Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

I just fired up Madden NFL 25 (PS4) and noticed a patch was downloaded.

Looking at the update history, it shows Version 1.04 - Minor stability and bug fixes. I've reached out to EA Sports for more details on what was patched in this update.

UPDATE: I've heard from some users that have mentioned it is available now for the Xbox One as well.

UPDATE #2: Here are the Madden NFL 25 title update #3 details.

GENERAL UPDATES
  • Improved stability in all game modes
  • Various stability improvements for CoachGlass and SmartGlass
GAMEPLAY
  • Fixed an issue where special moves on kick returners were over-effective
  • Tuned precision stiff arm behavior
  • Fixed an issue with heat seeker not working properly
  • Tuned knockout chances to improve catch rates in tight coverage
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fixed an issue where the MUT friends list displayed incorrectly
PRESENTATION
  • Fixed a bug where Roger Goodell's suit was displayed incorrectly during the Vince Lombardi trophy presentation
  • Fixed an issue where vignettes displayed a black screen when loading into a Head-to-Head game, OTP, and MUT Head-to-Head game.
Are you seeing any differences?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I will if you guys will listen...

CBs do not look for the ball. Too many times they have good coverage but are lookinng wrong way and have no awareness to where the ball is. That's not right for CBs with good awareness and etc.

If a MLB nails a little WR on a slant. He should drop it.

Their needs to be secondary awareness. It needs adjusted, that would fix most issues. If they played the ball and put a hand out to swat it or keep WR from making the catch. They should get in position to make a swatted ball rather than mirror the WR route and just be in the way
See, this is constructive feedback. Thank you. I will definitely pass this along.

# 22 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 02:29 PM
Quote:
THIS. If I DO IT. we play non switches leagues around here. The CPU does not swat 90% of the time.

The CPU should play defense and swat balls. Not rely on user to switch and swat.
Ahhh. I gotcha. I'll pass this along. Thanks.

# 23 N51_rob @ 02/06/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
The "ONLY gameplay tuning" happens to favor the offense? This is simply not true. We tuned the precision stiff-arm, which was over-effective, as well as the juke moves on KRs. With all due respect, hyperbole doesn't help anybody.

As for the rest of the stuff - Have you tried adjusting the sliders? I have seen a LOT of INTs, personally in multiple CFMs, so I don't see this as being a global issue.
You are right, that wasn't the only game play tuning change made, so I apologize that was the one I focused on. Its all relative I guess, as I didn't think stiff arms were over powered as I use Alfred Morris who isn't a burner and I like being able to power through smaller DBs, same with KR jukes, but again its all relative and you are right about hyperbole.

As for the rest of the stuff, with all due respect this comes off as rather dismissive. You can go into great detail to point out how erroneous one line of though is, (which I admit was short sighted) but for the rest of my points which may or may not be more balanced and have actual merit, its just dismissed as tune the sliders. But yes, I have tuned sliders. We turned ints down to 0 and still had 8+ ints in our two Championship Round game.

But there really isn't a slider to improve the ability of edge defenders to set the edge, or OLBs to get into the proper run fits, or for DEs and DT to spill and chase properly.

Again I appreciate you taking the time to interact with us.

# 24 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/06/14 02:34 PM
AJ, I'm repeating myself but to add to Robs post, if there were more swat animations that was purely CPU there would be less interceptions and fix that.

People would be less pissed with swatted balls than dropped picks all the time.

No one would think "Bull... I should of picked that. He keeps dropping it!!!" They would say "Great job on batting the ball down" etc..

# 25 RumbleCard @ 02/06/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
The "ONLY gameplay tuning" happens to favor the offense? This is simply not true. We tuned the precision stiff-arm, which was over-effective, as well as the juke moves on KRs. With all due respect, hyperbole doesn't help anybody.

As for the rest of the stuff - Have you tried adjusting the sliders? I have seen a LOT of INTs, personally in multiple CFMs, so I don't see this as being a global issue.
Quote:
What do you mean there is no swat animation. You can swat balls by pressing L1/LB. Are you talking about something else?
I've worked extensively with the sliders. Part of the problem is some of the sliders are reversed or switched but without an acknowledgement from EA its tough to differentiate unless you test extensively...which for me was a lot of work. Enough to put the game down a few weeks back. I was testing in 10 game batches.

The INT slider doesn't seem to work or perhaps its switched with a different slider altogether because I've seen bigger results with lowered INT's from adjusting the other defensive sliders like coverage or reaction for example. Yes I realize that all those sliders certainly play a part.

Basically if I set the INT slider to 0 I should see no interceptions which isn't the case.

Ideally what would be a game changer is if I set the INT slider to 0 it would cause the defensive players to look to break up plays rather than look to get a pick altogether. This way I could tune that slider to my skill level and that of the CPU's. Rather than just changing the chances of an INT animation being successful.

