Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 patch #4, which was released about a week ago for Xbox One users, is available now for PS4. Let us know if it fixed the issues you were having. Official fix list below.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to load/play any previously saved files.
  • Addressed an issue where some users were unable to properly negotiate contracts in MyGM.
  • Users are now able to advance to the next round of the playoffs when playing the series deciding game in MyGM.
  • Addressed an issue with Friend invites that was preventing some users from entering into Head-to-Head and Team-Up matchmaking.
  • Corrected a case where the game would exit out after the first change of possession during the Rising Stars challenge in MyCAREER mode.
  • Improved performance in The Park by fixing a number of hitches that would occur during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where the title would be unresponsive when booted without being signed into a profile.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally exit out shortly after boot when there was a large number of content update notifications queued up.
  • Corrected an issue where thumbnails in the MyPLAYER Store and Dressing Room would fail to appear in some cases.

NOTE: All patch fixes are intended to work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, MyGM, etc.).

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 RangersCruz @ 02/03/14 10:53 AM
so i wasted VC to 90 emotion and got on court coach for my SF i call a play he freaking posts up

# 62 iker30 @ 02/03/14 11:46 AM
Any changes on the online input lag?

# 63 paulbracciole @ 02/03/14 01:39 PM
did not fix the dolby optical cracking losing volume sound problem

# 64 sanctimonious @ 02/03/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Finally! My only gripe was the headband glitch and it's fixed! I love it! Played five games in MyGM so far, loving it. Yes!!!!!
Is it? Tried to sim a season with the knicks and Anthonys headband disappeared after he held a press conference announcing that he was going on to test free agency. You're sure it's fixed for you? I've patch #4 installed

# 65 RangersCruz @ 02/03/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctimonious
Is it? Tried to sim a season with the knicks and Anthonys headband disappeared after he held a press conference announcing that he was going on to test free agency. You're sure it's fixed for you? I've patch #4 installed
I didn't test it myself but he said he was 5 games in which isn't enough it happens a little down the season

# 66 sanctimonious @ 02/03/14 03:19 PM
It's so frustrating that such a small thing can ruin a gm-campaign. My favorite player is anthony so I hate playing him when the headband disappears. I tried to put him in free agency at that start and sign him but I couldn't offer more than 10 mil. I'm quite new to the NBA so maybe there's some obvious reason to why you can't go higher than that but have anyone found a different solution to this bull****

# 67 Greene_Flash03 @ 02/03/14 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Georges
I highly doubt it...
He's probably referring to quick plays like 'quick post up', 'iso', etc. CPU call those plays, but not team specific plays.

# 68 Greene_Flash03 @ 02/03/14 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
Can't believe I wasted 10,000 VC on the on court coach sig skill. When I have the ball and try to call a play for myself it is broken. I press L1, then when I try to press X,O,Square, or Triangle for the play, instead of calling the play it makes me do the action for that button instead. Just now I was trying to call the play assigned to the square button but instead of calling the play I launched a full court shot. Guess I will just have to stick to holding L1 so that it runs the best play. There is no way that this should be broken considering how much VC it costs to get it. I have not played My Career in 2k14 nearly as much as previous games because there are no plays being called. I thought on court coach would be the answer and make the mode more enjoyable again but it is broken. Let's hope 2k gets their act together with 2k15. I feel there is no more hope at this point that many of these things will ever be addressed or function properly in NBA 2k14, and don't get me started on the lack of Player of the Game and Post game highlights. SMH.
Yup. Did the same thing as PF. I think this will only work if you're a PG. I know, it doesn't make sense.

# 69 RangersCruz @ 02/03/14 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Yup. Did the same thing as PF. I think this will only work if you're a PG. I know, it doesn't make sense.
If you're a PG that gets slid to the SG spot and starts there at the 2 guard and you have the sig can you call plays with it?

# 70 j3nkins29 @ 02/03/14 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
If you're a PG that gets slid to the SG spot and starts there at the 2 guard and you have the sig can you call plays with it?
I am a SG in My Career and I only seem to be able to call plays when I have the ball in my hands. So I wait to get the ball from the Point Guard and then press L1 and usually it will trigger a play. Does not work every time I press L1 though. I always get the play vision for those sort of quick transition like plays where the two bigs set a screen or the vision tells me to go to the corner on fastbreaks.

# 71 RangersCruz @ 02/03/14 05:11 PM
Quote:
I am a SG in My Career and I only seem to be able to call plays when I have the ball in my hands. So I wait to get the ball from the Point Guard and then press L1 and usually it will trigger a play. Does not work every time I press L1 though. I always get the play vision for those sort of quick transition like plays where the two bigs set a screen or the vision tells me to go to the corner on fastbreaks.
L1 plays? yeah those kinda suck i tried it on my SF

# 72 j3nkins29 @ 02/03/14 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
L1 plays? yeah those kinda suck i tried it on my SF
Yea, the L1 plays are all I get to work. Did you go into the options and set the play types for your player. I set mine to 3pt, mid range, and pick and roll ball handler and when I press L1 those type of plays were run for me. Sometimes it will run plays for other teammates instead of me. Like I have said it does not work every time though.

# 73 DJ_Solis @ 02/03/14 06:58 PM
Quote:
Yea, the L1 plays are all I get to work. Did you go into the options and set the play types for your player. I set mine to 3pt, mid range, and pick and roll ball handler and when I press L1 those type of plays were run for me. Sometimes it will run plays for other teammates instead of me. Like I have said it does not work every time though.

You have options for your play type? I've looked all through this mess of a menu and have yet to see anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 74 j3nkins29 @ 02/03/14 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
You have options for your play type? I've looked all through this mess of a menu and have yet to see anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It can only be done in game, which means you have to set it each game since it does not save. Just go to the options while in a game and scroll through, you will see the menu for it.

# 75 RangersCruz @ 02/03/14 07:32 PM
Quote:
which sucks i call floppy for example and my guy posts up are you serious..

# 76 johnlnames @ 02/03/14 09:02 PM
You still dont have control over contract negotiations in MyGm. I cleared over 20 mil to sign melo or bron in FA and i wasnt able to offer more than 12 mill a year

# 77 Hulkules @ 02/03/14 11:10 PM
I cannot believe this. Since installing this latest patch I can no longer get past loading screen in an exhibition game. What is happening to my beloved game..

I have now deleted everything 2k14 and starting from scratch. Hope this fixes it...

# 78 Drmetzger3 @ 02/03/14 11:11 PM
Sorry if this was already addressed but why does 2K keep breaking things? The patch has now caused me to not be able to change the Knicks uniforms in my season. If I try the game freezes. Is my only option to delete the game and reinstall it?! For real?! A 3 hour ordeal for about the 500th time. I'm shocked by how bad this has been. I expect some hiccups with a new game on a new system but this is unbelievable

# 79 bumpyface @ 02/04/14 06:50 PM
I can't play online with friends or quick match. When I attempt to start a room or play quick match it says (E-82303F03). I'm on PS4. Is anyone else getting this?

# 80 Find_the_Door @ 02/04/14 08:47 PM
Noticed more dunks in traffic now, also more vicous finishes too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.