Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

NBA Live 14 title update #2 is in the hands on Microsoft and Sony and should arrive on Xbox One and PS4 soon. When it becomes available, we'll let everyone know.

EA Sports has revealed more details, after giving out little nuggets earlier this morning.

The update will include a new Shootaround mode, where you can choose from any player in the game and practice dribbling, signature moves, shooting, gathers and more. The team has tweaked the lighting and textures of every player and uniform to improve the graphics. For those that are curious, the ongoing facial scanning will not be added this year, the plan is to add them to NBA Live 15.

In terms of gameplay, the team has improved responsiveness and control for many of the NBA superstars. They tweaked first steps and dribble moves to be more explosive. Ball physics and pass speed, along with passing and catching animations have been improved as well.

The NBA All-Star court and jersey update will also arrive, along with additional Adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms. A new basketball, signed by the new NBA Commissioner, Adam Silver will also make its way into the game.

For more on NBA Live 14 title update #2, read the blog here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 The 24th Letter @ 02/10/14 10:54 AM
hope XBone gets the update today too...

# 102 RayRay34 @ 02/10/14 10:56 AM
Man now I wanna go home sick from work to try it out. Keep posting pics and impressions to hold me over until I'm done. Thanks!

# 103 NimaAkaJoJo @ 02/10/14 10:56 AM
50 minutes ago
Attachment 73135

# 104 King_B_Mack @ 02/10/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
KingB... Did you get an in game update as well? I'm downloading update 1 of 1 inside the game. Pretty large, taking around 5 minutes or so.
Yup. Think the roster update loads after that too.

Haven't seen a post spin yet. Still a few too many blocks for my liking and I would love something to help with defense. CPU blows right by me on D.

# 105 WTF @ 02/10/14 11:12 AM
To be honest, I didn't notice much of a difference when I played. Granted, I only had 5-10 minutes to play.

I may have to readjust my tv to see if I can tell much of a diffrence lighting wise either.

The all star jerseys are in, the court looks semi-generic. It could be how the actual court is.

I don't know what all jerseys were added, don't have time to look through either.

I was more interested in the graphical update as I was pretty good with the gameplay, and I'm not overly impressed after the initial lighting tweaks.

# 106 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/10/14 11:12 AM
Playing now. Up almost 20 on the Sixers with the Warriors. CPU still doesn't call timeouts. Still seeing the CPU step out of bounds on post moves, but it's not being called.

# 107 WTF @ 02/10/14 11:14 AM

Giannis still hasn't been freed. C'mon man... one of the biggest young studs in the league right now. Wolters is still the wrong race, disappointed.

# 108 NimaAkaJoJo @ 02/10/14 11:25 AM
what about fouls and charges? are they getting called more often or is it still the same?

# 109 wbranson1 @ 02/10/14 11:26 AM
update looking nice! improved graphics and practice mode! cant wait to try out after work at 6pm!

# 110 The 24th Letter @ 02/10/14 11:27 AM
crazy that Gallanari is still in the Nuggets line up....what in the world is going on over there?

# 111 nick_sr @ 02/10/14 11:37 AM
3 mins left download. thought the patch would have been a couple gb's but I guess not lol. glad I had a appointment to attend to today instead of the job I hate lol

# 112 King_B_Mack @ 02/10/14 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
what about fouls and charges? are they getting called more often or is it still the same?
Fouls are still scarce. Charges are worse. Lawson went coast to coast, put his knee right in David West's chest who was clearly not moving and already there taking the charge, took him out AND made the layup like West wasn't even there with no call whatsoever.

# 113 NimaAkaJoJo @ 02/10/14 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Fouls are still scarce. Charges are worse. Lawson went coast to coast, put his knee right in David West's chest who was clearly not moving and already there taking the charge, took him out AND made the layup like West wasn't even there with no call whatsoever.
damn.. not fixing the little things, come on EA.

# 114 WTF @ 02/10/14 11:44 AM
PRE-PATCH

POST PATCH

# 115 loosey101 @ 02/10/14 11:47 AM
Lebron still wearing the Christmas kicks, nice..

# 116 dpballer85 @ 02/10/14 11:47 AM
Can't wait to try the update. We all need to keep in mind that there is only so much you can do through title updates when it comes to any game. I already enjoy the game it's a great change of pace from the other game. Please continue to post comparison pictures and videos if you can guys. I won't be able to try the update out until I get home. Thanks guys!

# 117 pdawg17 @ 02/10/14 11:53 AM
Update may be lighting and animation tweaks with other fixes needed from in-game update system later (if they keep on it)

Do wish they had at least fixed the glaring things like no timeouts by cpu. Now I doubt late game logic was fixed either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

# 118 Steve_OS @ 02/10/14 11:54 AM
Since it is available now... New topic.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-now-ps4.html

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.