Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

With MyGM working better by the day in NBA 2K14, it's a prudent time to look at what teams present unique challenges for you as a user. With 30 equally unique challenges possible, it's not easy narrowing the field down to six, but here are six equally different challenges which present both short term and long term challenge scenarios.

-Oklahoma City: Young, hungry, talented. This is a good team to try to win a few championships with.
-Miami: Do you try to keep the band together to create a true dynasty, or will you blow up the team after year one and start all over?
-San Antonio: One or two last pushes for a title, but then you have to rebuild without franchise cornerstones Tony Parker or Tim Duncan.
-Los Angeles Lakers: A good all around challenge of mixing high expectations with a roster which isn't fully up to the challenge.
-Charlotte: Low expectations, a roster which is full of young talent -- but overall a building effort must be put in place to win big.
-Detroit: A sleeper team with plenty to offer a win now GM, a few pieces away from competing in the East.

What Franchise(s) do you think present the most unique challenge in MyGM?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Weekly42 Podcasting @ 01/31/14 10:05 AM
I played as the Lakers and won 32 games season 1, but tanked and traded anything I could for first round picks. Had a great draft with 3 top 20 picks. I then ended up being able to trade Kobe and 2 of those picks to OKC for Durant with one of the GM special moves (I think it was player pump up). Not realistic at all, but I just had to do it.

# 22 Knee_Grow_Pleas @ 01/31/14 05:02 PM
I started one with the Kings.... Came straight out the gate moving pieces... I gave away draft picks that weren't gonna be anything cuz I'm gonna win... No lottery picks for me... I have Eric Bledsoe, Klay Thompson, Rudy Gay, Gallinari, and Cousins.... My bench is so so... Trade finder works wonders...

# 23 vtcha @ 01/31/14 05:33 PM
I did a MyGM with the Bucks a while ago. Traded Mayo and I think Sanders to the Jazz for their 1st round pick. Anyway, during the draft I landed the #1 and #3 picks. I then traded my #3 pick and Giannis for the #2 pick. I ended up drafting both Wiggins and Parker. A few years later I acquired Rubio via trade (can't remember what for) and Shumpert for Ilyasova and other assets. Fast forward to the year 2020 and my core of Rubio, Shumpert, Parker, Wiggins, Henson and a generic player drafted #3 in the 2015 draft have won 3 straight NBA titles.

By the way, I didn't play any games- just simulated them all whilst only doing GM duties as well as assigning player rotations/minutes as I don't like the way the CPU does it.

# 24 actuallybrown @ 01/31/14 08:53 PM
I was rocking with Cleveland for a little while, but then I got back into MyCareer, so...I just wasted 10 seconds of your time. Sorry.

# 25 BBallcoach @ 02/03/14 05:55 AM
The wizards by far. Best young PG in the league with a deadly 3 pt shooter to kick out to on the drive. Gortat is nice down low. And 2k loves Nene so you can trade him and get quality back.

# 26 memtndude @ 02/03/14 03:11 PM
It was challenging for me to get the Grizzlies under the salary cap and not totally suck. I had to trade away some of my favorite players because of their $17M salaries.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.