Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The updated NBA 2K14 roster update for Xbox One and PS4 is available now.

The same issues with Luigi Datome and Vitor Faverani on current-gen have appeared on next-gen consoles as well, with the wrong profile picture.

The recent trade of Derrick Williams from the T-Wolves to the Kings is included, as well as updated kicks from various players in the league.

To get the latest roster, simply go to Quick Game and hit the "Y" (triangle for PS4) button, make sure the Official 2K Sports Roster is highlighted and hit the "A" (X for PS4) button. It should auto-download. You can't save the file to the hard drive, from what we are hearing, users won't be able to until patch #3.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Kaanyr Vhok @ 12/06/13 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
sometimes I really don't get some complaints.
Nba today is imagined to replicate games day by day as in real life
What's the point in playing it with injured players?
The problem is how it sours custom rosters. If you dload these rosters and edit them by the time you have finished improving the sorry *** rosters some of the injured guys will be healthy in real life.

# 82 tha_show256 @ 12/06/13 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Enter MyGM and choose custom rosters. No need to post the same 3 times.
^^ He really wanted his question answered....

# 83 HxCNinja @ 12/06/13 12:50 PM
Here's a link to specify what I was saying http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?394696-NBA2K14-Patch-Released-on-PS4-amp-XB1-(3rd-Patch-in-the-works)

# 84 hapa17 @ 12/06/13 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwboutte
This might be the worst update ever (from a neglected Celtics fan) -- Jared Sullinger still can't score inside or shoot a three (If he keeps playing at the level he is now he deserves Post Proficiency). Jeff Green's corner 3 has two bars in-game, while he's shooting an outrageous 52% from the corner this season. Avery Bradley's mid-range jumper has improved and so has his 3 point shooting but is not reflected. Finally, Faverani and Pressey.... just aren't Faverani (who also can't currently shoot) and Pressey. Oh yeah, they also have Bradley at the Point Guard and and Jordan Crawford at the Shooting Guard when it's clearly the other way around!

PLEASE GIVE US SUBSTANCE 2K! -- Disappointed Celtics fan
i haven't played the new rosters yet, but if this is true, it's a travesty. all superfluous features aside, the two biggest pillars of a bball game should be gameplay and rosters. remember the lengths we went to get rosters right on a game like ken griffey jr baseball? we had to hand-input every player. same with some early maddens (if i recall correctly). i remember tecmo basketball being the absolute SHIZZLE because it had all the real nba players. today, stakes is high[er] (© de la), but the precepts are the same: get the on-court gameplay right (check) and get these rosters straight. if jared sullinger is one of the leaders and mvp's of his nba team, some attention should be paid to the details of his game. he's chuckin' threes pretty freely thus far, and doing decently for a player of his skillset (2.5 attempts per game at 31%). and jwboutte absolutely right ... sully has been demanding (yes demanding) a double-team in the post lately. the bucks, with all their frontcourt size and length, were doubling sully pretty frequently in monday's game. if you're good enough to require a double team by another nba team, you should get some love in the post-up game, whether through ratings or special skill cards (or whatever they're called). and hell, vitor faverani (unquestionably a rotation player at 16.2 mpg) is throwing up 1.4 threes per game at 33%. now i'm willing to let role players slide more, but as far as starters/team leaders, please get their attributes right.

and on a selfish note, that doesn't necessarily pertain to gameplay or roster ratings, PLEASE UPDATE JEFF GREEN'S SKIN TONE! he is not a light-skinned brother. i mean, look at him.

real life:

2k13:
default and modded likeness (i think):

2k14 NG (pulled from a youtube clip):

c'mon now. forget the fact that his facial features are still off from previous 2ks. but i can't tell the difference between him and avery bradley when playing in broadcast mode. now THAT shouldn't be a problem.

so yeah. respect each team please ... and selfishly, respect the Cs!

# 85 hapa17 @ 12/06/13 01:14 PM
on a side note, i wonder if 2k (kinda, sorta, just a teensy weensy bit) intentionally does a poor job on some of these players' likenesses to sort of incentivize them to cooperate and do a full facial scan. if i were an nba player, i'm sure i'd be weirded out by a group of nerds hunting down every nba player to do a face scan ... but once i saw a pitiful likeness of myself, a la jeff green, andre miller's insane face, chris paul's terrible face, etc., i might be more inclined to get with the nerd-program.

# 86 CD90 @ 12/06/13 01:20 PM
Quote:
What's the point of having D.Rose in the game and can't play with him against you friends or in quick matches until 2k15? They could have added him to the injured list and would have caused the same effect.

Would be too much work if they do this or if they release an official rosters without injuries for those who want to use every player? I don't think so.
I really would like to see someone from 2k respond to it.
But i guess all we would get is: "maybe in future games".

