Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The NBA 2K14 patch for Xbox One users is available now. The patch fixes MyCAREER save file and The Park connectivity issues. Some gameplay enhancements have been made, but no official patch notes have been released.

Let us know what you're seeing.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cookemcurt @ 12/05/13 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
ditto for me as well. It says I need to delete a file in order to start a new one, so I delete them all and try to start a new file and I get kicked to the home screen.

I go back into "manage files" and all the files I deleted are still there, and I go into a reoccurring loop. YAYAYAYAY.

I'm on the phone with 2K support now, if they give me a fix to try I'll post it on here.
same issues with mycareer as well.
But please do, this game is now unplayable for me.

# 22 sccavs64 @ 12/05/13 03:09 PM
Ok guys, I think we might have made some progress here.

The guy on the phone said it's easy to fix, you just have to go to nba2k.com and log-in. From there you can click on "account", and you will be able to manually delete your files from their servers. He said you can't actually delete them from their servers on your console (stupid, but whatever).

Now I just can't remember my password and their password reset thing isn't working. So I am on the phone with them yet again. I will confirm whether or not this works once I get logged in to their website.

# 23 sccavs64 @ 12/05/13 03:53 PM
No luck logging in - the idiot on the phone couldn't understand why the password reset wasn't working. So he "sent my ticket up the chain of command to the webmasters to help locate the issue" aka I won't get an answer.

I feel like this is the way to fix the problem though. Is there anybody with this issue who can log in to their myplayer account on nba2k.com? If you can, try deleting the files from there and see if it fixes the issue.

# 24 knicks69 @ 12/05/13 04:08 PM
update the rosters please 2k!!!!

# 25 ChaosIndulge1227 @ 12/05/13 04:17 PM
Any changes to the choose sides option in MyGM/Season mode?

# 26 scottyp180 @ 12/05/13 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
- Still kicks me out of the game when I loose my internet connection (which is often)
- Still doesnt save Control settings
- Still not able to save rosters
- And gameplay wise I think they toned down help defense (which is shame - I liked it more before)
Haven't played post patch yet but I wouldn't mind help d being toned down a bit. Cpu often helps too often, at times when it is not needed, resulting in players being left wide ope .

# 27 Cuse 15 @ 12/05/13 04:37 PM
I can't even get it to load, stuck on the black screen after Lebron, ridiculous

# 28 LOOSECANNON @ 12/05/13 06:48 PM
WOWWWWW just had an amazing game Pelicans vs. Mavs..so close to the end and the game ****ing reset!!!!!!! HORRIBLE. **** you, 2K. Come on!!!

# 29 Heroesandvillains @ 12/05/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSECANNON
WOWWWWW just had an amazing game Pelicans vs. Mavs..so close to the end and the game ****ing reset!!!!!!! HORRIBLE. **** you, 2K. Come on!!!
I understand that people are upset, and rightfully so, but these kind of posts don't help developers get to the crux of the problem (and don't help fix YOUR product).

Every crash or glitch or bug needs to be described in detail. Example: What mode does the crash occur in? Which teams? What happened immediately before the crash? Has anything been recently edited that could have caused the crash? Are you playing online or offline? Etc.

Developers can then attempt to recreate the glitch/bug/crash and attempt to fix it.

I understand people may not want to help 2K right now. I get it. People want to and deserve a place to vent. But everyone's goal here on OS and at 2K is mutual. It's to have as perfect of a product as possible.

It's a win-win for everyone that way. Even in an impressions thread, a descriptive account of your complaints will be to the benefit of the game.

# 30 venusblue @ 12/05/13 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I understand that people are upset, and rightfully so, but these kind of posts don't help developers get to the crux of the problem (and don't help fix YOUR product).

Every crash or glitch or bug needs to be described in detail. Example: What mode does the crash occur in? Which teams? What happened immediately before the crash? Has anything been recently edited that could have caused the crash? Are you playing online or offline? Etc.

Developers can then attempt to recreate the glitch/bug/crash and attempt to fix it.

I understand people may not want to help 2K right now. I get it. People want to and deserve a place to vent. But everyone's goal here on OS and at 2K is mutual. It's to have as perfect of a product as possible.

It's a win-win for everyone that way. Even in an impressions thread, a descriptive account of your complaints will be to the benefit of the game.
I understand they need detail and I am one that would be more then willing to provide it, however, their support team has to contact us first to receive it. Everything about this situation has been a sham. From Ronny tweeting how great this game is and Chris Manning to 2k Support tweets saying oh thanks, tweet us your incident number and we will help you. I've called 3 or 4 times, tweeted several times and had minimal response. Found out tonight that "oh we're sorry nobody escalated your case like they were supposed to" My case has been open for over a week.

