.

# 4 DaWolf @ 11/19/13 09:20 AM
Indeed not quite what I would call a professional review: "... underneath the garbage .."

# 5 Gosens6 @ 11/19/13 09:26 AM
A 4.3?! Holy hell. I can't wait to play this demo later.

# 6 alaska2k3 @ 11/19/13 09:29 AM
"BRICK"

In all-red caps at the top of the article. Ouch.

# 7 Panicshade @ 11/19/13 09:30 AM
So far IGN is the only site to put a review up but I would imagine more will start coming in soon. If other reviews are similar with their scores/criticisms then I can easily see this franchise being shut down permanently. I don't see this game staying full price for very long.

I think the worst decision they made was to have this game be next gen only. That raises people's expectations (fair or not) because they know the new consoles can handle much more powerful and demanding games. If they would have made this a current gen release also like 2K did with 2K14 then that may have at least offset some of the cost of making the game since the PS3/360 have a much larger install base than next gen consoles.

# 8 H to the Oza @ 11/19/13 09:31 AM
Feature rich, gameplay poor. What else is new, EA Tiburon?

# 9 Shmaks @ 11/19/13 09:43 AM
Why everyone is looking for the cause of the low raiting. The game failed (compared to 2k14) enough to see videos to understand this.
By the way there is review of the german site - rating is 6/10 - also not too much. Unfortunately review link does not work now

# 10 shutdown10 @ 11/19/13 09:45 AM
Sad! If you look at my thread from pastapadre about EA withholding outside sources to review this game until launch, then you will see why they did this. EA needs to feel the heat for this because they did not give the developers the proper budget or resources to get this game where it needed to be on these next gen consoles. The next reviews that come in are going to decide the fate of this franchise.

# 11 Entiae @ 11/19/13 09:45 AM
Wow, 4.3? Yikes.

Hopefully more reviews will come out soon.

# 12 GJC1213 @ 11/19/13 09:45 AM

# 13 chi_hawks @ 11/19/13 09:46 AM
That is brutal. And honestly, from the videos EA had released, I'm not surprised. What an absolute joke NBA Live has become. Thank you god the NBA doesn't do an exclusive license deal like the NFL did. No doubt in my mind EA would end up with that too.

# 14 Gorilla Glass @ 11/19/13 09:52 AM
NBA Live 05 was arguably the best in the Live series. Why not copy its mechanics?

Hopefully the price drops to 20 bucks, then I will BETA test for them.lol

# 15 Finess @ 11/19/13 09:54 AM
AYo, honestly I want to sit down and hear a developer sell me this game. Like straight honest to god tell me to my face that this game is worth $60. NBA 2k14 gets all new love and respect from me from what my eyes just saw, like wow EA this is not PS2 days where stuff like what was shown in that video is acceptable (I refuse to even say it's name).

# 16 rawdog805 @ 11/19/13 09:57 AM
I am absolutely disgusted that I purchased this as one of my buy two get one free deal. My son begged me to get it for his birthday, so I did. This game wouldn't have been acceptable on ps2. That's how bad it is. I will be trading it in asap.

# 17 Inhocmark @ 11/19/13 09:57 AM
I saw it coming sadly...the streams on Twitch have looked and played kind of bad.

This should be sad for any sports fans regardless of what series you prefer 2 good basketball games (or two good sport games in any genre) would help push both series forward.

# 18 apollon42 @ 11/19/13 10:00 AM
I would be shocked if anyone bought the game after this.

# 19 fluent2332 @ 11/19/13 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
I would be shocked if anyone bought the game after this.
Lol why? This is one guy's opinion. Play the demo for yourself and see what you think.

# 20 tha_show256 @ 11/19/13 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
That is brutal. And honestly, from the videos EA had released, I'm not surprised. What an absolute joke NBA Live has become. Thank you god the NBA doesn't do an exclusive license deal like the NFL did. No doubt in my mind EA would end up with that too.
I really wanted live to do well, but, I can't see from these vids and reviews that are popping up...WOW, is all I can say, they are really trying to pass this game as next gen??? Def not worth $60 period!

« Previous1234567891314Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.