# 87 Kaanyr Vhok @ 12/06/13 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa17
on a side note, i wonder if 2k (kinda, sorta, just a teensy weensy bit) intentionally does a poor job on some of these players' likenesses to sort of incentivize them to cooperate and do a full facial scan. if i were an nba player, i'm sure i'd be weirded out by a group of nerds hunting down every nba player to do a face scan ... but once i saw a pitiful likeness of myself, a la jeff green, andre miller's insane face, chris paul's terrible face, etc., i might be more inclined to get with the nerd-program.
Its just a lot harder to compete with scans this year. Shouldnt effect skin color though.

# 88 STLRams @ 12/06/13 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
sometimes I really don't get some complaints.
Nba today is imagined to replicate games day by day as in real life
What's the point in playing it with injured players?

Well some of us are not trying to play the NBA Today games, some just want to play offline quick games with any team or player we want.

# 89 SuperNova854 @ 12/06/13 02:23 PM
I personally don't mind having similar people be the character models I only wish they at least put in their real faces for the pictures. Oh and didn't make Nene a default 79. I was hoping maybe like a 74 so it wouldn't impact my rosters too much. Oh well.

# 90 seanbarkley @ 12/06/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD90
I really would like to see someone from 2k respond to it.
But i guess all we would get is: "maybe in future games".

Every year expecting they include all those things we have been begging for and always the same: "maybe next year". Groundhog Day 2K every year.

All the issues have been said so many times that I know by heart all of them. I wish some of us could decide what to include/improve/fix because I'm sure it would be the best NBA 2K ever.

# 91 CD90 @ 12/06/13 03:11 PM
Oh, i tried to create a custom roster like you suggested.
Doesn't help.

Is there a way to load the old roster?
Wanted to play a game wiht the Pelicans, but not without Davis -.-'

# 92 FloorGeneral @ 12/06/13 03:29 PM
Pick and Roll vs. Fade tendencies are still backwards for all players. Seriously, how hard is it to correct that? Just go in and reverse the tendency for each player. I'm sure they have some kind of "Global Edit" option that simplifies the process. As is, it completely screws up the PNR game, as you have guys that should be rolling, that are fading, and vice versa.

What sucks, is with the option to have only ONE custom roster, we're severely limited in what we do. Despite the added players, there is no reason whatsoever for me to abandon my other custom roster and mess with this one.

It seems as if the whole "Stats Inc, Dynamic Living Rosters" idea was just a scam. If you don't have any intention of utilizing the tools at your disposal (Stats Inc.), then don't advertise the fact that you are. I didn't have the Current Gen (or Last Gen, if you will) version of 2K14, so I can't speak on that, but so far, Next Gen 2K14 has, for the most part, been a nightmare.

# 93 CD90 @ 12/06/13 03:42 PM
They won't change it.
They will never admit such a big mistake.

# 94 seanbarkley @ 12/06/13 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD90
Oh, i tried to create a custom roster like you suggested.
Doesn't help.

Is there a way to load the old roster?
Wanted to play a game wiht the Pelicans, but not without Davis -.-'
That's the point man! THERE'S NO WAY. No matter if you use the official roster or a custom one, you won't be able to play with Davis in a quick game until he's back from his injury and 2K decides to remove it (with D. Rose is even worse, if I want to play a quick game with him or play against any friend using him I'll have to wait until 2K15). Nonsense.

# 95 hawley088 @ 12/06/13 05:15 PM
Is real2kinsider or whatever his name is on YouTube legit? If so there was a roster released 11/22 for current gen that's more up to date than what we got. We got the 11/6 it looks like

# 96 STLRams @ 12/06/13 05:33 PM
Quote:
That's the point man! THERE'S NO WAY. No matter if you use the official roster or a custom one, you won't be able to play with Davis in a quick game until he's back from his injury and 2K decides to remove it (with D. Rose is even worse, if I want to play a quick game with him or play against any friend using him I'll have to wait until 2K15). Nonsense.
I know man, this is stupid that we don't much have freedom even for offline quick games using a updated roster that we want to customize. Well this needs to bed added to the patch list, doubt 2K will do anything to change or fix this. Ive messaged Ronnie, Beluba, Leftos and the 2K insider about this on twitter, no response yet. 2K.... Two steps forward, then two steps back......

# 97 and1product @ 12/06/13 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I know man, this is stupid that we don't much have freedom even for offline quick games using a updated roster that we want to customize. Well this needs to bed added to the patch list, doubt 2K will do anything to change or fix this. Ive messaged Ronnie, Beluba, Leftos and the 2K insider about this on twitter, no response yet. 2K.... Two steps forward, then two steps back......

........ We come together cuz opposite attract and you know.

Sorry couldnt refuse singing the song in this horrid moment we are with nba 2k.

# 98 seanbarkley @ 12/06/13 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I'll bug them a little bit on twitter too but I doubt it'll cause any effect, this is the 3rd year we've been asking for this.

# 99 RevivedZack @ 12/06/13 06:03 PM
Kobe coming back sunday? Guaranteed roster update any day.

# 100 iameich @ 12/06/13 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevivedZack
Kobe coming back sunday? Guaranteed roster update any day.
I hope so, for Lakers fans sake lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.