Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has submitted NBA 2K14 patch #3 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. According to Ronnie Singh, the patch will have a mixture of gameplay improvements and fixes for technical issues, including various MyPLAYER cases.

Let's hope we get some official patch notes before it releases this time.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/18/13 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Go somewhere with this factually incorrect nonsense.
2K has had a monopoly over the basketball game market for years.

Do you disagree?

# 162 VDusen04 @ 12/18/13 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd

Do you disagree?
It's not a monopoly in any true sense. They're the only feasible game in the market because everyone else has released abominations in recent years (or just dropped out altogether). Live has every opportunity to step up and create a better game. They're not being prevented by 2K and a supposed monopoly. They're being prevented because they're making terrible games.

To King_B_Mack, I believe we spoke a week ago regarding folks using "monopoly" in a non-literal sense. I stand corrected, some truly appear to believe 2K holds an actual monopoly. Still, I tend to assume most people just mean it as a way of explaining 2K's lack of urgency due to there being no other feasible options on the market (because other options can't make themselves not really suck). But then again, perhaps I'm wrong about that as well.

# 163 King_B_Mack @ 12/18/13 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
It's not a monopoly in any true sense. They're the only feasible game in the market because everyone else has released abominations in recent years (or just dropped out altogether). Live has every opportunity to step up and create a better game. They're not being prevented by 2K and a supposed monopoly. They're being prevented because they're making terrible games.

To King_B_Mack, I believe we spoke a week ago regarding folks using "monopoly" in a non-literal sense. I stand corrected, some truly appear to believe 2K holds an actual monopoly. Still, I tend to assume most people still just mean it as a way of explaining 2K's lack of urgency due to there being no other feasible options on the market (because other options can't make themselves not super suck). But then again, perhaps I'm wrong about that as well.
Told you man. People actually have no clue what a monopoly is. It's sad to be honest. This is the problem I have with everyone deciding to go ahead and use this next gen release as reason to just have free reign on railing 2K. They made some poor choices with this game, that much is clear by the feedback, but to try to paint it as if they've been Madden for the last four years is a load of crap.

# 164 Kaanyr Vhok @ 12/18/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd

Do you disagree?
When Live was outselling 2k Visual Concepts made some dumb design decisions in response to the competition. When you have the better game you are competing against yourself and Id say the original NBA 2k was then better game. By the end of that generation NBA Live was imo a better game with Live 05 and right there with the PS 2/Xbox version of Live 2006.

# 165 VDusen04 @ 12/18/13 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
When Live was outselling 2k Visual Concepts made some dumb design decisions in response to the competition. When you have the better game you are competing against yourself and Id say the original NBA 2k was then better game. By the end of that generation NBA Live was imo a better game with Live 05 and right there with the PS 2/Xbox version of Live 2006.
You mean like that one time 2K tried to go "street arcade" in 2004 to match Live's freestyle controls and whatnot? That was a crazy year. I felt like it actually took a few more iterations for 2K to fully recover.

# 166 jeb4056 @ 12/18/13 04:11 PM
I hope they patched in the ability to play co-op in myGM.

# 167 joewink23 @ 12/18/13 04:22 PM
Man, I was hoping to see that reverse cradle dunk from Chauncey. Damn it Kerry Kittles!

# 168 Kaanyr Vhok @ 12/18/13 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
You mean like that one time 2K tried to go "street arcarde" in 2004 to match Live's freestyle controls and whatnot? That was a crazy year. I felt like it actually took a few more iterations for 2K to fully recover.

Yeah isomotion was a broken response to Live 2003's equally broken freestyle controls. Live 2004 did improve so IMO Live 2004 was better than 2k4 after 2k-2k3 were the best basketball games on the market.

# 169 bogeyexpress @ 12/18/13 05:20 PM
I pray for a playbook fix, SOON!!!!!

# 170 idkhello @ 12/18/13 05:28 PM
Does anyone know why they took away the ability to shorten seasons in MyGM/Association? I know you can do it in season mode but I liked having full control of everything. I don't like playing 82 games seasons and plus I am able to play multiple seasons with a shorten game amount.

# 171 basehead617 @ 12/18/13 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBuck3
People aren't looking for technical information or the process behind it from patch notes, they simply want to know what was addressed. Like pretty much every other game does when they patch.

Not jumping on the hate bandwagon yet because the patch hasn't even been released, but to make it out like it is some giant task to provide patch notes is pretty funny.

Patch notes released for games never say EVERY change that was made.

This community is going to jump all over stuff that's left out of the patch notes.

I agree a community person like ronnie should give a general idea, as long as the expectation is that it will NOT list every tiny pet bug fix someone has.

# 172 BA2929 @ 12/18/13 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
If I remember correctly the last patch was out within 6 days. Either Sony & Microsoft are being extremely cautious or I think the patch needs more patching.
Or it's just taking longer because Sony and Microsoft have more things they're doing which is slowing up the process.

# 173 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/18/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
Patch notes released for games never say EVERY change that was made.

This community is going to jump all over stuff that's left out of the patch notes.

I agree a community person like ronnie should give a general idea, as long as the expectation is that it will NOT list every tiny pet bug fix someone has.
Ronnie confirmed patch notes are coming

# 174 iameich @ 12/18/13 07:11 PM
Posted by @Ronnie2K on twitter 24 mins ago…

"Been informed that Patch 3 will be released on both PS4 & Xbox One within next few days. Usually takes 10-14 days, but ahead of schedule.

Patch notes will be released alongside #NBA2K14 patch update #3."

Sounds good to me.

# 175 RumbleCard @ 12/18/13 09:14 PM
I was one who complained so now I will be one to applaud the tweet that patch notes will be included. Can't make everyone happy but at least we won't be in the dark.

# 176 2ksince07 @ 12/18/13 09:25 PM
2k just reimbursed me for all the VC. Go make a support ticket folks.

email i got from 2k support:

Thank you for your continued patience.

Successfully flagged file <******> for deletion and refunded <504311 VC>. Please allow 1-2 hours from now before playing your game.

Prior to starting your game please ensure that these files have been deleted from your console.
If you have any further issues please let me know.

Regards,

# 177 Sundown @ 12/18/13 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iameich

"Been informed that Patch 3 will be released on both PS4 & Xbox One within next few days. Usually takes 10-14 days, but ahead of schedule.

Sounds good to me.
Stepping up. If the notes are moderately informative, I'm glad to be wrong about this.

# 178 threattonature @ 12/18/13 09:54 PM
Quote:

Sounds good to me.
Good stuff. That's all that most ask for is just some kind of general idea of what is addressed with the patch.

# 179 dpower15 @ 12/18/13 09:57 PM
Quote:

Sounds good to me.

Great news on timeline and notes! Hopefully MyGM is ready to roll now, regardless of the criticism I think if the customization allowed by CG Association (edit all ratings/contracts for ANY team not just yours, disable CPU trades and player roles, etc.) was brought here that the mode would be much more enjoyable than a standard Association mode.

Also have to say it's probably a sign they're listening to the community since they are releasing the patch notes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 180 LakersMeeks @ 12/18/13 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksince07
2k just reimbursed me for all the VC. Go make a support ticket folks.

email i got from 2k support:

Thank you for your continued patience.

Successfully flagged file <******> for deletion and refunded <504311 VC>. Please allow 1-2 hours from now before playing your game.

Prior to starting your game please ensure that these files have been deleted from your console.
If you have any further issues please let me know.

Regards,
500k VC? What?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.