Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has submitted NBA 2K14 patch #3 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. According to Ronnie Singh, the patch will have a mixture of gameplay improvements and fixes for technical issues, including various MyPLAYER cases.

Let's hope we get some official patch notes before it releases this time.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 dpower15 @ 12/17/13 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Which promised fixes?

Does it include player roles/satisfication fixes as well as trade logic fixes?

I know Leftos has mentioned he was working on player role fixes in other threads, so hopefully that is addressed. By adjusting the role/morale issues a vast majority of the unrealistic trades will be avoided as they result from the players being unhappy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 142 quehouston @ 12/17/13 06:54 PM
I don't care as much about the unrealistic trades as I do the amount of trades.

I just hope the amount of trades are toned down. I know how hard trade logic probably is to code, but trade frequency should be a simpler fix.

# 143 kamackeris76 @ 12/17/13 07:02 PM
Wonder if there will be gameplay improvements? Of course we won't find out until we play the game ourselves as there will be no patch notes!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

# 144 RangersCruz @ 12/17/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I'm going to just hope he wasn't intentionally being vague. I can't help but become one of those guys screaming from the sideline for a simple explanation.

At this point its almost comical...certainly well beyond insulting. Just outright state what the patch addresses. Provide patch notes and maintain a shred of integrity. No needs to fumble through this like every other failure in the gaming industry just because some clueless putz in a 50 dollar suit behind some crappy particle board desk fears being transparent.

Stop treating your customers like they're clueless and beneath explanation. The whole idea that avoiding your customers and refusing to provide clear and concise answers and explanations as some kind PR move is beyond absurdity.

Anyone who's ever run a business knows the best way to deal with a failed product or failure of service is to be direct, empathetic and address the issue honestly, head on.
Maybe he is not allowed to go into depth on that yet ever thought of that before ripping him?

I doubt they considered this a failed product they earned a lot of money off the sales & the whole VC stuff

# 145 Sinner @ 12/17/13 07:54 PM
Playing NBA Today game with the Golden State Warriors against the Pelicans, up good against them till the 4th qtr, things started happening. Up a few but need a defensive stop and a rebound then this happens

Spoiler

# 146 Melbournelad @ 12/17/13 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Oh man, I stuffed up my question again.

Let me start again.

Im an XB1 user from Melbourne, and a few of us have noted we dont get any notofications we've downloaded any patch since getting this new console. Do you get notifications?

(And Ive turned off 'auto update' in the xbox panel settings)
Lol no worries, I think I understand now. Are you saying you aren't getting notifications for the patches for 2k so far, or every single patch you have downloaded for any game on the Xbox One?

I don't recall having this issue when I got patch 1 and 2 for 2k, but I'll test it when I get a chance later.

# 147 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/17/13 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Lol no worries, I think I understand now. Are you saying you aren't getting notifications for the patches for 2k so far, or every single patch you have downloaded for any game on the Xbox One?

I don't recall having this issue when I got patch 1 and 2 for 2k, but I'll test it when I get a chance later.
I dont recall getting any notification of a patch for any game on this console so far.

Apparently the Battlefield one is out but I havent got a notification.

It's hard to tell with 2K because MS doesnt communicate with us about patches through the console

# 148 basehead617 @ 12/17/13 10:21 PM
It's not that easy to provide patch notes.

Patches are typically hundreds of individual source code check-ins and providing all of them would be more than overkill... for one thing, someone would have to figure out which changes were related to what big-c Changes.. probably discuss with the engineer responsible for the change and find out what the deal with it was (a lot of times the descriptions engineers provide on their own are not enough for, or maybe even not understandable by a general audience).

It would probably take days to create patch notes for the patch, when you should really be worrying about it coming out ASAP and further issues being addressed, rather than anally documenting this bunch of fixes.

Besides, in an atmosphere like this, it would just be used for people to say 'smh where's [x]??' or 'it didn't work' or new patch requests with pet issues.

# 149 RangersCruz @ 12/17/13 10:27 PM
Quote:
I dont recall getting any notification of a patch for any game on this console so far.

Apparently the Battlefield one is out but I havent got a notification.

It's hard to tell with 2K because MS doesnt communicate with us about patches through the console
That's weird have you tried calling MS?

# 150 RumbleCard @ 12/17/13 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Maybe he is not allowed to go into depth on that yet ever thought of that before ripping him?

I doubt they considered this a failed product they earned a lot of money off the sales & the whole VC stuff
I don't have to think about it. I've patiently waited for answers. I'm a paying customer who isn't satisfied with my product. As a business owner and one who deals largely with the public I can't imagine avoiding my good paying customers with the excuse of "I'm not allowed to talk about it". Whether they consider it a failure or not should matter little to anyone who's unhappy with the product they were sold.

I go above and beyond to give my customers an honest response when things don't go according to their plan. I don't get why the video game industry gets a free pass to push out inferior products while expecting us to answer to them. It doesn't work that way anywhere else.

I certainly don't feel as though I ripped anyone. Expecting an honest and frank level of customer service is far from unreasonable.

# 151 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/17/13 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I don't have to think about it. I've patiently waited for answers. I'm a paying customer who isn't satisfied with my product. As a business owner and one who deals largely with the public I can't imagine avoiding my good paying customers with the excuse of "I'm not allowed to talk about it". Whether they consider it a failure or not should matter little to anyone who's unhappy with the product they were sold.

