Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

NBA Live 14 is available for everyone today. Make sure you check out some of the reviews that have appeared online. As more reviews come in, we'll update this post.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 casims22 @ 11/19/13 10:04 AM
I had high hopes for this game, but this is disappointing. Glad I didn't wait for it and went ahead with 2k14. I will still download the demo and try it out.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

# 22 JoeDog10 @ 11/19/13 10:07 AM
If they want to get this game in the hands of consumers, they are going to need to price it at $19.99. I'd buy it for that price just to have a change of pace.

# 23 Gorilla Glass @ 11/19/13 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Lol why? This is one guy's opinion. Play the demo for yourself and see what you think.
Definitely this. I got a chance to play Madden 25 and its way better than IGN leads you to believe, but then they high praise games that deal with Flowers?

I'm definitely going to download the Demo.

# 24 Dizmode @ 11/19/13 10:08 AM
This has to hurt....Thank God I read those two reviews before I went to pick it up this morning....a Demo is normally not the full features so that wont help either....oh well as usual EA you failed a TON of people.....maybe I can use it so my niece can something to practice with before they have to play a real basketball game I guess.....lets get our hopes up for Live 15.....4 years ...4 years

# 25 Gosens6 @ 11/19/13 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC1213
Quote:
In fact most teams start to feel like they are the San Antonio Spurs and we all know that’s not fun.
So, most teams feel like they lead the league in PPG, and run up and down the court trying to score as much as they can?

Clearly, the reviewer on this site knows nothing about basketball, claiming that the new Spurs play like the old Spurs of years ago. This is where I stopped reading.

# 26 tha_show256 @ 11/19/13 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Definitely this. I got a chance to play Madden 25 and its way better than IGN leads you to believe, but then they high praise games that deal with Flowers?

I agree, Madden, was def. one of the games I worried about as well as live, but, Madden was a BIG SURPRISE overall on ps4, I LOVE IT!! So I am going to try the demo of live, but, I am thinking/hoping that it goes like Madden and I am pleasantly surprised! Although, Madden did look good to me at times, before I actually got my hands on it. Live hasn't looked good at all.

# 27 swaggedout @ 11/19/13 10:26 AM
The writing is on the wall, yet and still people will defend this game like they work for the company. I'm all for competition, but this doesn't fall in that category. Game looks like its running on a ps2, animations are still not fluid. This looks like the first year in a 3 year dev cycle. Some people have that Jessie Jackson mentality, "Keep hope alive". Power to y'all. You gonna buy this game, defend it, force yourself to like, complain, then scream for a patch. Ill pass yet again.

# 28 Melbournelad @ 11/19/13 10:33 AM
Man that is just humiliating for the Live devs. It's the lowest score I've ever seen IGN give a game. But after watching streams of it, the rating is spot on.

# 29 fluent2332 @ 11/19/13 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Man that is just humiliating for the Live devs. It's the lowest score I've ever seen IGN give a game. But after watching streams of it, the rating is spot on.
You must have played the game a lot to know that the rating is spot on. Oh wait, you only saw streams

# 30 chi_hawks @ 11/19/13 10:36 AM
Quote:

Sure - that's your right as a consumer. You can even purchase the game if you like.

But this is more than just "one bad review from IGN". The writing was on the wall. EA was protecting this game til its release. The videos they did provide were underwhelming and looked previous gen. I'd be shocked if the OS review is above a 6. Metacritic's average will be really bad by the time December rolls around.

# 31 Melbournelad @ 11/19/13 10:38 AM
Quote:
You must have played the game a lot to know that the rating is spot on. Oh wait, you only saw streams
LOL. You have posted yourself that you don't have the game yet either, and all you have been doing is defending this terrible excuse of a basketball simulation all throughout the Live forums.

# 32 billman29 @ 11/19/13 10:41 AM
Quote:
And if you’re looking for instructions on how to run the technically named plays you can call, you’ll just have to figure it out on your own. No HUD indicators or other graphics show you what the hell a “51 Spread Pop” is.
There's an option to turn play-art on in the menus, so I'm not sure what he's talking about.

# 33 Gosens6 @ 11/19/13 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
LOL. You have posted yourself that you don't have the game yet either, and all you have been doing is defending this terrible excuse of a basketball simulation all throughout the Live forums.
Don't even bother. These are the same guys saying Live shows promise just from watching streams, and saying that 2K has the same ol' gameplay just from watching streams.

