Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports submitted title update #3 last week for Xbox One and PS4. It's available now for both consoles. Once the patch notes have been revealed later today, we'll post them here.

Based off of early feedback, you can't save rosters to the hard drive and there are still people crashing in MyCareer mode. Da_Czar mentioned offline playbooks are fixed. Let us know what you are seeing.

UPDATE: Patch notes have arrived.

GENERAL
  • Fixed an issue in The Park where matches were not starting appropriately, in addition to a large number of optimizations for this experience.
  • Addressed a number of issues that were known to cause disconnects during head-to-head and Team-Up gameplay.
  • Corrected an issue where an assigned dunk package would sometimes not be used in The Park.
  • Fixed a number of issues that should result in a much more stable experience for users playing in Leagues.
  • Addressed an issue where the user would encounter a lengthy blank black screen during the initial launch sequence in certain conditions.
  • Fixed a bug where user Settings weren’t properly saving in specific situations.
  • Fixed a case where the user would experience a loss of controller functionality despite having a controller turned on (XB1).
  • Fixed a case where the user would enter into an unresponsive state after a second user signed in and then subsequently signed out (XB1).
  • Fixed an issue where the title did not send game invites to all Xbox Party members when a user enters a joinable online matchmaking session (XB1).
  • The title will now receive game invites if the user is already in an Xbox Party with the host (XB1).
  • Addressed an issue where blocked users were allowed to enter matchmaking with each other (XB1).
  • Fixed an issue where the title would shut down when resuming from low-power standby (XB1).
GAMEPLAY
  • Slightly reduced the shot % penalty on fouls in order to create more appropriate ‘and-1’ situations.
  • Tuned shooting percentages such that they fall more in line with our expected results.
  • Addressed an issue where teams would call timeouts back-to-back in certain situations.
  • Fixed an issue where the camera would sometimes stay on the scorer after a made shoot, often resulting in a 5-second inbound violation.
  • Passes are now more accurate along the sideline, on fast breaks, and when passed to receivers who are in the middle of coming to a stop.
  • Shortened the distance receivers are led down court (when passing) during regular transition (non-fast break) offense.
  • Fixed an issue where the rebound button would sometimes be ignored when engaged in a boxout.
  • Made several improvements to the dribbling model in order to smooth out ball movement.
  • Adjusted physics calculations on in-air collisions to make defenders ‘stronger’.
  • Tuned shot blocking logic such that defenders are more aware of attempting blocks when the ball is still rising, and less likely to target the ball on its way down (when goaltending will be called).
  • Tuned down the likelihood that poorly rated blockers will get their blocking hand in perfect position in front of the ball.
  • Players who successfully block a shot are now more aware and will have a greater chance of recovering the loose ball if it falls nears them.
  • Fixed an issue where players who shouldn’t be physically able to body-up in ride collisions were able to do so at a higher than expected frequency.
  • Tuned the body-up system in order to reduce the amount of clipping present in this sequence.
  • Made several improvements to fix overextension of player elbows during steal/rebound opportunities in order to reduce arm pops, and to improve hand/ball interaction.
  • Addressed a very rare case where a defender would snap up from the ground right after getting knocked down.
  • Pump Fakes have been tuned to correct an issue where some players would twitch when performing the fake.
  • Addressed a rare issue where the game would potentially hang after a player fouled out during a Team-Up game.
  • A new and improved ‘Beluba’ camera is now available for your use.
  • Corrected a commentary issue where the commentators would discuss (and often praise) a player for a given statistic when the sample size of the stat does not merit the discussion.
  • A number of other smaller changes have been made to address issues as well as enhance the user experience.
MyCAREER
  • Fixed a hang that was known to occur when loading save files where a purchased accessory had been equipped.
  • Fixed an issue where users would get stuck in the Shooting Drill when they had previous changed their Shooting Type to Real Player %.
  • The in-performance VC earnings overlay will now match what is actually given to the user upon returning to the travel scene between games.
  • Addressed an issue where player names were occasionally not showing up correctly when dynamic goals were handed out.
  • Corrected an issue where the title would not resume following a timeout called shortly after halftime.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur when the game would try to simulate ahead in scrimmages.
  • Fixed an issue where games would be unintentionally simulated when viewing the NBA.com headline about clinching a playoff spot.
  • Corrected a rare issue where the user would be unable to progress past the All-Star break after playing many seasons.
  • Corrected a rare issue where users would not get the VC reward for accomplishing a milestone.
  • Users will no longer get drafted 30th overall after turning in an impressive performance in the Rookie Showcase.
  • Additional ‘fake’ rookies (some quite good) will no longer be generated after the NBA Draft at the outset of the mode.
  • Identified a rare case where the game could hang in the dunk contest at all-star weekend if the user left the controller unattended for a period of time (this fix applies for MyGM all-star dunk contest as well).
  • Addressed discrepancies between dynamic goals and follow-up press conferences, headlines, and social media messages.
  • Fixed an issue where the reporter would reference a stat incorrectly when asking the user a press conference question after a played game.
  • Tuned AI behaviors such that teammates that are unhappy with your MyPLAYER will now show it more often after the whistle.
  • Corrected a very rare issue where a user’s attributes would be lowered to 25 in all categories.
  • Players will now retire completely in later seasons at an appropriate age (rather than sitting in free agency).
  • A number of smaller issues (e.g. social media message cleanup) in addition to further mode tuning have been performed in this patch to enhance user satisfaction.
MyGM
  • Corrected an issue where some users would hang when attempting to start the mode with an edited roster.
  • Addressed a bug where players would ask for contracts in the MLE pricing range when they clearly deserve contracts of much greater worth.
  • Corrected an issue where certain injuries were not properly healing in the expected amount of time.
  • Addressed a display error on the Team Finances pricing graphs where it would display the user’s team as earning $0 in specific situations.
  • Fixed a number of issues pertaining to the hiring and firing of head coaches and assistant coaches. This should now be more reliable.
  • Corrected and optimized a number of owner goals to ensure they always fire at appropriate times (e.g. staff hiring goals will now always respect the available budget) and that they don’t conflict one another.
  • Staff goals will now fire in the offseason even when the user has opted to simulate past the Staff Signing period.
  • There will now always be a minimum level staff member available to sign when the user’s team does not have the budgetary funds available for a higher level staff member.
  • Addressed an issue where players that retired to become coaches would get their name randomized.
  • Corrected a rare hang that would occur when the user’s team suffered an in-game injury where the user later performed an in-game save to resume the game at a later time.
  • When asking the CPU to rebuild lineups, the player roles set by the user will now be respected in most situations.
  • Tuned player morale/player roles logic to be slightly more forgiving.
  • Tuned the height ranges for generational players to be more in-line with our original intentions.
  • A number of other smaller corrections and tunings have taken place to enhance user satisfaction.
NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 VC15AP18 @ 12/19/13 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb4056
per @LD2k when I asked why Co-op wasn't included in patch.