I know the load issues are a major problem, but please don't act like they didn't know these things before they took our $60 and released the game anyways. Those issues were known and had to occur in testing and if they didn't occur in testing they need to revisit there dev environment. I understand glitches, but to put out something that renders the game unplayable at all is another thing altogether.

There PR ppl act like the game is golden, its great, reviewers do too. However, for users not to be able to play the product for weeks after they fork over $60 is just wrong. They need to take ownership and make a statement. Not just this crap that oh "patch any day now" and "another patch soon" Great. What I want to hear as a consumer is "we messed up". We are sorry and every detail you can give us to help resolve our issues would be beneficial. I dont' want to hear "I'm in the park and it is rockin"

To this day they still haven't posted anything on there support site in regards to patch release dates\notes or myplayer issues, but us consumers all know this is occurring. This is a complete sham. They need to take ownership and then I would be more then willing to go out of my way to assist in any testing they need and document any issues in detail that occur.

We are pissed and have every right to be.

# 31 denmarkVesey @ 12/05/13 07:45 PM
Quote:

Just a question so i can see if this site is for me, but just like certain churches that get paid from the gov. to promote their agenda, are you guys affiliated and or have any ties with such companies like EA and 2k?

Oh and good post Venusblue and heroesandvillains

# 32 regroc88 @ 12/05/13 07:52 PM
I tried to load the rosters and nothing happened Gortat still on the suns

# 33 Agame @ 12/05/13 07:56 PM
2k Sports please understand I believe that you made your best efforts to produce the best game possible NEXT GEN. We the consumers understand that there are time restraints in a yearly production. Now that the game is out and the Reviews have been written please focus on what needs address. I’m confident that you team knows what works and what does not - and have someone on your staff post a Forum with a formatted list of acknowledged issues and what you have prioritized to address in upcoming patch.

# 34 KyotoCarl @ 12/05/13 07:57 PM
My PS4 hasn't even told me there's a patch available. How do you download it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 35 LOOSECANNON @ 12/05/13 08:02 PM
Quote:

No need for explanation....4th quarter MyGM, I'm the Pelicans same exact spot in beginning of the 4th, it resets..thankfully i was getting beat down by Thunder lol..but this is horrendos..this game is unplayable now.

# 36 LOOSECANNON @ 12/05/13 08:04 PM
In other words... I just had TWO GAMES IN A ROW where he game reset in the 4th quarter..and im playing 11-minute games. Garbage.

# 37 KyotoCarl @ 12/05/13 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSECANNON
In other words... I just had TWO GAMES IN A ROW where he game reset in the 4th quarter..and im playing 11-minute games. Garbage.
This isnt more helpful than your last post. Be more specific and the devs can get something out of this.

# 38 JRSAnchez @ 12/05/13 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venusblue
I understand they need detail and I am one that would be more then willing to provide it, however, their support team has to contact us first to receive it. Everything about this situation has been a sham. From Ronny tweeting how great this game is and Chris Manning to 2k Support tweets saying oh thanks, tweet us your incident number and we will help you. I've called 3 or 4 times, tweeted several times and had minimal response. Found out tonight that "oh we're sorry nobody escalated your case like they were supposed to" My case has been open for over a week.

I know the load issues are a major problem, but please don't act like they didn't know these things before they took our $60 and released the game anyways. Those issues were known and had to occur in testing and if they didn't occur in testing they need to revisit there dev environment. I understand glitches, but to put out something that renders the game unplayable at all is another thing altogether.

There PR ppl act like the game is golden, its great, reviewers do too. However, for users not to be able to play the product for weeks after they fork over $60 is just wrong. They need to take ownership and make a statement. Not just this crap that oh "patch any day now" and "another patch soon" Great. What I want to hear as a consumer is "we messed up". We are sorry and every detail you can give us to help resolve our issues would be beneficial. I dont' want to hear "I'm in the park and it is rockin"

To this day they still haven't posted anything on there support site in regards to patch release dates\notes or myplayer issues, but us consumers all know this is occurring. This is a complete sham. They need to take ownership and then I would be more then willing to go out of my way to assist in any testing they need and document any issues in detail that occur.

We are pissed and have every right to be.
Turn on my Xbox One i am not being prompted to install an update/ how am i supposed install it? where do i get it ? because this is frustrating. 2 weeks with the game and i can only play the show case that is not even loosing my previous file that crashed that i had spent money for VC. SMH ! Just like a gave up on madden i will give up on 2k too.

