Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

While we wait on official word for the MLB 14 The Show release date, one has to wonder if the PS3 and PS4 versions will ship on the same day or not.

Looking back at MLB 07 The Show, the PS2 version shipped on February 26th, while the PS3 version didn't ship until May 15th.

I sent a note to Russell, but I'm not sure if he is allowed to elaborate on it. But he did have this to say yesterday.

Quote:
There's no conspiracy or grand design, everything is going according to our schedule for this year. There won't be any less information about the game than there was last year. The schedule is different this year that's all, nothing more nothing less.

Either way, it's fun to speculate, since we haven't seen anything new recently. Last year, we received the fact sheet on January 14th. We also saw some gameplay from CES last year at around this time, but it wasn't on display this year. Just taking a peek at our MLB 13 The Show page, we saw a few Developer Journals with hands-on impressions at the end of January.

Let's hope we see or hear something soon.

Written by: Steve Noah

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 nemesis04 @ 01/30/14 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I have a feeling if Sony announces a late release date of say "May.6, 2014" for PS4 version then the only thing that may keep a lot of us here from jumping off bridges is if the info, screenshots and video they release leading up to release simply blows everyone away!
My ps3 is in the ready position for the Show! No bridge jumping for me.

# 142 tnixen @ 01/30/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
My ps3 is in the ready position for the Show! No bridge jumping for me.
Unfortunately I sold both my PS3's last August before the price started dropping because of the PS4 release. I knew at the time I was going to really miss playing MLB the show a lot but I really wanted to get the extra money.

At least I can watch all the great MLB 14 The Show videos people will be uploading to youtube while I wait for the PS4 version.

# 143 nemesis04 @ 01/30/14 11:20 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately I sold both my PS3's last August before the price started dropping because of the PS4 release. I knew at the time I was going to really miss playing MLB the show a lot but I really wanted to get the extra money.

At least I can watch all the great MLB 14 The Show videos people will be uploading to youtube while I wait for the PS4 version.
I have such a backlog of games to play on the PS3, it was never in jeopardy of leaving, lol.

# 144 Heroesandvillains @ 01/30/14 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Some are just getting a little impatient....

Quote:
I have a feeling if Sony announces a late release date of say "May.6, 2014" for PS4 version then the only thing that may keep a lot of us here from jumping off bridges is if the info, screenshots and video they release leading up to release simply blows everyone away!

Seriously MLB The Show is like a drug for some people. It's just so damm good and addicting!
I think these posts can help remedy each other!

Dear impatient and or suicidal OS'ers bummed about the lack of news regarding MLB The Show.

Meet Dean. He is a character on a quite superb little show called Supernatural. For my money, Jensen Ackles - the actor portraying him - has the best comedic timing in all of cable, I repeat CABLE, TV.

Consider catching up on the series while waiting. This will allow you to avoid things like nasty little bridges and such.

Signed,

The OS'er who's bound to receive impatient hate responses about the quality of the actor and or show on a one time OT post.

Ahh.. The interwebs.

# 145 thiel82 @ 02/01/14 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Sure, but are they expecting almost 3 months in between, like 07? It's something to think about.

I was thinking regular release for PS3, early March. But for PS4, I was thinking a little after opening day.
Is it wrong to think that SCE should have had easy enough access to the new technology to get this out on time? I mean, EA had two sports games at launch...and both of those were around their midway point of the relevency cycle.

Vita will get me through (bought both PS3 & PSV the last couple of years. Vita gets infinitely more play for me), but I'll be bummed if the PS4 version isn't out until May or June. MLB 14 is actually the only real reason I'm currently interested in grabbing a PS4.

# 146 hunterdawgs10 @ 02/01/14 10:22 PM
For what it is worth I preordered The Show 14 for PS4 and the guy said it was being released April 1st.

# 147 Teigh Cubs Teigh @ 02/02/14 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10
For what it is worth I preordered The Show 14 for PS4 and the guy said it was being released April 1st.
It's probably not worth much. It's a placeholder until something official is announced.

The thing is, I doubt that is shows up as "Placeholder" in most store's computer systems. And since most people don't follow the release dates as closely as we do they assume that it is the actual date when that's what their computer shows. It could be an accurate date, but we won't know for at least a little while longer until something official is announced.

# 148 nemesis04 @ 02/02/14 05:52 AM
It would be quite amusing if the game actually drops on April 1st. I think I have heard the word placeholder at least 500 times already.

# 149 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/02/14 07:20 AM
It's Feb 2nd. I think it is a pretty safe assumption that neither version is coming out the first week in March. I never remember any game coming out less than a month after a realease date is given.

# 150 BSUFAN @ 02/02/14 07:25 AM

# 151 CubFan23 @ 02/02/14 07:55 PM
If the PS3 version drops before the PS4 one do you think they will hold off showing the PS4 like EA did with Madden? I know there were a few snippets of Next Gen Madden out but not as much as the old gen.

# 152 dunner2130 @ 02/03/14 10:52 PM
At gamestop it says release date 4-1-2014 not sure if that's new or old but just saw that now

# 153 kehlis @ 02/03/14 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner2130
At gamestop it says release date 4-1-2014 not sure if that's new or old but just saw that now
Hadn't seen that yet.

There we have it!

# 154 dunner2130 @ 02/03/14 11:16 PM
Is that sarcasm lol

# 155 kehlis @ 02/03/14 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It would be quite amusing if the game actually drops on April 1st. I think I have heard the word placeholder at least 500 times already.

Ha, knowing how fate works it probably will, and then all these people that keep pointing out the Gamestop date will come and say they were RIGHT when it actually wasn't the case at all.

Always seems to work out that way!

# 156 kehlis @ 02/03/14 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner2130
Is that sarcasm lol
Yes.

Just a few posts above your the same thing was posted, and it's been posted over and over.

# 157 KingTuT was a Cubs fan @ 02/03/14 11:27 PM

# 158 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/04/14 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTuT was a Cubs fan
That guy makes a great point. It should be out by the time the Twins play their opening day game. Inexcusable.

# 159 jvalverde88 @ 02/04/14 01:45 AM
I don't mind a April 1st release date, the Mets season is usually over by then.

# 160 Sip_16 @ 02/04/14 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
That guy makes a great point. It should be out by the time the Twins play their opening day game. Inexcusable.
inexusable? entitled much? The show is my favorite game to play but do i feel they have to have it out by opening day? no, new system starting from scratch essentially....Yeah itll suck if its out later than it usually is but coming from SCEA who has made the show the best sports game for how many years in a row deserves some lee way...once its out ppl arent gonna complain when it came out...inexcusable what a joke lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.