Going back to swat animations being automatic. I think the whole idea that DB's and even LB's should be swatting more is something that needs a great deal of attention. It would solve the problem of overly accurate QB's and excessive INT's in the regard that most backs play to break the play up not just for the INT.

INT's should be much more rare in comparison to swats and broken up catches but it seems like the DB's animations and actions are more tuned to seeking out INT's instead breaking up plays. Which results in us predominately seeing excessive amounts of INT animations and then waiting to see if they're successful or not.

The entire DB/WR interaction needs a face lift...and there's lots of great directions this could go. Jostling for position, jump balls, coming over the top, whacking across arms...etc.

I hope that made sense.

# 26 RumbleCard @ 02/06/14 02:50 PM
Quote:
AJ, I'm repeating myself but to add to Robs post, if there were more swat animations that was purely CPU there would be less interceptions and fix that.

People would be less pissed with swatted balls than dropped picks all the time.

No one would think "Bull... I should of picked that. He keeps dropping it!!!" They would say "Great job on batting the ball down" etc..
This is certainly what I was thinking and you said in a lot less words than I did.

# 27 StL_RamZ @ 02/06/14 02:52 PM
Quote:
Ahhh. I gotcha. I'll pass this along. Thanks.
Any help or advise for CFM? When two controllers are playing and we finish the game. It's exits to the main menu of Madden 25 and its as if the game was
Never played?

Xbox one

# 28 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You are right, that wasn't the only game play tuning change made, so I apologize that was the one I focused on. Its all relative I guess, as I didn't think stiff arms were over powered as I use Alfred Morris who isn't a burner and I like being able to power through smaller DBs, same with KR jukes, but again its all relative and you are right about hyperbole.

As for the rest of the stuff, with all due respect this comes off as rather dismissive. You can go into great detail to point out how erroneous one line of though is, (which I admit was short sighted) but for the rest of my points which may or may not be more balanced and have actual merit, its just dismissed as tune the sliders. But yes, I have tuned sliders. We turned ints down to 0 and still had 8+ ints in our two Championship Round game.

But there really isn't a slider to improve the ability of edge defenders to set the edge, or OLBs to get into the proper run fits, or for DEs and DT to spill and chase properly.

Again I appreciate you taking the time to interact with us.
Not trying to dismiss you at all.

I guess I'm confused then. You guys (and I don't want to lump everyone in here into one,) are saying offense and passing is too easy, but then you said you tuned INTs to 0 in the sliders and still threw 8+ in your game? I feel like I'm missing something here.

I hear you on the edge defenders thing - I'll pass that feedback along.

# 29 LowerWolf @ 02/06/14 03:04 PM
I'm thoroughly enjoying Madden on the PS4, but man, it's frustrating that Roger Goodell's suit gets fixed while the wind glitch remains.

# 30 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Ok, I'll bite. I've been through this before to no avail, but I digress...

1. QB Accuracy: While the frequency of inaccurate passes has improved in Next Gen, QBs are still way to accurate. I like when I see a pass behind, wide or over receivers. However, accuracy is way too high for poor QBs. This causes too many passes to be either dropped (by the defender or the receiver) or caught. Balls thrown too soon or too late on timing routes (curls, comebacks, outs, digs) need to hit the turf more often.
  2. WR/DB Interaction: Why don't receivers and DBs fight for the ball? Going on 9 years of this and it's still not there. This makes passing too much of a binary operation. Should be much more organic here.
  3. Sweeps/Off Tackle Runs/Screens: It took all but a week for madden players to discover that outside runs and screens were go-to plays. If you watch replays, you will see linebackers running in mud hunched over, taking silly pursuit angles and getting pancaked at will when these plays are run. Without selling out there are few ways to stop these plays. Where are the run fits and scrapes?
  4. Dropped Passes: While it may be frustrating when it happens, receivers drop balls when getting smashed over the middle. Calvin Johnson is an amazing receiver, but even he's been known to drop balls at times, especially if it's thrown into heavy traffic.
Lastly, what seems to escape developers at Tiburon is the fact that it's not always the OUTCOME that matters - it's HOW that outcome was reached. You guys will constantly argue that there are plenty of incompletions at the end of a game, yet QBs will complete 80% of their passes while the only incompletions are interceptions. Also, as far as "swatting" passes goes, I don't see that as much of the issue. The issue is how the players interact when the pass comes in. Often times in real life receivers have the ball knocked out because of the hit or they get wrapped up or their feet tangled. We don't see much of that. Also, when my QB is under heavy pressure, the accuracy of the pass needs to be affected. That doesn't mean all 11 defenders should instantly react to the ball (which still happens), but maybe the pass is high if I am throwing off of my back foot, or it's wide or short. These are things that should not have to be explained. If you watch football at all, or study any stats, these are obvious.