# 39 venusblue @ 12/05/13 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSAnchez
Turn on my Xbox One i am not being prompted to install an update/ how am i supposed install it? where do i get it ? because this is frustrating. 2 weeks with the game and i can only play the show case that is not even loosing my previous file that crashed that i had spent money for VC. SMH ! Just like a gave up on madden i will give up on 2k too.
I ran the update as it prompted me to, but after running it I was still having issues and couldnt' create another myplayer.

My recommendation is to do a clean install. I know one other user that I passed this on to and it worked as it did for me as well.

1. Uninstall 2k14
2. Pull power cable from xbox one
3. Let it sit for a full minute
4. Power up xbox
5. Run fresh install from disk

# 40 denmarkVesey @ 12/05/13 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
This isnt more helpful than your last post. Be more specific and the devs can get something out of this.

Six days ago i edited the bulls roster and did some switching of the rotation for Phi,LaL,Cle,Mia,Cha I did not even touch Nene gear let alone Wash rotation. As for gear...
Boozer- adding calf sleeves instead of his knee pads and powerband on wrist
Kirk- making his socks med length
M Teague - corrected his socks
Deng - just adding powerband to wrist

I did this using file chinup and creator Rudawakn with everytime being crashed to home when playing a game 10 min qt. So i decided to use 2k original roster thinking this would at least work... nope. Contacted 2k assistant with hope but you know what, you all want info heres info...

Angel M, Dec 04 23:47 (PST):
Hello Missjoyceepps, <<<< gf twitter

Missjoyceepps, Dec 04 21:53 (PST):
Nba2k14 for Xbox one does not let me play my career or quick match without going back to the Xbox home. It's been a week and I have used every roster. Please help.

Thank you for contacting 2K Sports. We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with NBA2K14. First we'd suggest the following steps from Sony and Microsoft:

PS4

Try booting into Safe Mode from this guide offered by Sony:

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...tail/a_id/5044

From this guide, what we'd suggest is the "Rebuild Database" option. Note: The Initializing option does state that it will wipe your date. When booting into Safe Mode, please make sure not to choose this option.

XBO

Please refer to the following guide from Microsoft:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...system-updates

If this does not help, a few questions answered will be able to further assist us:
- Where is this happening
- What was the last action taken when last playing without issue.
- What process did you follow when turning off your console after this previous gaming session?
- Are you using a previous account from a PS3, or a newly created account?
- Can you provide a screen capture of any error message or any screen where your game is hanging?

Also please provide us more information about your account

Gamertag/PSNid:
Email Address Attached to your MyPlayer Account:
+ The names of all MyCareer save files that are corrupted as they show on your console's HDD
**A Screenshot for every corrupt file showing that the MyCareer File(s) is corrupted or any error message**
If you have any other questions about file corruption, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Angel M
Troubleshoot system updates on your Xbox One console
Overview

If your Xbox One console software doesn’t update successfully, you may see one of the following issues or error messages:

Console will not progress past the start-up animation
There was a problem with the update
Your Xbox is almost full.
Solutions

Topics

Your Xbox is almost full

Error codes

This error can occur in two different scenarios with very similar troubleshooting steps, but each requires downloading a different file. Please review both scenarios before troubleshooting.

Note When you see the green Xbox start-up animation, your console is running a full system check on all hardware components, validating firmware and the operating system. This is very similar to the way a PC starts. This start-up animation screen can take several minutes before transitioning to the next screen because of this full system check. This is not an error, unless it takes longer than 10 minutes and still has not progressed to the next screen.

Scenario 1: You have just unboxed your Xbox One console and have powered on for the first time. You see the green start-up animation screen for 10 minutes or longer without transitioning to an image of the Xbox One controller.

Scenario 2: You have just received a system update from Xbox Live. After you download and install the system update, the console is forced to restart. After the console restarts, the green start-up animation screen lasts for 10 minutes or longer without transitioning to either the next screen in your system setup or to the Home screen, depending on whether this is your first update or a later update.

Solution for Scenario 1: First time start-up of the Xbox One console

After the Xbox One console has stalled on the green start-up animation screen, you must power cycle your console. Here’s how:
On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.
If you again see the green start-up animation screen for 10 minutes or longer without transitioning to an image of the Xbox One controller, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool. The OSUDT file you will want to download is OSUDT1.
If any of the following apply, you may need to repair your console:

Power cycling the console has no effect.
You can’t complete the installation of the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.
To submit a repair, visit the Xbox Online Service Center.
Solution for Scenario 2: After installing an update to the Xbox One console

After the Xbox One console has stalled on the green start-up animation screen, you must power cycle your console. Here’s how:
On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.
If you again see the green start-up animation screen for 10 minutes or longer without transitioning to an image of the Xbox One controller, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool. The OSUDT file you will want to download is OSUDT2.
If any of the following apply, you may need to repair your console:
Power cycling the console has no effect.
You can’t complete the installation of the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

This message can appear before, during, or after a system update has started. In general, this type of error is a network or caching issue.

