Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released patch number four for NBA 2K14 this afternoon for Xbox One users. No timetable on when PS4 users will get the patch, but 2K says it is coming 'soon'.

Here are the notes:

• Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
  • Addressed an issue with Friend invites that was preventing some users from entering into Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
  • Corrected a case where the game would exit out after the first change of possession during the Rising Stars challenge in MyCAREER mode.
  • Improved performance in The Park by fixing a number of hitches that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally exit out shortly after boot when there was a large number of content update notifications queued up.
  • Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases.
NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

How is the patch working for you? Give us your impressions in the comments!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Csquared @ 01/23/14 07:01 PM
Now let's see what this patch breaks! Haha

# 2 knick9mm @ 01/23/14 07:02 PM
I wonder if players are still losing their headbands in MyGM

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 3 m1ke_nyc @ 01/23/14 07:02 PM
No on court gameplay fixes. So pretty much what the game is now is whats its gonna be.

# 4 KyotoCarl @ 01/23/14 07:03 PM
Seems they didn't fix the broken auto playcalling system in MC... That sucks.

# 5 canucksss @ 01/23/14 07:11 PM
NO FREE AGENCY after 5 years breaks the MC. Your salary, according to those who posted in mc thread, is 0. So this is not address in patch 4....score: 0.

# 6 Rebel_INS @ 01/23/14 07:15 PM
That's it?? really??

# 7 Da-Man @ 01/23/14 07:22 PM
Does any one know if the patch added the new jerseys alternates?

# 8 kdurantmvp @ 01/23/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
NO FREE AGENCY after 5 years breaks the MC. Your salary, according to those who posted in mc thread, is 0. So this is not address in patch 4....score: 0.

I don't understand how they didn't put in free agency

# 9 Tomba @ 01/23/14 07:26 PM
Im completely disappointed and angered by this patch.

Operational fixes ONLY?

There are major cosmetic issues with players faces being off, player player model arms being to skinny we can no longer fix and there were SUPPOSED to be hard drive saving of rosters and game settings!

I think its RIDICULOUS that 2kSports was asking for our ip address information in order to have connectivity issues fixed thats blasphemous only to have us WAIT on both platforms for just GENERAL operational fixes?

STILL no court updates STILL no added shoes or jerseys.

This game came out late Nov and JUST now had these operational fixes?

Sorry if I didn't write eloquently during my "impressions" but this is just flat out frustrating.

They owed us something SPECIAL something EXTRA with THIS patch not just "Oh you guys can go off and play regular now" "

This whole my player mode stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

2k should just make TWO separate games. a my player coin happy park and rec playing game and then an NBA game complete with proper association and creation of players.

THEYVE made a mess out of what was ONCE an amazing sports title. THEY underestimated what we wanted....

# 10 asu666 @ 01/23/14 07:33 PM
"THEYVE made a mess out of what was ONCE an amazing sports title."

I couldn't agree more. The patch is too late for me. Like the article about moving on from NBA Live 14 to concentrate on putting something out worth playing next year, 2K needs to do the exact same thing. 2K14 is a game that's going down as having huge potential wasted by horrible design and execution.

# 11 baconspaceman @ 01/23/14 07:36 PM
If teamup works im happy

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

# 12 EarvGotti @ 01/23/14 07:38 PM
What happened to input lag online or ANYTHING online for that matter? Is this a sick joke?

# 13 MidasTouch @ 01/23/14 07:40 PM
So they've not fixed Free Agency?

# 14 LorenzoDC @ 01/23/14 07:42 PM
Quote:
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
So, I was hit by both these issues.

First, I got the playoff bug and got stuck. I played some coaching scrimmages with my roster for a while, and then I did a reset of my Xbox to help with problems I had with another game loading.

Then, after I did that, all of my game saves were still available to me in 2k14 except the big one I had put maybe 75 hours in that was stuck with the playoff bug. It didn't come up as corrupted, it just wasn't there among my saves at all. So that what the first bullet point was about for me: I was unable to load or play a game save.

I've installed the patch. I still can't find that game save, the one I basically put all my time into. So I have no idea if the playoff glitch is fixed.

# 15 JAEViBE @ 01/23/14 07:43 PM
No game play fixes???
Wow.....

So I guess we're stuck with this broken product, or will they bless us with fifth sub par patch?

# 16 DJ_Solis @ 01/23/14 08:03 PM
Nothing about auto play calls being broken? I'm about to send LD and Ronnie all my hate mail if this **** still doesn't work lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 17 tariqosuave @ 01/23/14 08:04 PM
I think as gamers we have become spoiled. People make so many complaints about stuff like headbands... Fix the shoes! and stuff like that. Its still a great game its just broken. I think 2k is spoiled with their fanbase. The reality is they haven't done anything to fix lag or make online play a better experience since 07. They aren't going to do it. You have never seen anyone from that camp say that they would. input lag is just what it is. Leagues and Associations have never actually worked. This is exactly how Madden became madden.

# 18 mlb08 @ 01/23/14 08:05 PM
Still crashes. No fix.

# 19 banks2531 @ 01/23/14 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
What happened to input lag online or ANYTHING online for that matter? Is this a sick joke?
Exactly, that was the only fix i was hoping for. Online play is virtually unplayable, just as bad as nba live.

# 20 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 01/23/14 08:17 PM
"Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases."

Not fixed.

I hate to be one of those people who threaten not to purchase 2K15 because I know how I am, I'll prolly buy into the hype. But damn, they are testing me. I guess I'll give them this year being their first on the next-gen, buy 2K15 and make that the true make or break. I just wanna wear Nikes.

« Previous1234567891516Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.