Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As reports of problems continue to mount with NBA 2K14, some frustrated gamers have been taking their complaints to the retailers they bought the game from with some reportedly finding success in getting refunds for the game.

One such report is from Scott Burress (@ExtremeGamer) who reports that he was able to get a full refund for the game through Amazon.

According to a tweet from Michael Futter of GameInformer (@Futterish), some people are also reporting they are requesting and getting refunds for NBA 2K14 digital purchases.

As you may know, NBA 2K14 has suffered from numerous problems which have made the game unplayable for some. In a recent poll on OS, 91% of people responded in saying they have had issues with the game -- with 68% saying the problems will impact their buying decision of NBA 2K next season.

Let us know if you have received a refund or any compensation from 2K and also be sure to keep an eye on the NBA 2K forums for the latest on the game's status.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 BravesBoy @ 01/11/14 11:26 AM
I agree with a lot of you guys. i've yet to have a game make it to halftime before ps4 crashes down or there is a server problem. But its a fun game and i know "if" big if they can fix the issues than it'll be worth it. Tough to take it back..theres huge potential. But it is weird to me that Ronnie 2k is constantly playing the game online through thepark and he seems to have minimal problems. Hes always on twitter posting his play. Or even Smoove with his my career, they seem to have hardly any issues...smh. makes me wonder

# 122 brarstar @ 01/11/14 01:11 PM
I talked to MS support via live chat and explained the situation. They escalated it for me and 2 days later I recieved an email saying they have refunded my account the full amount.

# 123 GisherJohn24 @ 01/12/14 02:13 AM
No way is anyone accepting full refund for this game. Battlefield 3 has more issues than nba 2k does and you can't get refunds for that. I'm not denying the server issues, but the game itself is amazing, and truly the only next gen game I've played since launch. I'll never trade this game in.

# 124 wowlace @ 01/12/14 02:42 AM
If you are referring to BF4. No it isn't on the same plane as 2K14. Dice have actually patched in some fixes to their game unlike 2K. BF4 is much more playable.

I picked up both these titles only at launch. I've put waaaay more hours into BF4 because it works mostly unlike 2K14.

# 125 Smirkin Dirk @ 01/12/14 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowlace
If you are referring to BF4. No it isn't on the same plane as 2K14. Dice have actually patched in some fixes to their game unlike 2K. BF4 is much more playable.

I picked up both these titles only at launch. I've put waaaay more hours into BF4 because it works mostly unlike 2K14.

BF4 still has lots of issues. But unlike NBA I can play it.

These are my 2 fave series and Ive been shattered by these past 2 months.

# 126 23 @ 01/12/14 03:08 AM
You can play both but bf4 had so issues kept crashing and looping campaigns I passed to the beginning over and again. That was unplayable

Galaxy Note 2

# 127 GisherJohn24 @ 01/12/14 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowlace

I'm sorry people are having trouble with this game. Guess im the minority . I only play offline exhibition and bkacktop with my friends . For me, I'm getting my moneys worth. I wasn't expecting a big selection of modes and stuff for a launch title. Anyone remember NBA live 06 and madden 06 on the 360 launch? Look at the options they had, practically zero. Launch games for new consoles are usually stripped down of their older brothers

# 128 poloelite @ 01/12/14 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'm sorry people are having trouble with this game. Guess im the minority . I only play offline exhibition and bkacktop with my friends . For me, I'm getting my moneys worth. I wasn't expecting a big selection of modes and stuff for a launch title. Anyone remember NBA live 06 and madden 06 on the 360 launch? Look at the options they had, practically zero. Launch games for new consoles are usually stripped down of their older brothers
The main issue people are having is that the save files go to the Cloud by 2k's design and when you go to access them now the game crashes. Even worst is if you create a new one, it still crashes. That is a broken game.

# 129 xCeeTee @ 01/12/14 03:05 PM
A buddy of mine lost his 2K13's online data randomly one day and he had spent a lot of money on VC! I would of been pissed, that's why I won't spend money on it, but since I got it I haven't seen many major flaws? Except for the Rookie Showdown which is the biggest piece of crap I've ever played in

# 130 Wildcatsj25 @ 01/12/14 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You can play both but bf4 had so issues kept crashing and looping campaigns I passed to the beginning over and again. That was unplayable

Galaxy Note 2
Some people may be able to play both, I can't even play half of a quick game without crashing to the home screen. Thats unacceptable

# 131 23 @ 01/12/14 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsj25
Some people may be able to play both, I can't even play half of a quick game without crashing to the home screen. Thats unacceptable

I've never had that happen to me and I think this is the first time I've seen that said.

I see people complaining about online stuff like they hate quick games as if it's not important

Galaxy Note 2

# 132 Wildcatsj25 @ 01/12/14 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I've never had that happen to me and I think this is the first time I've seen that said.

I see people complaining about online stuff like they hate quick games as if it's not important

Galaxy Note 2
For me at least I cannot play MYGM or MyCareer due to freezing and crashing to the home screen. All I can do is play a quarter or 2 of quick games and then it crashes as well. I basically have a game that is unplayable.

# 133 23 @ 01/12/14 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsj25
For me at least I cannot play MYGM or MyCareer due to freezing and crashing to the home screen. All I can do is play a quarter or 2 of quick games and then it crashes as well. I basically have a game that is unplayable.

That's crazy and I hate to say it but all of this online integration is not necessary.

Galaxy Note 2

# 134 BravesBoy @ 01/13/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Galaxy Note 2
Ive had it for over a week and ive yet to play more than 2 quarters. And half the time i can t even pic a team in the quick gm menu vs. the cpu before im kicked out or it crashes the ps4. I haven't even been able to try online, or my player at all..So frustrating

# 135 RangersCruz @ 01/13/14 05:39 PM
People still buying VC and not receiving it but Ronnie2k is refunding them more then they bought

# 136 23 @ 01/13/14 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Ive had it for over a week and ive yet to play more than 2 quarters. And half the time i can t even pic a team in the quick gm menu vs. the cpu before im kicked out or it crashes the ps4. I haven't even been able to try online, or my player at all..So frustrating

I'm just talking regular quick games bot mygm

Galaxy Note 2

# 137 BravesBoy @ 01/13/14 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'm just talking regular quick games bot mygm

Galaxy Note 2
Thats what im talking about, just a regular quick game. Cant even make it to half time..almost wondering if i got a bad disc. Not reading this amount of problems from other people

# 138 23 @ 01/13/14 07:48 PM
Yeah I have no idea that's all I play and with no issues.

Galaxy Note 2

# 139 Mauer4MVP @ 01/13/14 09:48 PM
Well I've had it with 2k. Third time my files have gotten screwed up and now get kicked to X1 dashboard. I'm not restoring default settings again.

I was planning on trading it in, but after looking at Best Buy's value ($18) it isn't worth it. I don't have my receipt so a refund from Game Stop is improbable.

But seriously, screw you 2k...

# 140 GisherJohn24 @ 01/13/14 11:40 PM
I did a fantasy draft for my gm season and never had problems

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.