Home
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 News Post

The latest issue of Famitsu magazine has confirmed that Konami will be releasing Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 in Japan on March 20, 2014 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable.

A PlayStation 4 version was not mentioned, which is surprising, given that Konami's soccer franchise, Pro Evolution Soccer, will appear on PlayStation 4 this fall.

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 will include twice as many commentary lines as last year's game, plus it has re-recorded many of the game's sound effects by capturing audio directly from Nippon Professional Baseball stadiums.

Famitsu's preview also mentions a new "guess the pitch" feature, which increases the likelihood of a powerful hit if the batter correctly predicts the incoming pitch's location.

Pricing for the three versions was also revealed:

PS3: 7600 yen/$73 (retail), 7100 yen/$68 (digital download)
Vita: 6650 yen/$64 (retail), 6150 yen/$59 (digital download)
PSP: 3790 yen/$36 (retail), 3290 yen/$31 (digital download)

Konami's baseball games have traditionally been region-free, meaning the retail version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 should play on American consoles without any modifications. Preorders have not yet gone live, but expect import shops like Play-Asia and NCSX to start accepting orders in the coming weeks.

Downloading the digital version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 will require a Japanese PlayStation Network account.

Game: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Will I Am @ 03/08/14 12:01 PM
Thought i'd post the two videos for pys14 in case anyone hasn't seen them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymw59...qjC-vLYA5_n4LQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igm9XeciZzo

# 22 BengalTiger @ 03/09/14 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Thought i'd post the two videos for pys14 in case anyone hasn't seen them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymw59...qjC-vLYA5_n4LQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igm9XeciZzo
Here's another with some players from the Lions playing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrpi0F5C3tQ

# 23 ckarlic @ 03/10/14 01:32 PM
Have PYS 2013 for the vita but am really debating whether to get PYS 2014 for both the PS3 and the Vita. Will decide in the near future.

Update: Well, decided to go ahead and preorder both the PS3 and PSvita version of PYS 2014. Been having a great time with PYS13 so I decided to pull the trigger. Chose UPS shipping ($26) to get the game shortly after release . Should hold me off until the Show drops for the PS4.

# 24 Spear @ 03/10/14 06:03 PM
What's the best site to pre-order from for UK delivery?

# 25 Spear @ 03/10/14 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Did you try Play Asia?

Yeah saw it and the other site in the first post. Was wondering if anybody had experience though.

I ordered once through eBay which was really quick and another through amazon that took forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 26 ckarlic @ 03/10/14 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Yeah saw it and the other site in the first post. Was wondering if anybody had experience though.

I ordered once through eBay which was really quick and another through amazon that took forever.

I ordered through play-Asia a few times now and never had a bad experience. If the product is available and you choose the fastest shipping, you should get the game in about a weeks time. At least that was my experience.

# 27 jyoung @ 03/10/14 07:42 PM
I can't speak for U.K. deliveries, but for items coming to America, Play-Asia is fast as long as the product you're ordering is in stock and you choose the Fed-Ex shipping option. Last time I bought something from them, it arrived within 2 or 3 days.

If you purchase something that's not in stock, however, you could be waiting a while for them to back-order it before it even ships out to you.

Make sure the item box says "Ships within 24 hours" and not "Ships within a week." The latter message indicates that the item is on back-order.

# 28 jyoung @ 03/13/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
Why is this coming out on PSP? I didnt know they still made games for it since the Vita is out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTiger
Well it is a Japanese game and I would guess there are still a lot of PSP owners there. Just a guess though.
As of 2008, there were 11 million PSP owners in Japan.

Portable systems in general have historically sold very well in that region, though the Vita hasn't really caught on yet like many thought it would.

# 29 ckarlic @ 03/14/14 11:06 AM
Just curious to hear from those who preordered from play asia. What does the status of your order say? Mine say preorder/backorder and should ship on or before March 20th 2014. Im assuming that is normal for preorders. Not sure though.

# 30 mikelecrenski @ 03/14/14 11:35 AM
My Vita order says Preorder/Backorder as well. So no big deal.

# 31 Will I Am @ 03/14/14 11:52 AM

# 32 Spirits Translation @ 03/14/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Just curious to hear from those who preordered from play asia. What does the status of your order say? Mine say preorder/backorder and should ship on or before March 20th 2014. Im assuming that is normal for preorders. Not sure though.
You should be fine with the ship date specifying March 20, the "backorder" part just means they don't have stock now.

# 33 C.J.S. @ 03/15/14 01:59 AM
I so want this!!

There is a company in NY that gets Asian games?
I ordered there last year and can't remember there website..
Anyone know it?

# 34 Will I Am @ 03/15/14 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
I so want this!!

Anyone know it?
http://www.shopncsx.com/proyakyuspirits2014ps3-jpn.aspx

# 35 Spirits Translation @ 03/15/14 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
I so want this!!

Anyone know it?
Not sure if you heard but for the first time you can DL it via PSN this year.

# 36 Spear @ 03/15/14 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
Not sure if you heard but for the first time you can DL it via PSN this year.
Through the US PSN store?

# 37 esdot404 @ 03/15/14 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Through the US PSN store?
No, not through US PSN store...from what I read, I believe it is only available through the Japanese PSN and account. There are tutorial videos on how to create one...

# 38 Spear @ 03/16/14 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Might cost you more than the listed price for the game too. I think you have to buy yen cards in certain denominations. Might have some left over after the download purchase. 2-3 day USPS only costs 6 bucks on top of the $73 dollar tag on the game if you get it out of NYC.

Yeah didn't think it would be worth it to buy through the Japan PSN store. But Spirits said in the post above mine "the first year it's available digitally" and I thought he meant the US because I could have swore I heard people downloading it from the Japan PSN store last year.

# 39 EmbraceTheSystem @ 03/20/14 07:59 AM
Can't wait to hear some impressions from you guys (especially the Vita version please fellas!). I was going to stick to 13 but think it's only a matter of time until i bite on 14.

# 40 PES3Paul @ 03/20/14 09:08 AM
Yay! My Vita copy shipped today; just got the confirmation email from Play-Asia and it should arrive...tomorrow!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.