Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

With MyGM working better by the day in NBA 2K14, it's a prudent time to look at what teams present unique challenges for you as a user. With 30 equally unique challenges possible, it's not easy narrowing the field down to six, but here are six equally different challenges which present both short term and long term challenge scenarios.

-Oklahoma City: Young, hungry, talented. This is a good team to try to win a few championships with.
-Miami: Do you try to keep the band together to create a true dynasty, or will you blow up the team after year one and start all over?
-San Antonio: One or two last pushes for a title, but then you have to rebuild without franchise cornerstones Tony Parker or Tim Duncan.
-Los Angeles Lakers: A good all around challenge of mixing high expectations with a roster which isn't fully up to the challenge.
-Charlotte: Low expectations, a roster which is full of young talent -- but overall a building effort must be put in place to win big.
-Detroit: A sleeper team with plenty to offer a win now GM, a few pieces away from competing in the East.

What Franchise(s) do you think present the most unique challenge in MyGM?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Coach2K @ 01/29/14 04:10 PM
I like Charlotte in that situation.

# 2 AnnihilusLivius @ 01/29/14 04:15 PM
No love for Indy? C'mon...my boy PG24 earned his spot!

# 3 Glenn33 @ 01/29/14 04:16 PM
I would take out Detroit and substitute with Minnesota. On paper the team is meh and the contract situation is not ideal. But make a minor move here or there and you can position this team for a run. And PLAYING with this team you can really compete as K Love can drop 20 with no effort and The big Russian is a beast on that block.

# 4 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/29/14 04:17 PM
Lakers look interesting. I think celtics would be a good team too

# 5 WarlordZMaster @ 01/29/14 04:17 PM
Playin with Indy here, awesome talent and depth. Added a 3rd C to cover for injuries and to rest Hibbert.

# 6 rkocjay @ 01/29/14 04:18 PM
i roll with the strugger of the Lakers

# 7 SilvioD @ 01/29/14 04:46 PM
The Knicks! How to save an overpaid but underperforming team. My first move; traded away Melo and JR for Iggy and Curry. Next on the list; trying to move out Bargnani for a good draft pick.

# 8 Coolade @ 01/29/14 04:48 PM
Winning a championship under the luxury as the lakers is a trophy. So if you're a trophy hunter you're kinda forced to play as the lakers your first time around.

# 9 Deek @ 01/29/14 05:21 PM
Just started one with Milwaukee. They have a couple of bad contracts, and no real "superstar." Thinking the best way to attack it is to offload what expendable assets there are (Mayo, Butler & Ilyasova) to try and get some picks.

# 10 tarek @ 01/29/14 07:24 PM
I recently started up with the Lakers, simply to see them into a rebuild and the end of the Kobe era. I plan on throwing away the first season and stockpiling some 1st round picks and making a move for a big name rookie (parker, wiggins, exum) and maybe a free agency splash.
Will be interesting to see whether gasol signs on the cheap, and whether I can move Nash and his expiring the following season or this season for a draft pick.
Oh, and I'm just waiting for the end of season to fire D'Antoni the imbecile.

# 11 Coach2K @ 01/29/14 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordZMaster
Playin with Indy here, awesome talent and depth. Added a 3rd C to cover for injuries and to rest Hibbert.
I thought in real life Indy needed that as well.

# 12 GoRebs @ 01/30/14 12:10 AM
How about the Suns? Build the team around Len and Bledsoe?

# 13 dirk.93 @ 01/30/14 02:41 AM
with every team is cool to start

# 14 CujoMatty @ 01/30/14 07:25 AM
I am loving building a team around terrence ross in toronto

# 15 gmax57 @ 01/30/14 10:52 AM
The trade logic in 2k makes it possible to make any team a contender. I had a Pistons MyGM and teams kept offering me 1st round picks for Chauncey Billups. Actual NBA teams only trade 1st round picks for premium talent (except maybe for the Knicks and Nets). Unfortunately, you have to play with house rules to make MyGM a challenge.

# 16 Glenn33 @ 01/30/14 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek
Just started one with Milwaukee. They have a couple of bad contracts, and no real "superstar." Thinking the best way to attack it is to offload what expendable assets there are (Mayo, Butler & Ilyasova) to try and get some picks.
Noooo don't trade Mayo. His mid range game is legit (I've played a bit with this team). I would keep Knight as well. Everyone else is expendable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 17 Glenn33 @ 01/30/14 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmax57
The trade logic in 2k makes it possible to make any team a contender. I had a Pistons MyGM and teams kept offering me 1st round picks for Chauncey Billups. Actual NBA teams only trade 1st round picks for premium talent (except maybe for the Knicks and Nets). Unfortunately, you have to play with house rules to make MyGM a challenge.
I have yet to encounter a sports game where house rules aren't necessary so that's a given. I always slant the trade to the cpu advantage.

# 18 Glenn33 @ 01/30/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRebs
How about the Suns? Build the team around Len and Bledsoe?
Bledsoe yes. Len - not so much.

# 19 JAGGER6223 @ 01/30/14 01:14 PM
What about Denver trying to be a Western Conference powerhouse but lacks the star power, they have grreat talent with 13 of the 15 under the age of 30

# 20 Iceman87GT @ 01/30/14 04:08 PM
I so want to do a Charlotte MyGM, but after year one they would still be the Bobcats and there's not even a way to wear throwbacks to at least have some of the Hornets motif around.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.