They can watch all the streams and gameplay videos they want, while praising this game to heaven, but when someone criticizes and points out obvious, glaring flaws. Not only from a basketball perspective, but a video game perspective, we're trolling because we've only watched streams. It's getting pathetic at this point

# 34 Gorilla Glass @ 11/19/13 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
The writing is on the wall, yet and still people will defend this game like they work for the company. I'm all for competition, but this doesn't fall in that category. Game looks like its running on a ps2, animations are still not fluid. This looks like the first year in a 3 year dev cycle. Some people have that Jessie Jackson mentality, "Keep hope alive". Power to y'all. You gonna buy this game, defend it, force yourself to like, complain, then scream for a patch. Ill pass yet again.
Then there is the other side of your post, the one where people hate the game based on the developers, not the experience.

Just with Madden 25 on PS4 which is a pretty awesome game but of course, here comes the bobble head haters. I don't blame them for wanting the best, but most base their rants off of past experiences and compressed YouTube videos, so I take thy haters opinion as a grain of salt.

Maybe NBAL14 does stink, but until you've actually tried it, then 'what are you talking about Willis'?

# 35 fluent2332 @ 11/19/13 10:49 AM
The game looks good to me. Is that so hard to understand? I haven't even passed judgement on the final product yet. I'm still waiting to play the demo like most normal people are. Anyone who comes to concrete conclusions from watching some streams is a fool.

# 36 Melbournelad @ 11/19/13 10:52 AM
Quote:
Then there is the other side of your post, the one where people hate the game based on the developers, not the experience.

Just with Madden 25 on PS4 which is a pretty awesome game but of course, here comes the bobble head haters. I don't blame them for wanting the best, but most base their rants off of past experiences and compressed YouTube videos, so I take thy haters opinion as a grain of salt.

Maybe NBAL14 does stink, but until you've actually tried it, then 'what are you talking about Willis'?
Hey bro, say you have an 8 or 9/10 girl (2k). Then a 3/10 girl (Live) comes along and wants to get in with you. Do you need to "try it" to know there is no comparison and you would much rather the first girl?

# 37 GJC1213 @ 11/19/13 10:52 AM
I don't think anyone needs to have played the game to be able to say that everything we have seen from live has been short of "positive". The trailer, the streamed gameplay, the lack of anything compelling officially released from EA, the list goes on. I think the backlash at EA is completely warranted. There has been absolutely nothing that makes me think this game is worth the pick up. I wish it wasn't the case. I love bball games and am still a bit fatigued on 2k after playing literally 10,000 games of 11/12. I would have loved a beautiful, fresh, smooth next gen experience form EA.

I'll still try the demo and hope everyone is wrong but looks like 2k on Friday for me...unfortunately.

# 38 Gosens6 @ 11/19/13 10:54 AM
Quote:
The game looks good to me. Is that so hard to understand? I haven't even passed judgement on the final product yet. I'm still waiting to play the demo like most normal people are. Anyone who comes to concrete conclusions from watching some streams is a fool.
Concrete conclusions gathered from the streams..

1. Bad animations. There's 0 variety in the way players animate, aside from some of the different dribbling techniques.

2. Player movement. Embarrassingly slow, and yet somehow jerky at the same time. It's like someone put 10 robots on the court and put them all on slow speed.

3. The crowd. They don't look next gen, they're also very robotic and stiff. They might sound good, but they detract from the overall look, big time.

4. The post game is puke worthy. There looks to be, maybe 2-3 moves an offensive post player can use, and from the stream, 85% of the time there is little to no contact in the paint.

5. Spacing. Why don't the user AI teammates move when he has the ball the majority of the time? In almost all of the videos I saw, offenses are stagnant, complacent, like they're not even there.

6. The commentary. Too much dead air. It's boring, like they just recorded generic lines in the studio with a hangover after an all night party session. It's bad.

I mean christ, should I keep going? Because I definitely can. These are all concrete flaws that detract from the overall basketball experience. Stop grasping for straws. The game looks bad visually, it looks like it plays terrible from a basketball perspective. If YOU think this is how basketball is supposed to look and play, then you've been watching the wrong sport.

# 39 Ferweezy @ 11/19/13 10:54 AM
People who defends this crap of a game I have no respect for.

# 40 Gorilla Glass @ 11/19/13 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yg63
Damn bro, you defend this game like someone talking about your family. Funny thing is it's the same company that tried to trick folks into buying by postponing reviews. Now that's a real headshake.
Postponed reviews? Why didn't they wait til the 22nd then?

GTA5 postponed their reviews, so your statement is invalid.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.