"MyGM was not designed to have co-op this year. We've taken feedback to the team however."

Time to sell/trade this game in for me.
MyGM was not designed to have co-op?

When the game shipped it had co-op myGm and then the first patch got rid of it???

I'm pretty sure thats the definition of design, having it in the game on day 1.

# 62 jeb4056 @ 12/19/13 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keoni4230
What would be so hard about adding a choose sides option to MyGM for co-op. Let player 1 handle all the GM crap as always then before a game starts put 2 or 3 controllers over to play. Been happening for 15 years!!! Wasted my money on this garbage. Stupidest thing I have ever heard. Loser nerds trying to reinvent the wheel. Add your lame *** WWE storylines all you want but why change something so basic???
I agree, it can't be that difficult to add the contoller select screen to allow us to play co-op in myGM. The worst part is that the game shipped with co-op IN myGM, but the first patch took it out lol.

# 63 BA2929 @ 12/19/13 01:44 PM
This thread is getting a little out of hand with all the 2k bashing and name calling. Maybe some of you should sit a few plays out. Cool down. I understand you're frustrated, but come on.

# 64 dpower15 @ 12/19/13 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
Any change with player roles?

Yes, player roles have been greatly improved from the two quick sims I ran

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 65 dman031 @ 12/19/13 01:48 PM
That's wat I wanna know 2

# 66 KyotoCarl @ 12/19/13 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
Im into the Conference finals in "My Career", if I have to delete anything, it will also delete my desire to play this game!
The other day Leftos said that the patch will fix existing saves, but I'm starting to worry that the reason they are being so secretive about the patch notes is because they really are not sure what exactly it will fix, so if it DOESN'T fix MY "My Career" that I spent REAL MONEY ON....well then I'm DONE.

And GOOD @$#%*&@ LUCK EVER GETTING ME TO SPEND ANOTHER DIME ON YOUR BS VC 2K !!!!!!!!
If you've come that far in the game the you haven't had the problems other people have been having. You don't need to delete or reinstall anything.
Only reason to uninstall the game and install again is if you are having crash issues from the get go, not when you don't have any serious problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 67 Steve_OS @ 12/19/13 01:53 PM
Just added patch notes to the OP.

