Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

I just fired up Madden NFL 25 (PS4) and noticed a patch was downloaded.

Looking at the update history, it shows Version 1.04 - Minor stability and bug fixes. I've reached out to EA Sports for more details on what was patched in this update.

UPDATE: I've heard from some users that have mentioned it is available now for the Xbox One as well.

UPDATE #2: Here are the Madden NFL 25 title update #3 details.

GENERAL UPDATES
  • Improved stability in all game modes
  • Various stability improvements for CoachGlass and SmartGlass
GAMEPLAY
  • Fixed an issue where special moves on kick returners were over-effective
  • Tuned precision stiff arm behavior
  • Fixed an issue with heat seeker not working properly
  • Tuned knockout chances to improve catch rates in tight coverage
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fixed an issue where the MUT friends list displayed incorrectly
PRESENTATION
  • Fixed a bug where Roger Goodell's suit was displayed incorrectly during the Vince Lombardi trophy presentation
  • Fixed an issue where vignettes displayed a black screen when loading into a Head-to-Head game, OTP, and MUT Head-to-Head game.
Are you seeing any differences?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 strife1013 @ 02/06/14 10:36 AM
Thanks for the report. How big is the update and you'd think EA would release something about patch notes. Hope it fixes a number of glaring issues.

# 2 Drae504 @ 02/06/14 11:05 AM
Super Stiff Arm is gone. Praise God

# 3 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
Thanks for the report. How big is the update and you'd think EA would release something about patch notes. Hope it fixes a number of glaring issues.
We should have the list of notes up shortly. I'll post a link in here once it's up.

Thanks guys!

# 4 49UNCFan @ 02/06/14 11:42 AM
The Game plays better!

Now my biggest wishes for Madden 15
New weather system, Next Gen Graphics,A.I., Animations overhaul, and add strategy, and oh also custom camera

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 5 onetonmartin @ 02/06/14 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
We should have the list of notes up shortly. I'll post a link in here once it's up.

Thanks guys!
Thanks AJ!

# 6 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 01:29 PM

# 7 Sphinx @ 02/06/14 01:38 PM
Those patch notes are a little disapointing. I was really hoping that injuries would be addressed. I have my starting qb get injured and carted off the field and then he's back on the very next play.

# 8 strife1013 @ 02/06/14 01:38 PM
Quote:
Thanks. Better than nothing I suppose but no wind direction changes or other bug fixes. Well I'm sure that's the last update for this game. ETA on final roster update??

# 9 DNMHIII @ 02/06/14 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Those patch notes are a little disapointing. I was really hoping that injuries would be addressed. I have my starting qb get injured and carted off the field and then he's back on the very next play.
Carrying 3 Quartebacks fixes this.

# 10 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/06/14 01:50 PM
Less chance of a knockout when thrown into traffic? you really are going to make passing easier? Dear god.

# 11 N51_rob @ 02/06/14 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Sports
Tuned knockout chances to improve catch rates in tight coverage
Why? That is all I want to know. Why does EA continue to make things easier on the offense? Rather than punish people who throw the ball into traffic, we will make it easier to make a terrible decisions and get rewarded.

How about tuning the defense to make it harder for every running back in the game to get the edge and turn the corner?

The last thing this game needs is for the offense to be made easier, especially for the people that love forcing passes into tight coverages. Just Great.

# 12 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Why? That is all I want to know. Why does EA continue to make things easier on the offense? Rather than punish people who throw the ball into traffic, we will make it easier to make a terrible decisions and get rewarded.

How about tuning the defense to make it harder for every running back in the game to get the edge and turn the corner?

The last thing this game needs is for the offense to be made easier, especially for the people that love forcing passes into tight coverages. Just Great.
Are you talking about Next-Gen or Current Gen?

This is only to address the balls that the receiver catches and drops. Calvin Johnson doesn't drop everything just because he has a CB on him. Not sure what you're referring to.

# 13 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/06/14 02:05 PM
Quote:

This is only to address the balls that the receiver catches and drops. Calvin Johnson doesn't drop everything just because he has a CB on him. Not sure what you're referring to.
If I see Ted Ginn going across the middle, big hit and hangs on to it...

