Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

While reading poloelite's latest blog and checking Twitter mentions, I wanted to gauge the community on any recent and/or lingering issues they have been having with NBA 2K14 on Xbox One and PS4. 2K Sports should communicate these sorts of issues a lot better than what they have been doing on social media and other venues. Communication is key here, customers are feeling ignored.

Please list the console you are having the issue on and explain in detail what isn't working correctly. I'm not talking about a gameplay bug or issue, I'm specifically talking about blue screen CE errors, being kicked back to the dashboard/main menu, not being able to load up certain modes or corrupted game saves.

I want to get as much feedback as I can here and forward it to the right people. Based off the mentions of many 2K Twitter accounts, it's safe to say a lot of people aren't happy with the support they are receiving.

I'm also going to tweet this out, get feedback and update this post as necessary. Below are just some of the recent tweets I've received.
  • MyCareer keep sending me back to the dashboard on Xbox One. @RobRodgers__
  • XB1, MyCareer and MyGm, still getting kicked back to menu when I try to load. @nolanrabine2
  • I've had myplayer save crashes in the last 48 hrs. After rookie showcase it says the file is corrupted. @el_suavacado
  • XB1, MyCareer and MyGm can't play. Sends me to main menu..And ThePark sometimes won't load up. @BeastNinja11
  • mycareer game crashes always at the same point, after eastern conference final game 7. I'm tired, sold the game yday. XB1 @Serchenko9
  • XBOne, myGM+seasons - you CAN start and play,but the next time you load you're getting to the xb-homescreen @stipeNBG
  • X1, haven't been able to make a new MyGM or season without it kicking me to the main menu and deleting my saves. Bout 3 weeks now @calvins0ne
  • Since November on X1, that Online league literally last a day to mere hours. Started up a 28 user lg..handful of games played..2 hrs later dead. @MistaWelcome
  • can't play my player, game loads up than boots me directly back to X1 dashboard. All that time wasted @kidyungn
  • PS4. MyGM mode. Can't alter the details of a contract offer to a free agent. Stuck with the offer that appears. @DavidLSwan
  • PS4, freezes at menu before entering any mode, freeze during exhibition gms offline & still cant start mycareer due to server error @bubbacroft8
  • X1, I basically have a game that doesn't work. start a MYGM or MyPlayer it wont save & kicks u to home screen, can only do quick match @MikeyMike329
  • PS4, yep, mycareer throws me out b4 you go 2 showcase gm & regular gms freeze anywhere from intro to 3rd quarter. yes, tried reinstall @bubbacroft8
  • everytime i play my gm its sims like 2 weeks comes up says saving and boots me to main menu #XboxOne @drewbie_22
  • Xbox 1 can't play MyGM or MyCareer without it kicking me back to the main menu @ChicagoLarry23
  • On X1 digital download I can't even get the game to play 9 out of 10 times. I just get a blank black screen. @AdamMTrujillo
  • PS4, after i play the first game in the second season. After the press conference it freezes loading back to the mycareer menu @aksports11
  • everytime I go to my career to load my save and quit game it crashes to the Xbox home. Over 2 weeks can't play park or my career @J_NYK_914
  • XB1, MyCareer and MyGM get kicked to main menu every time..been like this for over 3 weeks,haven't heard squat from @2KSupport @DTAN33
  • XB1, my gm and my player kick me out to the main screen without even entering a bball game, lost saves and won't saves. @ajworthen
  • mycareer kick back for past 3 days. no fix in sight. xbox1. my favorite game and for 2nd time in 2 months it's rendered useless @PartyPokered
  • PS4, I've had myplayer save crashes in the last 48 hrs. After rookie showcase it says the file is corrupted @el_suavacado
  • For 2 weeks on X1, I can't play MyGm or MyCareer and also MyTeam won't load the player avatars on the cards @Fonzi93
Written by: Steve Noah

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 threatlockz @ 01/20/14 09:41 AM
I'm on the verge of buying this game for PS4, but reading all bad issues makes me hesitate. Should I just skip it this year and continue playing the X360 version?

# 62 RangersCruz @ 01/20/14 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threatlockz
I'm on the verge of buying this game for PS4, but reading all bad issues makes me hesitate. Should I just skip it this year and continue playing the X360 version?
Until patch 4 comes out and come on here and see what people say if it fixes the game or not

# 63 keshunleon @ 01/20/14 11:22 AM
Quote:
It depend on what you like.

2K took a lot of the features I liked; CAP, using others great offline rosters, association, shoes, etc...

I got it on the PS4 and I enjoy the gameplay but I only play offline quick games. I rarely play online quick games but I play team up (which I can't play now with 2K servers).

If you have online all the time you may have no problem.

# 64 WB1214 @ 01/20/14 01:48 PM
Well after a few weeks of no problems, I'm now getting the CE-34878-0 error message whenever I start the game. Digital copy. Can't even get to the screen. Guess this is a dashboard kick. PS4. Just started today.

# 65 birthday_massacre @ 01/20/14 02:29 PM
Quote:
I am just playing season mode on Xb1and I play the out of the box version of the game.

I just unplug the wifi when ever I pop in the game, so I have never DL'd any patches and I play offline. I never get booted to the home screen.

# 66 jdareal21 @ 01/20/14 03:32 PM
XB1: In addition to mycareer kicking me back to the home screen, BEFORE that happened, it appears as though my season got simulated somehow.

I'm not sure if that's just part of the scripted nature of the mode or not, for anyone that was able to get through it somewhat, you know there's a ton of scripted things that happen. But I was only in January.