# 68 basehead617 @ 12/19/13 01:58 PM
The 5.1 issue is not an 2K-only issue, it's a hardware thing.. Killzone and several other games have it happen. If you unplug and replug the HDMI it immediately works again.. hardware.

It works fine with Linear PCM.. which most receivers support unless it's super old.

I believe Sony is looking into a firmware/system software update to address it.

# 69 StrongTakeover90 @ 12/19/13 02:00 PM
It says it fixes the overall 25 attribute!! I can't wait until I make it home hopefully the patch is out for PS4!!

# 70 BengeyBoy @ 12/19/13 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveho
That's the spot. I look forward to your result.

Sent from my I897 using Tapatalk 2
Nope exactly the same... finish the interview with jackson ellis, about to go to the rookie showcase... "saving" boots me back to the main menu.. and the file I delete is back in slot 1. ffs what a joke... still unable to play ANY offline game modes apart from quick game. I get booted back to main menu on MyGM too. after auto generating rookies.

# 71 tariqosuave @ 12/19/13 02:01 PM
After looking at the patch notes I want to commend 2k for looking at these posts and trying to tweak the game to make it even better. I can't wait to give it a try later today. However, I think it is very important that they acknowledge a lot of these issues that they have no intention of fixing. It is a very fun game overall... But 2k has to admit they don't care about online. WE didn't get any details about online or leagues before it came out and they are kinda pretending it doesn't exist or that its perfect at this point. If its fixable just say it is... If its not just say its not so that we can move on.

# 72 SuperNova854 @ 12/19/13 02:03 PM
Happy to announce player roles have all been fixed. Almost no one is mad and barely any trades happen now, especially with my roster.

# 73 jeremym480 @ 12/19/13 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just added patch notes to the OP.
If they are really implemented correctly, then there's a ton of good things on that list. Hopefully, I'm be reading actual impressions soon rather than the same complaints over and over again.

Maybe it would be better to have a patch impressions thread about each mode?

# 74 DmangoUnchained @ 12/19/13 02:08 PM
How hilarious would it be if half of the people in this thread complaining about how "THE GAME IS STILL 1000% BROKEN WTF 2K UNACCEPTABLEEEEEE!!!!!!" are PS4 users that didn't read about not getting the patch yet?

# 75 scottyp180 @ 12/19/13 02:08 PM
Playing the role of mr.optimistic here. I know a lot of people are disapointed with the patch and the bugs in the game but lets cut 2k a little slack here. If they could fix all problems with the snap of their fingers they would but its not so simple to figure out the cause of the problem(s) and how to solve these issues. Some of you make it seem like 2k is satisfied with having a buggy game or that it was done intentionally. This is what happens with console release games and its not the only one with bugs. Developers need to have they're product ready for console launches regardless of quality or completeness and because of this they are unable to address alll bugs and issues pre-release. Atleast when it comes to gameplay this is a solid product. Graphics look great, game plays well, and I have only encountered a few in game glitches (the only one that is detrimental is the hanging camera that occassional focuses on the player who scored on the previous play. Hopefully 2k is able to find a way to fix these problems in a timely fashion but until then I will enjoy all the positive aspects of this game, which I feel are more evident than a lot of people are giving credit for.

# 76 LegendarySJ @ 12/19/13 02:09 PM
Not at home to check right now, but the patch notes make me hopeful at least. I haven't been able to play new or existing MyCareer or MyGM saves for the past couple of days, so hopefully that gets fixed. Above all, it at least looks like 2K is trying, which is promising compared to the first couple of weeks when it seemed like our concerns and issues weren't being addressed.

# 77 canucksss @ 12/19/13 02:11 PM
I dont see if the no-substitution glitch is addressed. This happens when:

1. If you're given the goal reduce the lead to 5 pts - you'll not be subbed, no matter if you're in foul trouble or stamina is so low.

2. Playing as a starter and 41 minutes, you'll play THE ENTIRE 2ND HALF.

Please let us know if this was addressed? IF not ...it would be a BIG LETDOWN for me since this issue was already there in 2k13 and CG 2k14.

# 78 BengeyBoy @ 12/19/13 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraz
Same bro.....
Honestly there is nothing we can do? all this Cloud storage becoming a pain more than anything. What about a Factory Reset? I dred doing the install for nba again though, and if its cloud storage my 2k account is linked to my Gamertag? which we cant delete?

# 79 KingCeeze @ 12/19/13 02:22 PM
I still don't have my accessories available to MyPlayer Store. I bought some ankle braces and all the accessories just disappeared

# 80 Greene_Flash03 @ 12/19/13 02:23 PM
Can someone verify if the CPU run plays now in MyCareer?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.