Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 patch #4, which was released about a week ago for Xbox One users, is available now for PS4. Let us know if it fixed the issues you were having. Official fix list below.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
  • Addressed an issue with Friend invites that was preventing some users from entering into Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
  • Corrected a case where the game would exit out after the first change of possession during the Rising Stars challenge in MyCAREER mode.
  • Improved performance in The Park by fixing a number of hitches that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally exit out shortly after boot when there was a large number of content update notifications queued up.
  • Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases.

NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ghm125 @ 02/01/14 05:16 PM
PATCH DOWNLOADED! problems got a screen says preparing roster for use... last 25 minutes no movement...think Im done I want my money back

# 22 DiceMan @ 02/01/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Id say my slider set was rendered useless because it seemed to throw the game out of wack. The movement was different, I couldn't hit many shots myself (although the cpu did) a ton of more fouls especially trying to get steals, and as you said they were slower and the defense wasn't giving anything in the paint, it was also hard for me to get any rebounds on defense.

I played at Golden State as the Clippers and was up by a few points until late in the 4th where Iggy and Steph just went off on me and the arena went nuts. I for whatever reason couldn't stop Steph from getting inside, couldnt block any of his shots or negate him, but I believe after that is when I started over on the slider bit.

I immediately took OKC at home and went to work on the GSW and blew them out by about 25...absolutely went off on them with KD and Lamb and Jackson.

Going to have to see what the AI is doing now because that first game took me off guard and I got ate up.
I noticed some of same last night when I played. I couldn't stop Kyrie from getting into the paint & Cleveland was running no offense....it was a couple of dribbles & a shot (which wasn't the case with the slider set I was using pre patch 4). I wanted to throw my controller when Jarrett Jack was bringing the ball down the court & I tried to body him up & he shrugged me off like a rb does a defender. Just when I found the perfect set too.

# 23 asu666 @ 02/01/14 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsublime
still no HDD saves, useless patch.
Yep, as far as I'm concerned, the structure of the game is broken beyond what any patch can correct. Hopefully, @k gets back to basics next year.

# 24 23 @ 02/01/14 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
I noticed some of same last night when I played. I couldn't stop Kyrie from getting into the paint & Cleveland was running no offense....it was a couple of dribbles & a shot (which wasn't the case with the slider set I was using pre patch 4). I wanted to throw my controller when Jarrett Jack was bringing the ball down the court & I tried to body him up & he shrugged me off like a rb does a defender. Just when I found the perfect set too.

They were running an offense but since they were down curry just went off.

I had to laugh because it's something I've seen before but I think my sliders crippled me because I couldn't do much defensive that I could before plus I boosted the country offensive and defensive awareness to 70... This is on pro btw.

I'm sure our sliders affected some stuff differently but they just exploded and with my PX4s on the audio was bliss

Galaxy Note 2

# 25 23 @ 02/01/14 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm125
PATCH DOWNLOADED! problems got a screen says preparing roster for use... last 25 minutes no movement...think Im done I want my money back

Try hard wiring your ps4

Galaxy Note 2

# 26 RangersCruz @ 02/01/14 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm125
i waited for a few mins finally " prepared " the roster

# 27 Brooke2011 @ 02/01/14 06:47 PM
Is there a difference in player movement.....I'm sure sliders can fix the issues on defense , but no matter what sliders I used , players were kinda skating and they never seemed really grounded. I'm still downloading and so I haven't seen it in action yet. Just wondering what the general perspective is on how the movement feels from running to stopping to back peddling .

Thanks

# 28 Tashan @ 02/01/14 07:16 PM
this black screen **** is annoying. really tired of this game.

# 29 Mintsa @ 02/01/14 07:39 PM
New to ps4. How do I download the patch?? Nothing is prompting me when I start the game....also nothing in my notifications section either???

How can I see what patch I'm running right now??

# 30 grlacher @ 02/01/14 07:46 PM
Game is playing great for me I use these sliders with default roster . I also play 12 min quarters . The game feels different . http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-next-gen-sliders/695509-lets-ball-baby-sim-10-minute-quarter-sliders-back-basics-ps4.html

# 31 Brooke2011 @ 02/01/14 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grlacher
Game is playing great for me I use these sliders with default roster . I also play 12 min quarters . The game feels different . http://www.operationsports.com/forum...asics-ps4.html
Can you explain how different....did you notice less sliding and more weight to the players. At work right now....won't get to try this till the A.m.

Thanks

# 32 keshunleon @ 02/01/14 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Can you explain how different....did you notice less sliding and more weight to the players. At work right now....won't get to try this till the A.m.

Thanks
I played one game and I noticed less sliding, CPU more active on blks, but playing defense seems harder. I couldn't stay with quicker PG's but PF's and C's still can catch faster PG's.

POE nothing inside but the CPU scored inside with ease, majority of points inside.

The button lag seems better but passing seems to gotten worse: players passing the ball directly to the defender.

# 33 Guy Georges @ 02/01/14 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
Working for me.
I highly doubt it...

# 34 KyotoCarl @ 02/01/14 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
Working for me.
Can you 100% say this is working? If you were any other position than PG in MC automatic playcalling didn't really work. Plays would break down right after they started or wouldn't start at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

# 35 BA2929 @ 02/01/14 11:30 PM
Cant even get past the black screen to start the game after the patch. Glad I have a 50" tv and a PS4 to watch a black screen. Ive done all the tricks I know of to get it to work too. Awesome.

# 36 BA2929 @ 02/01/14 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
Did you unistall the game?

Sent from my Galaxy S4
Im not uninstalling the game them waiting another 2-3 hours for it to reinstall completely so I can play it.

Edit: After stopping the app numerous times and finally just waiting at the black screen, it started after a 15 min wait.

# 37 iameich @ 02/02/14 01:45 AM
Just got done DL the patch #4… will leave feedback on offline play only once I get a game in.

[P4 x 360 x Tapatalk Pro]

# 38 23 @ 02/02/14 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Im not uninstalling the game them waiting another 2-3 hours for it to reinstall completely so I can play it.

Edit: After stopping the app numerous times and finally just waiting at the black screen, it started after a 15 min wait.

Did ya plug your ps4 up wired?

Galaxy Note 2

# 39 datruth251 @ 02/02/14 06:01 AM
Quick fix to the black screen is easy. What I do is before I open 2K I log out of PSN start up 2K get to the screen where u see everything but NBA today then I log into PSN. Only way I can get the game to start for me hope this works for u guys.

# 40 RangersCruz @ 02/02/14 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Did ya plug your ps4 up wired?

Galaxy Note 2
Wired doesn't matter dude im wired to it and i have the same issue since the patch

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.