Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released patch number four for NBA 2K14 this afternoon for Xbox One users. No timetable on when PS4 users will get the patch, but 2K says it is coming 'soon'.

Here are the notes:

• Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
  • Addressed an issue with Friend invites that was preventing some users from entering into Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
  • Corrected a case where the game would exit out after the first change of possession during the Rising Stars challenge in MyCAREER mode.
  • Improved performance in The Park by fixing a number of hitches that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally exit out shortly after boot when there was a large number of content update notifications queued up.
  • Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases.
NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

How is the patch working for you? Give us your impressions in the comments!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 miller31time @ 01/24/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwash020
How long do you think it takes to fix this stuff...are you a programmer, how familiar are you with networking, or anything it takes to make a video game? Some of this stuff I imagine could take months to figure out/fix. Your copout argument is lame. But I digress...I am contributing to the demise of this thread, so I will stop.
To be fair, MrMBrown isn't putting out "the #1 sports game of all time", charging consumers $60 and reaping the financial benefits. With great power comes great responsibility. They have the power covered but are slacking on the whole "responsibility" aspect.

# 102 cwash020 @ 01/24/14 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
To be fair, MrMBrown isn't putting out "the #1 sports game of all time", charging consumers $60 and reaping the financial benefits. With great power comes great responsibility. They have the power covered but are slacking on the whole "responsibility" aspect.
Completely agree. But don't call my thoughts a 'copout'. If you want to bash 2K games as a whole for releasing a product that wasn't thouroughly tested and remains incomplete then knock yourself out. But, to be fair to those working diligently on the game - I think the expectations of a single patch to be the saving grace for all the game's problems is outlandish. Now - if there are still significant gameplay issues this time next month without another patch to address them...I will be on the same side of the fence as MrMBrown.

# 103 antarp @ 01/24/14 02:14 PM
Bha, XB1 crash to dashboard is still there, random disconnection issues are still there, playing myteam still is a nightmare with those bugs, so I'm waiting the damned fix for them.....

# 104 cwash020 @ 01/24/14 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarp
Bha, XB1 crash to dashboard is still there, random disconnection issues are still there, playing myteam still is a nightmare with those bugs, so I'm waiting the damned fix for them.....
Sorry to hear that. Plan on logging on this evening to see if I run into any of these issues.

# 105 BrianTX @ 01/24/14 03:04 PM
Any word on when the PS4 update will be available?

# 106 miller31time @ 01/24/14 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwash020
Completely agree. But don't call my thoughts a 'copout'. If you want to bash 2K games as a whole for releasing a product that wasn't thouroughly tested and remains incomplete then knock yourself out. But, to be fair to those working diligently on the game - I think the expectations of a single patch to be the saving grace for all the game's problems is outlandish. Now - if there are still significant gameplay issues this time next month without another patch to address them...I will be on the same side of the fence as MrMBrown.
The question is quickly becoming -- how many patches will they have to put out and how much time should consumers give them before the "give them some time" excuse fails to hold any weight.

The 2nd patch was the big one, correcting major problems with the main modes of the game. Afterwards, I expected the 3rd patch to smooth over the gameplay and really help the fluidity of the overall product.

But they, instead, focused on more cosmetic alterations.

With the game playing so poorly right now, I am finding myself less and less patient and giving those like MrMBrown more and more credence.

# 107 cwash020 @ 01/24/14 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
The question is quickly becoming -- how many patches will they have to put out and how much time should consumers give them before the "give them some time" excuse fails to hold any weight.

The 2nd patch was the big one, correcting major problems with the main modes of the game. Afterwards, I expected the 3rd patch to smooth over the gameplay and really help the fluidity of the overall product.

But they, instead, focused on more cosmetic alterations.

With the game playing so poorly right now, I am finding myself less and less patient and giving those like MrMBrown more and more credence.
Understood. And again, my opinion my be slightly biased because I just got the game and haven't experienced the issues everyone is having. My bigger concern - is this a sign of things to come? Can't imagine it's any easier than last gen to turn around the next year's iteration in less than one year. All the more reason IMO to release yearly updates with graphical improvements, updated rosters, and maybe a new mode every now and then for $40 instead of packaging a brand new game for $60.

# 108 NZ Buccaneer @ 01/24/14 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatOldMan
I still get this crap. Anyone else?
Yes - tried deleting and reinstalling the game, worked for the rest of that night. This morning, back to default clothing, no NBA highlights, and I assume being unable to connect to friends lockers/park

I've probably wasted about 5 hours of my life now trying to get this game to work/connect

# 109 PhatOldMan @ 01/24/14 03:44 PM
I tried two other things and got my clothes to work again. One thing I did was instead of using wireless I went directly into my modem. The second thing I did was signed into my profile before booting the game. So far it's been working.

# 110 GisherJohn24 @ 01/24/14 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTX
Any word on when the PS4 update will be available?
they just said very soon. I hope by the end of the weekend at the latest.