Also, some food for thought here:
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/
This is good feedback, man, and although most of it would be ideas for the future, it's very good feedback.

I will pass this along to the gameplay team. I know you guys think we don't listen or don't care or don't want a realistic game, but that is simply not true at all. We definitely care how the core plays our game. Please feel free to send me any additional feedback you have for Madden in general, but try to keep it specific like this. Making blanket statements like "Madden doesn't care" or "Madden doesn't want to simulate real football" or things like that are not helpful.

Also - Please put some time into the game with the new Title Update before you judge it.

Thanks guys,
-AJ

# 31 N51_rob @ 02/06/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Not trying to dismiss you at all.

I guess I'm confused then. You guys (and I don't want to lump everyone in here into one,) are saying offense and passing is too easy, but then you said you tuned INTs to 0 in the sliders and still threw 8+ in your game? I feel like I'm missing something here.

I hear you on the edge defenders thing - I'll pass that feedback along.
Without wanting to beat a dead horse. QBs are way to accurate so there are few passes that hit the ground. As mentioned DBs don't IMO go for enough swats at passes (Think Richard Sherman vs Crabtree in the NFC Championship game). While I love what was done in zone defense this year and am not asking for that to really be messed with. There are a lot of situations where a CPU DB will go for (and get) an improbably interception that bat the ball down.

In the Sherman example I mentioned above, if that play happened in NG Madden Sherman would've intercepted a ball that he clearly had no real shot at intercepting rather than going for the swat.

I know you guys have to balance the game for lots of skill levels and play styles, which is why I never noticed there was a problem with jukes on kick returns. So I hope I have explained it a bit better. So I thank you for passing on the edge defender stuff, and continuing to engage with us here.

# 32 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Also, please don't get on my case about "constructive criticism". I've busted my butt over the years chasing people down to talk to them about issues with the game. I've written up documents with details. None of this was done in a hostile manner, but meant to be part of the discussion. I work in software as a developer. You can only tell a customer "I'll pass this along" so many times before they start to get irritated when it never seems to matter. I'm not attacking you here AJ, I'm just trying to give you some insight into a different perspective.

Also - I have written a couple of blogs here on OS (in my arena) that were meant to be nothing but constructive. Start listening and actually executing, and we will be less apathetic over here. Simply telling me that it will be passed along means very little (although I realize this is not your fault). It needs to start happening and it needs to be a lot faster. Waiting 5 years between basics and fundamentals is ridiculous. 2014 and penalties and challenges still are completely broken. Every punt bounces 20 yards, etc. etc.

All that being said, I like madden 25 on NG, but it's still not as good as older football games by a long shot.
I wasn't on your case at all. As you can imagine though, there is a lot of hyperbole when it comes to people's feedback because everyone plays the game differently. People then tend to believe that their isolated experience is the consensus of the whole. I'm not saying you have or are doing that, but that is why I say statements like "typical Tiburon" or whatever followed by "SMH" don't really do any good and sort of fall into trolly sounding behavior.

I haven't been a CM for Madden for as long as you've probably been writing about it, so please don't assume that because you wrote something on an OS blog that everyone has seen it. I am very interested in your opinions and feedback and would be glad to check it out.

I won't patronize you -- as I never want to do -- but it seems a little unfair to scold me for offering to deliver your feedback only to be told you don't want to hear that.

# 33 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Without wanting to beat a dead horse. QBs are way to accurate so there are few passes that hit the ground. As mentioned DBs don't IMO go for enough swats at passes (Think Richard Sherman vs Crabtree in the NFC Championship game). While I love what was done in zone defense this year and am not asking for that to really be messed with. There are a lot of situations where a CPU DB will go for (and get) an improbably interception that bat the ball down.

In the Sherman example I mentioned above, if that play happened in NG Madden Sherman would've intercepted a ball that he clearly had no real shot at intercepting rather than going for the swat.

I know you guys have to balance the game for lots of skill levels and play styles, which is why I never noticed there was a problem with jukes on kick returns. So I hope I have explained it a bit better. So I thank you for passing on the edge defender stuff, and continuing to engage with us here.
I understand. Thanks again for clarifying. I'm also not disagreeing with you on the accuracy thing. Out of curiosity, have you ever tried to drastically adjust the accuracy in the sliders? Like turning down to zero and seeing how that differs with low rated QBs?

As for the stiff arm and KR tuning, I would prefer not to post videos in here, but you can look it up on YouTube. Playing against like-minded individuals (which I assume you do) keeps you away from the exploiters, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a big problem that was fixed. Trust me, it was.

# 34 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 03:36 PM
Quote:
AJ - very fair and respectful response and it goes a long way, so thank you for that. It's appreciated, even by some of the most frustrated fans.

