Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has submitted NBA 2K14 patch #3 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. According to Ronnie Singh, the patch will have a mixture of gameplay improvements and fixes for technical issues, including various MyPLAYER cases.

Let's hope we get some official patch notes before it releases this time.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jethrotull @ 12/14/13 07:51 AM
Create a player? Association Mode? Not spending real money for created shoes? VC just to edit your lineup in MYGM? Not a good debut for 2k so far. Can this be addressed with the patch?

# 42 Jistic @ 12/14/13 08:14 AM
I just want to be able to play the game with Dolby Digital sound. They never mention it yet it's all over the net. So annoying.

# 43 Goffs @ 12/14/13 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz1979
How many patches they going put out? 3 is usually it?
Usually yes...since M$ no longer charges a ridiculous amount for a patch we should be able to get more than three but its up to the devs if they have the time to work on a patch....

# 44 Glenn33 @ 12/14/13 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
How about the player morale issues? Will that be addressed in this patch or do we need to buy 2k15 first?
I am not trying to speak for Leftos but he did address that as well in a thread or two. The answer is yes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 45 bigball12 @ 12/14/13 11:34 AM
Player art updates would be nice. We KNOW they can do it.

# 46 knick9 @ 12/14/13 11:44 AM
This is the patch people been patiently waiting for, it better not disappoint.

# 47 StanleyStutters @ 12/14/13 11:56 AM
Really hope they add couch co-op to MYGM mode. I spend the majority of my time in sports games playing couch co-op.

# 48 Kepazino @ 12/14/13 12:01 PM
I can't play online why?

Youtube.Com/kepazino

# 49 Sinner @ 12/14/13 12:01 PM
Really looking forward to this patch, it will determine if I keep this game or go ahead and trade it in. If things are changed for the better and there is a chance of another patch that may also get me to keep it a little longer

# 50 Guard-ian @ 12/14/13 12:11 PM
Will online leagues customization be in the patch?

# 51 Painkiller1974 @ 12/14/13 12:37 PM
We need an option to select season lenght in MyGM (14 or 29 games)

# 52 raybone83 @ 12/14/13 03:01 PM
Will CAP be patch in please let it be and fix the Mygm mode!

# 53 STLRams @ 12/14/13 03:08 PM
It's odd to me how mysterious 2Ksports seems now about stuff in there game. In the past they just seem more upfront about stuff and we knew more info about there games before they were released. Also dev insights were well long written write ups with tons of info about features and improvements, and we for sure got patch notes in the past....

# 54 swiftypoo @ 12/14/13 03:25 PM
can't even play mycareer or mygm it loads then kicks me back to the main menu

# 55 Heroesandvillains @ 12/14/13 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
It's odd to me how mysterious 2Ksports seems now about stuff in there game. In the past they just seem more upfront about stuff and we knew more info about there games before they were released. Also dev insights were well long written write ups with tons of info about features and improvements, and we for sure got patch notes in the past....
With the way they've been treated on here recently I wouldn't blame them if their incentive to interact with the community has been strained.

Everyone, including them, knows that the game is broken in many ways. But some of the call outs and personal attacks would be hard for anyone to stomach. They still visit the site, by the way (you can see who's on at the bottom of the main forum screen).

# 56 Entiae @ 12/14/13 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Really looking forward to this patch, it will determine if I keep this game or go ahead and trade it in. If things are changed for the better and there is a chance of another patch that may also get me to keep it a little longer
Same thing here. If the problems still exist after this patch I'll probably trade it in while I can still get decent value for it. I hope it doesn't come to that, though.

# 57 threattonature @ 12/14/13 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
With the way they've been treated on here recently I wouldn't blame them if their incentive to interact with the community has been strained.

Everyone, including them, knows that the game is broken in many ways. But some of the call outs and personal attacks would be hard for anyone to stomach. They still visit the site, by the way (you can see who's on at the bottom of the main forum screen).
It's the chicken and the egg. Did the attacks and anger start because of 2K's lack of transparency or did they become transparent due to the attacks. In reality no matter how a community reacts it is inexcusable to not include something as simple as patch notes. No amount of excuses can make up for that. They should just come straight out and say what issues they are addressing.

# 58 coolcras7 @ 12/14/13 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
It's the chicken and the egg. Did the attacks and anger start because of 2K's lack of transparency or did they become transparent due to the attacks. In reality no matter how a community reacts it is inexcusable to not include something as simple as patch notes. No amount of excuses can make up for that. They should just come straight out and say what issues they are addressing.
Most game no longer include patch notes, that way there is nothing in writing incase something they promised is fixed and it turned out it is not, gamespot just wrote an article saying that NBA 2k14 outsold Madden in North American on next gen and was named sports game of the year at the VGA's.

# 59 Sundown @ 12/14/13 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
If you guys haven't noticed the 2k crew has been selectively answering a few questions about the patch, thus there won't be patch notes.

Considering the instability of the previous patches and expectations for this patch its' such an easy business decision that there's no reason to hate on 2k for it.

Letting the product speak for itself is the best thing they can do at this point. I think it'll be very good because 2k felt confident enough to roll it out within the time deadline they were aiming for.
It's really strange that 2K has adopted a policy of being vague regarding patch notes except for obvious, well documented issues.

Seems like there's been a somewhat cynical policy change at 2K that avoids acknowledging issues even if they've been fixed, because that would somehow expose the product's previous flaws and invite closer inspection.

There also seems to be a standing policy of avoiding all questions that might have an unsatisfying answer, even though those asking might appreciate the transparency. Therefore, because Leftos responded to certain issues but hasn't about player roles and trade logic, I think it would be safe to assume that Patch 3 does not have MyGM morale, role, and trade logic fixes.

And if we don't hear about those issues soon, it might be safe to assume that it's been decided that those have been pushed out to 2K15 as marketable features.

# 60 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/14/13 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Much of this anger has begun as a result of their vague and ambiguous communication with the community. Whereas before they'd document pre- and post-patch notes, now we are having to figure it out through a very cynical brand of linguistic analysis as the poster above points out.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.