# 111 NZ Buccaneer @ 01/24/14 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
I bet they are getting a ton of traffic right now. If it worked last night it will work once the servers settle down. Guessing but it makes sense. Games do not break just because you powered it off and you are referencing everything that is network based.
Not likely for me- I only got them to work by deleting and reinstalling my gamertag (but too much of a hassle to do that every time), so having it work as a one off is nothing new for me. My guess is their server has trouble with some corrupted gamertags/consoles.

The clothes not showing aren't a huge deal to me. But for me it is another symptom, with the main issue being unable to play with friends (lockers or park). NBA highlights not working are another symptom (as far as I can tell)

Edit: tried wired as phat old man suggested- clothing worked, highlights didn't, so I guess they're not symptoms of the same issue (though they worked after backing out of the park, so maybe they're ally did just need time acquiring).

I've put another switch in now, so can leave my 360 and one both on wired connections. Will update if my problems are fixed (hopefully), or not.

Second edit: wired connection seems to have solved my problems (sans corrupted saves). Been over a day now and works as it should (well input lag is still pretty bad online too)

# 112 SPRINGS03 @ 01/24/14 04:21 PM
So when does this come to ps4? Also why do we have to wait until after xbox gets their patch? Cant they be releases at the same time? This patch includes new jerseys right?

# 113 mlb08 @ 01/24/14 04:37 PM
MyGm and MyCareer still crashes.

# 114 ourpurpose @ 01/24/14 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
When someone nitpicks about "Headbands" disappearing...that is SPOILED! That is such a tiny small amount of anything and it does not affect the gameplay or game at all.

Seriously, what is wrong with people like you? This isn't a huge deal to me, but it could be of high importance to someone else. I am sick of people downplaying others problems, there is absolutely no reason to do so.

Spoiled?

To me...

The only one appearing to be spoiled here, is 2k. They are lucky to have such an incredible fan base. This fan base had many who rushed out and purchased a ps4/xb1 long before they would have if 2k wasn't released on launch.

They took us for granted, they knew we (fans of 2k, OS, etc.) would rush out and buy this game without giving it a second thought. The worst part of all this mess...

2k knowingly provided us with an awful representation of what NBA 2k should be.

That is spoiled!

Next time before you blame the "masses", maybe you should consider how so many people can be so very angry.

# 115 Smirkin Dirk @ 01/24/14 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
I am still getting transition set play picks, this is still there.
How do you activate them?

# 116 Bigb4151351 @ 01/24/14 05:53 PM
I just cut on my 2k on xb1 and it's not downloading a patch smh

# 117 tyberious4now @ 01/24/14 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourpurpose
Seriously, what is wrong with people like you? This isn't a huge deal to me, but it could be of high importance to someone else. I am sick of people downplaying others problems, there is absolutely no reason to do so.

Spoiled?

To me...

The only one appearing to be spoiled here, is 2k. They are lucky to have such an incredible fan base. This fan base had many who rushed out and purchased a ps4/xb1 long before they would have if 2k wasn't released on launch.

They took us for granted, they knew we (fans of 2k, OS, etc.) would rush out and buy this game without giving it a second thought. The worst part of all this mess...

2k knowingly provided us with an awful representation of what NBA 2k should be.

That is spoiled!

Next time before you blame the "masses", maybe you should consider how so many people can be so very angry.
I don't see "so many people" only the same ones who cries about a headband.....Incredible!

# 118 MidasTouch @ 01/24/14 05:58 PM
2k confirmed on twitter earlier that when you play a save (MyCareer or MyGM) offline, you won't be able to play it online. So if you're in the middle of a game and the servers go down, then you're effed.

# 119 ourpurpose @ 01/24/14 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I don't see "so many people" only the same ones who cries about a headband.....Incredible!

Comprehension issues? Clearly, "so many people" was a reference to the upset fans as a whole. I briefly mentioned headbands in the opening of my response. Point is, we all value different things. For instance, my biggest gripes about this game (more than likely differ from yours) include not having a shorter season length in myplayer & mygm, lack of hdd saves, absurd server connection/requirement, and that 2k was more concerned with getting vc implemented than producing a quality product. "So many" is the reason we are at patch 4 (record?) and people are still livid. This game is still plagued with problems, and better judgement tells me that it will remain that way...

Incredible!

# 120 RumbleCard @ 01/24/14 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourpurpose
Comprehension issues? Clearly, "so many people" was a reference to the upset fans as a whole. I briefly mentioned headbands in the opening of my response. Point is, we all value different things. For instance, my biggest gripes about this game (more than likely differ from yours) include not having a shorter season length in myplayer & mygm, lack of hdd saves, absurd server connection/requirement, and that 2k was more concerned with getting vc implemented than producing a quality product. "So many" is the reason we are at patch 4 (record?) and people are still livid. This game is still plagued with problems, and better judgement tells me that it will remain that way...

Incredible!
Its hard to engage people when don't recognize the widespread issues because they weren't subject to them. I guess their logic is if they didn't experience it...it must not exist.

The hard reality is that this game was more than likely the worst release in sports gaming history and top 5 worst releases in all of gaming when you consider the magnitude of the game, the company history and the expectation of their consumer base.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.