Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

NBA Live 14 title update #2 is in the hands on Microsoft and Sony and should arrive on Xbox One and PS4 soon. When it becomes available, we'll let everyone know.

EA Sports has revealed more details, after giving out little nuggets earlier this morning.

The update will include a new Shootaround mode, where you can choose from any player in the game and practice dribbling, signature moves, shooting, gathers and more. The team has tweaked the lighting and textures of every player and uniform to improve the graphics. For those that are curious, the ongoing facial scanning will not be added this year, the plan is to add them to NBA Live 15.

In terms of gameplay, the team has improved responsiveness and control for many of the NBA superstars. They tweaked first steps and dribble moves to be more explosive. Ball physics and pass speed, along with passing and catching animations have been improved as well.

The NBA All-Star court and jersey update will also arrive, along with additional Adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms. A new basketball, signed by the new NBA Commissioner, Adam Silver will also make its way into the game.

For more on NBA Live 14 title update #2, read the blog here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RUFFNREADY @ 02/07/14 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Updates sound great.

Now just knock $20-$30 off the retail price and I'd give it a look.
This is what's, holding me back from the game as well! I aint no fool! This game aint worth $60. at the beginning, nor nearing the end of the year! NBA LIVE 14 only sold globally between PS4 and XB1, a total of 146,841 copies in ten weeks! DAMN!
Hint: EA, get the copy in peoples hands! $60 isn't going to cut it! maybe $20-$30, and the game might start to sell out all over the place! imo
IF, EA is looking at getting the game in bball gamers hands, then they should have made this a current gen game, where there are the majority of gamers!
cheers

# 42 RUFFNREADY @ 02/07/14 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't know if you were being serious or not, but that's about the price it's selling for at most retailers now...
Show me where, I can buy this game for $20-$30???? Heck, Xboxlive's price hasn't even budged! Walmart, is still full pop; Game Stop, is still full pop; Target, is still $60; Amazon, is still $59.99; what retailer are you talking about, @The 24th Letter?

cheers

# 43 iTz GoRiLlAz @ 02/07/14 10:42 PM
For you guys wanting more info about the title update check this link out interview with Sean O'Brien http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-KZJlRncNc talks about NBA Live 15 very great stuff

# 44 The 24th Letter @ 02/07/14 10:46 PM
and at this point I think we have shifted into overboard....I understand the excitement of the day with the announcement and everything...but where all this EA "has been there for us" "has given their every thing and supported us" stuff coming from? They released a game and are now patching it...don't get me wrong, devs in general work hard and I have respect for that, but this is nothing revolutionary. If we want to make 2k the villain that's fine...(even though I have no idea why they are being brought up in a Live title update thread) but that sure doesn't make EA the hero...there's a thread a few ways down that still has some unfulfilled promises in it...

I'm as excited as everyone else about the patch and the future....but let's postpone the EA parade and just appreciate that Live is finally getting back on their feet...

# 45 The 24th Letter @ 02/07/14 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
Show me where, I can buy this game for $20-$30???? Heck, Xboxlive's price hasn't even budged! Walmart, is still full pop; Game Stop, is still full pop; Target, is still $60; Amazon, is still $59.99; what retailer are you talking about, @The 24th Letter?

cheers

Oh wow really? Must've been temporary....I've seen it new as low as $34 at Gamestop

# 46 babythug23 @ 02/07/14 10:55 PM
Quote:
Oh wow really? Must've been temporary....I've seen it new as low as $34 at Gamestop
I've seen it a few times for 29.99 used on Amazon warehouse

# 47 Flightwhite24 @ 02/07/14 11:57 PM
Quote:

I've seen it used at GameStop as well for $34 as well

Sent from my iPhone

# 48 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 02/08/14 12:23 AM
Props to EA for this. Gonna be all over the impressions once it drops in full "maybe I'll cop" mode.

Sliders must be more difficult to patch in than I assumed, was hoping that'd be a pleasant surprise and woulda probably pushed me to purchase. You can *fix* so much with adequate sliders to tweak.

VZW NIII

# 49 JBulls @ 02/08/14 02:39 AM
So basically Live 15 is where it's at.

# 50 loosey101 @ 02/08/14 11:00 AM
Okay, so I'll clarify a little. I guess I am pretty excited about the patch and that may have helped in me going a little overboard in what I wrote. You're right 24th, the should be expected to patch the game, we shouldn't necessarily be applauding them for doing what they should be doing when we spend 60 on a game. I think the thing I like about this team is that, after listening to that interview with Scott, they seem like they really honestly care about putting a great product out but had to do what they could with the hand they were dealt( live 14). I honestly do hope they go hard in the paint with 15 or they have lost me and I assume they will lose everyone else.

# 51 pdawg17 @ 02/08/14 11:26 AM
I'm excited not because EA is "looking out for us" but because I committed myself to "coming along for the ride". Same reason I have both new consoles already. It's fun to me to see how new products evolve over time. Sure there are times of frustration but overall this is fun.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

# 52 ultralow36 @ 02/08/14 11:57 AM
picked this up a gamestop thursday 35.00 used ps4 ver....

# 53 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 02/08/14 01:52 PM
I did a comparison of the graphics in the game now and what EA used in their most recent tutorial video. The one on the right is before and the one on the left is after. The difference is definitely noticeable.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 54 WTF @ 02/08/14 02:01 PM
Interesting. Good catch.

# 55 The 24th Letter @ 02/08/14 02:02 PM
Haven't watched the latest vid...is the tutorial vid the left one?

# 56 WTF @ 02/08/14 02:04 PM
Yep. It is. Looking more crisp.

# 57 The 24th Letter @ 02/08/14 02:06 PM
Yeah, it is

# 58 alexthegreat @ 02/08/14 02:10 PM
For an online guy like me, it sucks we are getting all these updates and I can't even really appreciate them because the game is so horrid online.

Can't believe they haven't addressed this atleast once.

# 59 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 02/08/14 02:17 PM
Quote:
Haven't watched the latest vid...is the tutorial vid the left one?
You can watch it right here:
http://youtu.be/pD5xVJ9WyUs

# 60 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 02/08/14 02:26 PM
Made one more. I really like what they've done to get rid of the "glossy and plasticky" look and make the graphics more crisp.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.