Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports and the NBA Live 14 team released the first title update yesterday. Some users talked about what they saw, as we waited on the details to arrive.

Today, the team has released them.

Quote:
The most important piece that we’re adding is a change to our technology around our LIVE Update system. This is the first step in our plans for NBA LIVE 14. Many of the changes in this update are things you won’t actually see – technology additions that will pave the way for the additions to come. This will allow us to update and add content such as gameplay tuning, new animations, audio and visual assets directly to you as they become available. This applies to cosmetic changes like new uniforms, shoes, accessories and so on, but also allows for ongoing gameplay and graphical improvements.

They have also tuned shooting, both online and offline, so the timing window is a little easier and cut down on the blocked jump shots on the perimeter. For those of you that had crowd audio issues in the BIG Moments, those have been corrected and they tweaked a few other things to make online games smoother. More visual improvements are on the way after the New Year.

Read more here and let us know what you are seeing.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/26/13 12:55 AM
Just noticed EVERY team got the Xmas day jerseys. Very nicely done EA

# 82 shegotgame @ 12/26/13 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatanoGames Network
Hey I joined to vouch that this patch Version 1.03 did indeed change ALOT! I don't expect most to notice some of the changes if they didnt purchase the game like me and other fans. EA didn't mention all the changes because it'll make them look bad. Even on the PS4 the update history saids "Minor Bug Fixes". If someone purchases the game today they would never know the SEVERE faults of the launch build or demo (Which needs a patch ASAP). I only noticed one lil new glitch with defenders feet when in front of ball carrier sometimes, maybe it only occurs on cpu vs cpu.

After EXTENSIVE time with the launch build and this latest version the facts are almost obvious! EA did not want to delay the game again. They probably told the team to prepare a basic gold compressed copy for launch that will be optimized as time passes (Battlefield 4 anyone?). Have the Live season system running, make sure its not broken, put in a few basic animations that are finished to have the game running. This is evident as the game had only a few different animations for different tasks, dunks, shots, etc. Even the cheerleaders would repeat the same routine in every game and arena. After this patch I've noticed countless tweaks and additions. I think THIS would have been the REAL launch patch had the game been finished on time! Which would make a another big update next month realistic! Its almost like Ignite is going to truly be optimized these next few weeks and represent what EA has been boasting (I really hope so). Maybe even Madden & Fifa will improve drastically soon!

During the first few minutes of Live 14's new patch I noticed the game flowed different and had dozens of new animations! These include block attempts, lay ups, dunks, steals, the way the players move around the court to get open and set up a play! Turbo has been tweaked, holding it down is even more unwise now as it'll waste super fast! Its better to time your burst at the right time n bust out! The defense has been improved and it is harder to attack the post, before it was almost automatic. CPU offense rotates the ball better to the open player for a shot! I haven't tried rising star again since patch but I hope this means my player will have some help now and not zombies for teammates lol. Mid range shooting is a factor now! Less blocks! The crowd is reacting much more polished now. Going to instant replay and looking at how they react is fun lol. I even saw new presentation touches to the logos and the way they present them during halftime and post game show. The cheerleaders finally do different routines. Commentary is much improved now, before they would have these awkward long pauses in the middle of their sentence smh lol. Probably my favorite touch happens on the court and is almost hard to see, before players would barely acknowledge each others presence or performance. Now they have great head and eye tracking, in user replay you could see the players rolling their eyes around the court, looking at who they are covering, then back at ball! I even saw Durant smile at another player before getting serious again and focusing on ball, midplay! There was one situation where it looked like someone was disappointed in themselves that their pass went out of bounds! I made a vid of this that i'll upload later today! He put his head down and rolled his eyes, then took a sigh breath before continuing to play. I'm stoked to see whats next for Live 14 and whats in store for Live 15 now that they are back in the market and have shoulders to stand on! A lot of people don't understand this games development period. The game didn't have a 4 year dev period. A lot of that time was planning and they even switched dev teams during that time. Now that the first game is out and can be built off, I expect NBA Live to get better every year now going forward! It takes years to build a proprietary engine, Ignite, then its easy to poop out great new features, sequels and titles faster lol.