I go above and beyond to give my customers an honest response when things don't go according to their plan. I don't get why the video game industry gets a free pass to push out inferior products while expecting us to answer to them. It doesn't work that way anywhere else.

I certainly don't feel as though I ripped anyone. Expecting an honest and frank level of customer service is far from unreasonable.
This highlights the issue of when one company has a monopoly over the market.

# 152 SPRINGS03 @ 12/17/13 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617

Patches are typically hundreds of individual source code check-ins and providing all of them would be more than overkill... for one thing, someone would have to figure out which changes were related to what big-c Changes.. probably discuss with the engineer responsible for the change and find out what the deal with it was (a lot of times the descriptions engineers provide on their own are not enough for, or maybe even not understandable by a general audience).

It would probably take days to create patch notes for the patch, when you should really be worrying about it coming out ASAP and further issues being addressed, rather than anally documenting this bunch of fixes.

Besides, in an atmosphere like this, it would just be used for people to say 'smh where's [x]??' or 'it didn't work' or new patch requests with pet issues.
Nonsense, other games release patch notes all the time, why is 2k an exception. Hell even battlefield 4 has patch notes. Being vague about what a patch fixes isn't a good idea, specifics are necessary.

# 153 RangersCruz @ 12/17/13 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
No they don't. Not even close. They still haven't captured the true lankiness of players like them. Their legs in real life are twigs. And their body/waist should be thinner.

And there is no torso or leg length edits now. There's an edit for body. They took the other two out. With those other edits, you could make guys look so much better. And when you would increase leg length, their legs would actually get skinnier. Trust me, I was able to make Durant look MUCH more like him.
idk to me he looks lanky enough i just wish i could make him a KD lanky type player in MyCareer

# 154 Glenn33 @ 12/18/13 12:04 AM
....but the patch hasn't come out yet.

# 155 YoungBuck3 @ 12/18/13 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617

People aren't looking for technical information or the process behind it from patch notes, they simply want to know what was addressed. Like pretty much every other game does when they patch.

Not jumping on the hate bandwagon yet because the patch hasn't even been released, but to make it out like it is some giant task to provide patch notes is pretty funny.

# 156 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/18/13 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBuck3

Not jumping on the hate bandwagon yet because the patch hasn't even been released, but to make it out like it is some giant task to provide patch notes is pretty funny.
Eaxctly. They used to do it in the past, and DICE have just done it with Battlefield.

# 157 The Timber Wolf @ 12/18/13 08:09 AM
This patch had better be GREAT. I have had to spend the past few days playing NBA Live as my 2K14 simply has way, way too many bugs. I need this game to be fixed. Live is semi okay / borderline terrible. I didn't pay all this money for my PS4 to step 10 years back in time. I am REALLY annoyed with 2K at this point. This patch needs to be great.

My career won't load anymore and I sure as hell aint starting a new one until I know everything is fixed. This had better be a hell of a patch.

# 158 RumbleCard @ 12/18/13 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
No offense but im guessing your business doesn't depend on a single product that is rebuilt annually. It's also probably not dissected by loyal fans in a dedicated online forum that is boggled down by people who vent redundantly over minor issues & fail to recognize the reality of the situation along with viable solutions. 2k will have some details whenever they get the patch out. With all the improvements that need to and hopefully are being made listing every detail is unnecessary and relatively unimportant.
No offense taken. No one is more aware of the absurd expectations and largely unfounded nitpicky complaints that a company like 2k are inundated with on a regular basis. Which is why I rarely complain publicly and generally look to quell the overreacting crowd. Lets not forget that 2K's reputation was built on being straightforward and dealing with the community on a level field.

But somewhere along the line they decided it was better to stop doing that. I think that's a horrible decision and one that will cost them customers, even some long term customers.

When you build a giant you have to be prepared for all that comes with it. You can't just arbitrarily decide that you're going to be vague and reclusive because some complaints are big problems while others are minor in comparison. There's nothing wrong with picking and choosing your battles but deal with it openly and most of us will understand.

You can't please everyone but nothing is a bigger turn off or more insulting than a failure to respond. There were no patch notes the last time around and its sounding like they're going to beat around the bush on this one too.

Have you ever had to deal with Amazon? They're a giant in my opinion. They also have great customer service and you can typically get someone on the phone in less than 10 minutes. Even though I don't think ebay does enough to protect their sellers they're another big company that has good customer service and responds quickly and honestly to customer complaints.

When you get your car fixed its not unreasonable to ask and be told exactly what happened, what went wrong and how it was fixed.

# 159 Bbrock0 @ 12/18/13 10:49 AM
I strongly disagree with whomever says that patch notes are an unrealistic expectation. It literally would take at most 30 minutes to generate, and probably much less.

For instance;

Patch 3
- increased player chances catching alley oop passes in mycareer
- decreased cpu alley oop effectiveness in all modes
- setting changes should now be permanently saved in all modes
- roles have been removed for mygm
- playbooks now work correctly
- CE-34878 crash errors have been fixed
- ETC ETC

It's not going to take all that long. And if it does, it's because 2K released a buggy piece of $&!*

# 160 King_B_Mack @ 12/18/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
This highlights the issue of when one company has a monopoly over the market.
Go somewhere with this factually incorrect nonsense.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.