My last save, I was heading to a game, I start it up today, and it goes straight to some cutscene about another agent trying to lure me away. Then it goes to a one on one game against Ellis on the rooftop (apparently I was awarded Rookie of the Year?) after I won that game, it shows another cutscene where my player is sitting on the couch (playing a videogame ironically), and it says "simulating offseason" near the lower right side of the screen, at which point it crashes back to the dashboard without fail. Very confusing, and even more frustrating....

# 67 Zab @ 01/20/14 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
XB1: In addition to mycareer kicking me back to the home screen, BEFORE that happened, it appears as though my season got simulated somehow.

I'm not sure if that's just part of the scripted nature of the mode or not, for anyone that was able to get through it somewhat, you know there's a ton of scripted things that happen. But I was only in January.

My last save, I was heading to a game, I start it up today, and it goes straight to some cutscene about another agent trying to lure me away. Then it goes to a one on one game against Ellis on the rooftop (apparently I was awarded Rookie of the Year?) after I won that game, it shows another cutscene where my player is sitting on the couch (playing a videogame ironically), and it says "simulating offseason" near the lower right side of the screen, at which point it crashes back to the dashboard without fail. Very confusing, and even more frustrating....
Yeah, your game skipped ahead. You're not supposed to face Ellis until the end of the season.

I posted this in the bug thread, but thought it might be useful to some as a heads-up:

If anyone gets the team scrimmage freeze bug, don't close the game. Dick around some with the OS options available to you (the PS button and Share function). When you return to the game, it should continue as normal. Not sure if it's a solution for everyone, but it worked for me.

# 68 khollenbeck @ 01/20/14 06:11 PM
I am also having this problem.

XB1, MyCareer and MyGm can't play. Sends me to main menu..And ThePark sometimes won't load up.

I have contacted 2k about this and still no resolution. What a waste of 60 dollars as this makes this game unplayable.

# 69 jr2424 @ 01/20/14 08:48 PM
PS4, when I click on My Player the screen displays "starring xxxxxxxxxxx" instead of my name. Then I get kicked back to the dashboard. My GM also kicks me back to the dashboard. Both times I get the "CE error". This started about a week ago.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

# 70 Hadlowe @ 01/21/14 09:52 AM
MyCareer and MyGM go back to main menu. Any deleted saves reappear and are unplayable.

I submitted a ticket on December 6th and had it closed twice as resolved. I spent over three hours on hold with 2k's customer "service" over the holidays only to have them tell me "we'll take a look at the problem." This has been some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

If I buy 2k15, I will do so second hand. I hope to God that EA gets their crap together and makes a competitive NBA Live product.

# 71 YELLABOY5001 @ 01/21/14 11:58 AM
When i tried to go to my career my name said **********************. I spent over 80 dollars on VC getting my player attributes and buying clothes. I delete all my saves and reinstalled but now I have to start over. 2k needs to refund me my money.

# 72 timmy1372 @ 01/21/14 04:12 PM
XB1

MyCareer - Crashes every time the game I'm in finishes for about a month now. Crashes to main menu

MyGM - LITERALLY haven't been able to play a single game whatsoever . Crashes to menu every single time . Can't even attempt to start another GM without crashing to menu .

HELP

# 73 timmy1372 @ 01/21/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy1372
XB1

MyCareer - Crashes every time the game I'm in finishes for about a month now. Crashes to main menu

MyGM - LITERALLY haven't been able to play a single game whatsoever . Crashes to menu every single time . Can't even attempt to start another GM without crashing to menu .

HELP
Gamertag Timmy1372

# 74 thomasg2488 @ 01/21/14 09:07 PM
And this is why I traded it in and the reason I'm not getting it again until everything in at least MyCareer and My GM is fixed. Online doesn't bother me as far as the Park, but I had files that wouldn't load and lost a ton of VC I purchased for that player since I can't grind every day and am wary to even think about trying it again until this is fixed, especially since you can only buy VC if MyCareer is online. Guess I should just grind it out but 2k dropped the ball (pun intended).

If this is the case, bring on MLB 14 The Show please.

# 75 thomasg2488 @ 01/21/14 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasg2488
And this is why I traded it in and the reason I'm not getting it again until everything in at least MyCareer and My GM is fixed. Online doesn't bother me as far as the Park, but I had files that wouldn't load and lost a ton of VC I purchased for that player since I can't grind every day and am wary to even think about trying it again until this is fixed, especially since you can only buy VC if MyCareer is online. Guess I should just grind it out but 2k dropped the ball (pun intended).

If this is the case, bring on MLB 14 The Show please.
And it's on XB1 BTW.

# 76 kkkkkkkkk12 @ 01/21/14 10:10 PM
I have curiosity why your doest have a network problem in game?I even never played a complete online game

# 77 Ritch211 @ 01/23/14 11:31 AM
PS4
Was able to play this game for the first two weeks (since launch), then they released an update to the game, and since then, it hasn't worked to even let me play a game of any kind without either getting held up in a loading screen or crashing prior to the menu. Initializing worked until they released another update, then the game went back to not being playable (or even to let me get to the menu).
I have installed this game probably 40 times now. Currently, the game will let me use all the modes, except it either hangs in a loading screen when trying to go into the actual gameplay, or crashes with the ps4 CE-... error. Only way this game plays fine for me is if I reinstall it and don't let it install any updates. Which is a ridiculous work around. Basically I have had two good weeks with this game and those were when I got the PS4 on launch day.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.