This makes me want to play the retail copy. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 83 WTF @ 12/26/13 02:11 PM
Not that it is a big deal or anything, but it looked like the cheerleaders had on Santa type outfits yesterday. I caught a glimpse of it anyway.

# 84 RipCityAndy @ 12/27/13 12:23 AM
I bought it yesterday. Love. It.The Live season mode is so much fun. Very fresh game mode. There are some gameplay mechanics that need work and animation quality is sub par, but worth 60 bucks I think.

# 85 verbalhologram @ 12/27/13 07:19 AM
Yep Live season is great, the only thing I want fixed though is players being labelled Point Guard and not having correct names, they will also often play this generic PG at Centre creating a mismatch which is weird It may be synergy messing up but it really detracts from the realism of the game.
That aside EA have made some good strides with this game recently and im really enjoying it.

# 86 louie dogs @ 12/27/13 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalhologram
Yep Live season is great, the only thing I want fixed though is players being labelled Point Guard and not having correct names, they will also often play this generic PG at Centre creating a mismatch which is weird It may be synergy messing up but it really detracts from the realism of the game.
That aside EA have made some good strides with this game recently and im really enjoying it.
your nick is great, do you ispire from the first name of vinnie paz :-)?

# 87 RipCityAndy @ 12/27/13 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalhologram
Also need to fix ai intelligence on offense. I'm sick of post ups and baseline spins...

# 88 verbalhologram @ 12/28/13 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
your nick is great, do you ispire from the first name of vinnie paz :-)?
Yep for sure mate , long time JMT fan as are you as i can see from your nickname

# 89 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 12/30/13 12:52 PM
WTF, I know you can agree with me on this but they've been patching in small little stuff that helps with the immersion such as diving for loose balls and shots that rattle in. If they can continue to add stuff like that AND update graphics and animations if they can, this game will be one of my favourites and something I think everyone should try. I think because EA laid down the foundation all they have to do is just continue to build on it whether that be for 14 or start building for 15. I think us live fans our gonna be pleased for the next couple years.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 90 bscbears99 @ 12/31/13 08:07 PM
forgive me but a stupid question from an old man (video game wise lol). I am used to the PS3 as far as the free online etc. Do I need to purchase the card to get online to receive the game updates and patches?

# 91 GisherJohn24 @ 01/03/14 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
WTF, I know you can agree with me on this but they've been patching in small little stuff that helps with the immersion such as diving for loose balls and shots that rattle in. If they can continue to add stuff like that AND update graphics and animations if they can, this game will be one of my favourites and something I think everyone should try. I think because EA laid down the foundation all they have to do is just continue to build on it whether that be for 14 or start building for 15. I think us live fans our gonna be pleased for the next couple years.

while I agree with you, they should have had these things running at launch, not patching it months later. It was clearly not ready for the Nov 15th launch. I understand wanting to beat 2k out of the door, but they obviously were running with their heads cut off to beat the launch date... For me, at launch, the game was really bad for me, i wanted to return it and didnt' want to play it anymore. But the tweaks they put in since have made it more enjoyable since.

# 92 The 24th Letter @ 01/03/14 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
while I agree with you, they should have had these things running at launch, not patching it months later. It was clearly not ready for the Nov 15th launch. I understand wanting to beat 2k out of the door, but they obviously were running with their heads cut off to beat the launch date... For me, at launch, the game was really bad for me, i wanted to return it and didnt' want to play it anymore. But the tweaks they put in since have made it more enjoyable since.

Well, at this point we have to accept that they didn’t…I know they should’ve but there’s nothing we can do about it now. I appreciate all the fixes here and there that they are adding. Only thing I would say is that I hope they prioritize. Sure animations are ugly…(Dirk posted me up and proceeded to do a jumping finger roll that was nothing but net) BUT I rather have these (if necessary) than non interactive animations. I am tired of guys coming through the lane and dunking pushing my characters backwards because there is no defensive counter animation for what they are doing. Same with the bigs under the rim. Great stats at the end of the game don’t really mean anything to me TBH, its how we got there…and in some games, I don’t like how we got there….that’s not simulation (to me)

# 93 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 01/03/14 01:07 PM
It's better than no fixes at all because we would be stuck with the same game since launch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.