Solution

Troubleshoot your network. Here’s how:
Select Check network connection. This test should verify that you have a working Internet connection from your Xbox One to your network device.
Try to resolve any errors that appear. See the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution to resolve any network connection errors.
If you can’t resolve the errors, you may have other issues with your network that are causing your Xbox One to time out or fail the system update. These issues may include the following:
Wireless interference
High packet loss
Latency.
If any of these issues are causing a problem, try a wired connection if possible.
If you see the It’s all good screen after running the Check network connection test, the issue is not your network.
Select Start update again.
If you see the There was a problem with the update screen again, power cycle your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for 5 seconds. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
If you see the There was a problem with the update screen again, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.
If any of the following apply, you may need a repair:
You can’t correct your network connection.
You can’t try a wired connection.
You continue to see the There was a problem with the update screen while attempting the update with a wired connection and after power cycling the console.
Notes

Once you‘ve successfully installed the system update, you’ll have more tools to help you troubleshoot your network in depth. See Network settings on Xbox One for further troubleshooting.
If your Xbox One has not been connected to the Internet for a long period of time, it may need to perform several updates to get back up to date. To see a build history, see System updates for the Xbox One operating system. Continue to perform updates until the update process is complete.
Your Xbox is almost full

This error is only associated with content updates of games or apps you already have downloaded and installed.

During the initial calculation of size and time associated with the content update, the system determined that you don’t have enough space available on your hard drive for this new content.

Solution

You’ll first need to free up some space. Here’s how:

Select Go to my games & apps.
Select content you’re not currently using, such as a game trailer or an old app or game.
Press the Menu button.
Select Uninstall.
Try again to launch the game or app associated with the content update. The update process should start again.
Error codes

You may get an error code after updating your console software. Look for the error below and try the suggested troubleshooting steps.

From the There’s a problem with the update screen, hold down both triggers and both bumpers on your controller at the same time. A new screen will appear that will display the Update Error across the bottom.

Note The “x” digits vary according to several factors, such as region or country. Exclude the first two characters (0x); the next eight characters will point you to the error codes listed below.

If you have an Exxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx number displayed across the bottom of your screen after a system update, you don’t need to take the step above. Instead, locate your Exxx error message from the list below.

Error code

What you should do

80072xxx

87ddxxxx

8007019x

8019019x

These are network errors. To resolve, you should troubleshoot your network connection.

Select Check network connection. This test should determine if you have a working Internet connection from your Xbox One to your network device.
Try to repair any errors that appear. See the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution to help resolve any network connection errors.
If you don’t receive any network errors or can’t resolve the errors you do see, you may have other problems with your network that are causing your Xbox One to time out or fail the system update. These issues can include the following:
Wireless interference
High packet loss
Latency.
If any of these issues are causing a problem, try a wired connection.
If you see the same error message, power cycle your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for 5 seconds. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord for 30 seconds.
If you’re still unable to download the system update through your connection to Xbox Live, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool in a final attempt to resolve the issue.
If any of the following apply, you may need a repair:
You can’t correct your network connection.
You can’t try a wired connection.
You continue to see the There was a problem with the update screen while attempting the update with a wired connection and after power cycling the console.
Note Once you’ve successfully installed the system update, you’ll have more tools to help you troubleshoot your network in depth. See Network settings on Xbox One for further troubleshooting.

800701e7

The system update that is trying to install is failing validation during the system update file verification.

To resolve this issue, you will need to install the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

If you continue to receive this error, or if you’d like help understanding the steps to install the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool, please contact Xbox Support.

8b050033

This error means that your Xbox One requires a system update, but the update is not currently available.

This error could occur if there’s an issue with the Xbox servers. Try again later.

E100 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

This indicates that there was an issue while updating your hardware, and that you’ll need to submit your console for a repair.

E101 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

This indicates that there was an error while trying to install and run the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

You may have accidentally downloaded an incorrect OSUDT file. Please review the instructions on how to locate the correct OS version in order to select the correct OSUDT file, and then try downloading and installing the file again.

For instructions on how to install and perform the OSUDT, see Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

If you continue to receive this error, or if you’d like help understanding the steps to install the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool, please contact Xbox Support.

E203 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

The system update that was installed is failing validation during the system check.

To resolve this issue, you will need to install the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

Related Issues

System updates for the Xbox One operating system
About system updates on your Xbox One console
Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool
Power cycle your Xbox One console
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem? YesNo
Support Resources

None of these things worked, like i said before it has be six days since i was able to play a full game.

P.S. and i guess i got my answer for the question i had asked in my prior post.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.