Please remember, all of us love football and football gaming. It's a passion that has stuck with us since we were kids. Most of us are in our 30s, 40s and 50s now and we are still passionate. We want madden to be the greatest simulation of football ever. Next gen madden is an enjoyable game. It has warts still, but I have enjoyed playing in my online CFMs with it. We would very much like to see things getting to an elite stage as soon as possible, some of us are old enough where we don't have much time left!
I hear you man. I'm not blowing smoke when I say the guys making the game are also passionate about football. I personally play Madden about 1-3 hours a night (sometimes to my wife's dismay) -- between multiple CFMs and Ultimate Team. I've also been playing since I was a kid, so I'd say we are in similar demographics.

I realize seeing is believing, but I hope you guys know we are listening.

# 35 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 03:41 PM
Quote:
This reminds me of a big issue AJ... It seems that sliders work completely differently offline than online. In our online franchises, even turning down QB accuracy to 5 or even zero has very little effect on the games. If you do this OFFLINE, QBs can't hit the broadside of a barn. I think a big part of some of these issues is that the sliders are broken and don't work at all.
That is very interesting. I have no idea why sliders would work differently online vs. offline, but I'll ask around.

# 36 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/06/14 03:44 PM
Quote:
I hear you man. I'm not blowing smoke when I say the guys making the game are also passionate about football. I personally play Madden about 1-3 hours a night (sometimes to my wife's dismay) -- between multiple CFMs and Ultimate Team. I've also been playing since I was a kid, so I'd say we are in similar demographics.

I realize seeing is believing, but I hope you guys know we are listening.
Just curious, are you guys looking into any kind of new kicking method? It would be a game changer if field goals were not automatic. Right now kicking is way too easy. To elaborate, Accuracy really has no effect regardless of changing sliders.

# 37 Hiro1 @ 02/06/14 03:47 PM
I found the trucking stick just as exploitive as the stiff arm. There are a plethora of trucking animations, but for some reason are not triggered causing the RB/TE to run over defenders as if they were made of paper without breaking stride or slowing down.

It's a shame Qbs are so accurate because there are cool catching animations that are also never triggered because the proximity of the pass is almost always on the money.

I'd also like to see auto defensive shifts not reset because the offense calls an audible. For an example: I call a safety blitz, my safety creeps to the line. My opponent audibles to a different play and as a result my safety retreats back to his original starting point 10 yards back ultimately nullifying the blitz.

# 38 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/06/14 03:52 PM
Quote:
Just curious, are you guys looking into any kind of new kicking method? It would be a game changer if field goals were not automatic. Right now kicking is way too easy. To elaborate, Accuracy really has no effect regardless of changing sliders.
We don't have anything to share about future Madden titles, but thanks for the feedback.

Also - I can assure you that we would never "break" news in a forum, so there is no sense in asking.

... With all due respect.

# 39 gameface1324 @ 02/06/14 03:56 PM
Rob nailed it. The Ints are so high because sometimes, no matter the trajectory you put on the ball, for example a MLB sitting in zone, throwing to a deep post behind them, will jump and pick off a ball where in real life, he would be lucky to get a finger on it.

So if you want that guy making a play, make him jump and tip the ball, or swat it down... not take 2 steps to cover 5-7 yards, leap and make a 2 handed Interception that no one could realistically make.

The Sherman vs Crabtree example is perfect as well. Thats a swat, not a pick... but on Madden that is either picked or caught by Crabtree, no in between.

# 40 RumbleCard @ 02/06/14 03:59 PM
Quote:
I understand. Thanks again for clarifying. I'm also not disagreeing with you on the accuracy thing. Out of curiosity, have you ever tried to drastically adjust the accuracy in the sliders? Like turning down to zero and seeing how that differs with low rated QBs?

As for the stiff arm and KR tuning, I would prefer not to post videos in here, but you can look it up on YouTube. Playing against like-minded individuals (which I assume you do) keeps you away from the exploiters, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a big problem that was fixed. Trust me, it was.
Once you drop the QB accuracy down below 10 you do see more passes fall short or wide. That is one slider that does work a bit...not drastically but it helps.

Again not all of these sliders are in their proper place and some are reversed. This really needs to be acknowledged and hopefully fixed.

Overthrows, wide passes and passes in the dirt should be a much more common part of the game and seen much more frequently with mid to lower rated QB's. Seems like we agree there.

Over accuracy can and does coexist with excessive INT's. Especially the INT animation.

I think the general consensus lies more in us wanting to see more DB/WR interaction and animations leading to broken plays vs. a large majority of interactions causing the INT animation to pop up which just leaves us waiting to see if that animation ends up successfully pulling off the INT or the ball flying off some part of that canned animation.

As stated tuning down the INT animations would help a lot. As of now we see the defensive INT animation way too frequently even if the INT isn't successful.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.