Offense is easy enough. That's what he means. We sim players like dropped balls when people force throws since there is no damn swat animation. It's usually INT or dropped pass

# 14 N51_rob @ 02/06/14 02:13 PM
Quote:

How was it determined that this was a problem? I mean I played in a 32 user online CFM where Calvin Johnson has 125 catches to I think 15 drops yes that number is high, but I don't see it as a problem, because QBs are too accurate as is and not enough passes hit the ground.

Yet is this same CFM Michael Smith ran for 400+ yards on 37 carries (in one game) when his coach figured out that he could out run the defense to the outside and run past everyone. It seems to me that the game is always balanced to favor the offense.

Screen passes are problematic, any thing going to be done to tune that? They are essentially insta-offense.

It is just unsettling that the only gameplay tuning happens to favor the offense, when its the defense that needs more help IMO. Thanks for the time, and any and all improvements are welcome because I understand you guys are probably working on Madden 15 morso that diverting a lot of assets to this game which is understandable.

# 15 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Once again, proving that this game will never be a realistic game. Everything has to cater to the cry baby who can't learn football and wants success on every play. Put in the effort to make different degrees of difficulty in the game like simulation and casual modes. Stop babying people and force them to learn the game of football.

Business as usual at Tiburon.
This is not constructive criticism at all. Are you saying passing is too easy on Next Gen Madden? Can you give me some concrete examples with specific plays?

This type of post doesn't help anyone.

# 16 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/06/14 02:19 PM
Quote:
This is not constructive criticism at all. Are you saying passing is too easy on Next Gen Madden? Can you give me some concrete examples with specific plays?

I will if you guys will listen...

CBs do not look for the ball. Too many times they have good coverage but are lookinng wrong way and have no awareness to where the ball is. That's not right for CBs with good awareness and etc.

If a MLB nails a little WR on a slant. He should drop it.

Their needs to be secondary awareness. It needs adjusted, that would fix most issues. If they played the ball and put a hand out to swat it or keep WR from making the catch. They should get in position to make a swatted ball rather than mirror the WR route and just be in the way

# 17 jgarrett @ 02/06/14 02:22 PM
Quote:

I think passing can be too easy on Next Gen Madden. Especially the underneath routes. Just doesn't seem like the AI (on both user controlled and computer controlled teams) plays tight enough coverage. It seems like everything 10 yards downfield or further plays great.

By the way, is the issue where you can't load custom rosters into connected franchises ever be fixed?

# 18 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
How was it determined that this was a problem? I mean I played in a 32 user online CFM where Calvin Johnson has 125 catches to I think 15 drops yes that number is high, but I don't see it as a problem, because QBs are too accurate as is and not enough passes hit the ground.

Yet is this same CFM Michael Smith ran for 400+ yards on 37 carries when his coach figured out that he could out run the defense to the outside and run past everyone. It seems to me that the game is always balanced to favor the offense.

Screen passes are problematic, any thing going to be done to tune that? They are essentially insta-offense.

It is just unsettling that the only gameplay tuning happens to favor the offense, when its the defense that needs more help IMO. Thanks for the time, and any and all improvements are welcome because I understand you guys are probably working on Madden 15 morso that diverting a lot of assets to this game which is understandable.
The "ONLY gameplay tuning" happens to favor the offense? This is simply not true. We tuned the precision stiff-arm, which was over-effective, as well as the juke moves on KRs. With all due respect, hyperbole doesn't help anybody.

As for the rest of the stuff - Have you tried adjusting the sliders? I have seen a LOT of INTs, personally in multiple CFMs, so I don't see this as being a global issue.

# 19 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
If I see Ted Ginn going across the middle, big hit and hangs on to it...

Offense is easy enough. That's what he means. We sim players like dropped balls when people force throws since there is no damn swat animation. It's usually INT or dropped pass
What do you mean there is no swat animation. You can swat balls by pressing L1/LB. Are you talking about something else?

# 20 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/06/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
What do you mean there is no swat animation. You can swat balls by pressing L1/LB. Are you talking about something else?
THIS. If I DO IT. we play non switches leagues around here. The CPU does not swat 90% of the time.

The CPU should play defense and swat balls. Not rely on user to switch and swat.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.