Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released patch number four for NBA 2K14 this afternoon for Xbox One users. No timetable on when PS4 users will get the patch, but 2K says it is coming 'soon'.

Here are the notes:

• Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
  • Addressed an issue with Friend invites that was preventing some users from entering into Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
  • Corrected a case where the game would exit out after the first change of possession during the Rising Stars challenge in MyCAREER mode.
  • Improved performance in The Park by fixing a number of hitches that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally exit out shortly after boot when there was a large number of content update notifications queued up.
  • Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases.
NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

How is the patch working for you? Give us your impressions in the comments!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 theman824 @ 02/12/14 03:04 PM
Servers down again.
Server disappearing seemed to have f&cked up the trade i was just making!

Was using some convincing attributes to get the other GM to accept the trade and then it realized the servers were down and kicked my to the main screen. When i went back into MyGM i was stuck at the finalization of the trade screen, but it wasn't showing on the right what i wanted to trade.
Now the wrong trade went down. This is f&cked up!

Sent by iPad using Tapatalk

# 282 23 @ 02/12/14 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Same here Dre...nothing. Can't even go into my season mode.

I meant I dont play online

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman824
Sorry if this has been discussed before:
Since patch 4 opposing pgs seem to get to the rim at will.
I can't seem to stay in front. Its crazy. Can anyone confirm?

They adjusted some gameplay stuff so youre likely going to need sliders in your games

Quote:
Originally Posted by longranger
I have the same problem. Some games it will show the Jordan player of the game highlights, then I can view the others. Some games it just brings up the Jordan pog statline and that is it.
If you're over 6 minutes I believe it doesn't show

# 283 theman824 @ 02/12/14 03:33 PM
Servers back up.
Confirmed, the wrong trade was executed because of the servers going down.
All because we don't have locally saved games.......

# 284 Metapod @ 02/17/14 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Issues that need to be address in a possible Patch #5 (MyGM)

Height Glitch
- When you fire a coach during the season, the players on your team, particularly the point guards either lose height or gain height. For example, if I fire Jason Kidd, Deron Williams height goes from 6' 3" to 6' 4". Or as others stated on here, Jeremy Lin and Patrick Beverly go to 6' 10".
I wish that could actually happen

# 285 LingeringRegime @ 02/21/14 09:33 AM
Didn't know where to post this, isn't new thread-worthy.

Where do I enable coach mode in this game? I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

# 286 obamaspiesonme @ 02/22/14 11:38 AM
Do the technical issues in the game ruin the experience? I only play offline modes, will I still be largely affected? I've been wanting to buy this game for a while but the issues have been putting me off. Thanks in advance

# 287 GisherJohn24 @ 02/22/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obamaspiesonme
Do the technical issues in the game ruin the experience? I only play offline modes, will I still be largely affected? I've been wanting to buy this game for a while but the issues have been putting me off. Thanks in advance
No. Mostly online doesn't work..offline works fine

# 288 cowboy_kmoney @ 02/23/14 01:38 AM
Im going to get it this week and give it a go.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

# 289 godylla @ 02/28/14 11:47 AM
Any information on Patch #5 being worked on? I haven't been able to at all since Patch 4 was released.

# 290 RnRexpress3423 @ 03/03/14 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
No. Mostly online doesn't work..offline works fine
I was worried about this as well. Since offline the game seems to play alright, I'm going to go ahead and purchase. MLB The Show feels so far away and I need my sports fix.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

# 291 theman824 @ 03/03/14 11:43 AM
Can anyone confirm that the trade bug still exists?
In my MyGM i cant make trades properly anymore. When i call another gm about a trade offer and when i want to add players to the offer it doesnt give me the list of players to chose from. Just an empty list appears. Picks can be added but not players. I had this before in the same file. It should have been fixed in patch 3 or 4 i dont remember. With both patches the patch notes stated that the targeted issues should be corrected in already existing files. After the patch it worked again, and now in season 2 it doesnt work again.
Dont want to start over again. Did it 4 times already.

Anyone experiencing this still?

Pretty sure it was specifically addressed in one of the patches.

All the bugs are so frustrating. 2K14 is the game version i played the least by far at this point after release. It's just no fun at all when you keep running into serious issues. Whats the point of an association type game mode when you cant make trades propperly??

# 292 jeremym480 @ 03/04/14 05:23 PM
I just went through the off-season was was able to make trades with players or picks just fine.

I'm not certain about during the season, as I never actually humored any trades. However, from the looks of the MyGM thread trades really don't seem to be a problem.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

# 293 theman824 @ 03/05/14 12:43 AM
Maybe that bug is history if you start a new game file after the patch. But in my association it is not working right now (again). Real real bummer cause it was going great.

sent by iPhone using Tapatalk

# 294 Painkiller1974 @ 03/06/14 06:22 AM
I feel like nba2k14 for ps3 was never exist... I bought the game but I never played it... and I visit OS only once a week...
Very very sad...

# 295 Shogunro @ 03/06/14 05:05 PM
on the xbox one in myteam mode, the past 3 games every time after hafltime the game says waiting for opponent, then it stops and say 2k server not available at the moment. That would be fine but IM GETTING LOSSES. I might get dropped to the 4th seed if this keeps up. I am usually winning too. Why even give losses out if the game ends because of server issues? stupid decision on 2k's part. I can never get to the 2nd seed!

# 296 theman824 @ 03/08/14 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman824
Can anyone confirm that the trade bug still exists?
In my MyGM i cant make trades properly anymore. When i call another gm about a trade offer and when i want to add players to the offer it doesnt give me the list of players to chose from. Just an empty list appears. Picks can be added but not players. I had this before in the same file. It should have been fixed in patch 3 or 4 i dont remember. With both patches the patch notes stated that the targeted issues should be corrected in already existing files. After the patch it worked again, and now in season 2 it doesnt work again.
Dont want to start over again. Did it 4 times already.

Anyone experiencing this still?

Pretty sure it was specifically addressed in one of the patches.

All the bugs are so frustrating. 2K14 is the game version i played the least by far at this point after release. It's just no fun at all when you keep running into serious issues. Whats the point of an association type game mode when you cant make trades propperly??

This definitely is a broader issue since the same happens for contract extensions.
I get an empty list when i go to that menu although there are players eligible for extensions.

Is there a thread where bugs are collected that exist even now after patch 4?
It seems to me that there's quite some big ones still out there.

# 297 tbone1 @ 03/08/14 10:24 AM
Just picked up a ps4 and this game yesterday.
I loaded disc and installed game to hard drive.
When i installed to hard drive did it automatically install all patches as I was connected to internet?

If not how would I go about doing so?

# 298 tylorlenart @ 03/08/14 09:31 PM
I can't update my player with VC. It keeps saying transaction cancelled can't connect to server. Get your stuff together 2k!

# 299 AaeriosGames @ 03/18/14 04:14 PM
The biggest aspect of the patch that I've noticed applies to MyGM mode. During games, new substitutions can be made during dead-ball situations where previously all lineup changes had to be applied BEFORE the dead-ball. This makes it much more convenient to alter your lineup spontaneously rather than having to call a timeout, commit a foul, etc. to implement said changes.

Well done, 2K.

# 300 GR5Noles @ 03/23/14 11:47 AM
is there a way to delete a patch? or to delete the entire and download Patches 1-3 but exclude 4?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.