Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 361 P-Dub @ 05/05/14 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
they definitely got a lot right. but the paint/post abuse by the cpu is what kills it for me.
I use the pack paint defense strategy and it helps.

# 362 El_Poopador @ 05/06/14 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
I use the pack paint defense strategy and it helps.
does it stop them from going into the paint/post so much or does it just make them miss more down there?

# 363 P-Dub @ 05/06/14 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
does it stop them from going into the paint/post so much or does it just make them miss more down there?
I've noticed some quicker help, but it can leave them open for 3's. What I do if I am strong side is call a double team then shift my player half way between the two perimeter players in anticipation for the kick out. Weak side I bring my corner/wing defender to deny the post entry pass. It doesn'tcompletely stop then but it cuts down on the easy points.

# 364 El_Poopador @ 05/06/14 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
I've noticed some quicker help, but it can leave them open for 3's. What I do if I am strong side is call a double team then shift my player half way between the two perimeter players in anticipation for the kick out. Weak side I bring my corner/wing defender to deny the post entry pass. It doesn'tcompletely stop then but it cuts down on the easy points.
im not as concerned about the points as much as the frequency which the cpu goes to the post. it seems like about 9 of every 10 plays is a post up.

# 365 scottyo60 @ 05/07/14 10:27 PM
I hear you on the paint. I got mad because it seemed every game I was playing it would go paint post move and then dunk. I started trying to flow to the side they wanted to go and it eased up some. Still way to easy for the CPU in the paint

# 366 ifitbeginsitends @ 05/16/14 01:49 AM
What I do is I back out of the post defense animation and play them straight up, I just don't let them even get in the post animation, it works really well as it eliminates 95% of the attempts at the superman spin. So when you defending and they pass to the post, I literally press the right stick away from the offensive player and it kicks them out of the animation. They offensive player either takes a close jump shot or a pass out

# 367 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/20/14 08:35 PM
Really sat down and played this game at a friends house . Wow! I'm impressed gameplay is underrated. No sliding , no stuck in animations , no overpowering animations at the rim. No stupid turnover animations . It actually feels more sim than 2k .

But the game is uglyyyy. If live up the graphics I'm definitely picking up 15

# 368 NimaAkaJoJo @ 05/22/14 08:22 PM
I just booted up the game, xbone. 1 of 7 updates, and number 1 seems pretty big.
anyone else?

# 369 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 05/22/14 08:42 PM
Maybe this is the accessory update? Booting up now.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 370 NimaAkaJoJo @ 05/22/14 08:47 PM
Let me now what u see.
I've tweeted them to hear if there is any notes this time.

# 371 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 05/22/14 08:49 PM
No update on PS4.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 372 nick_sr @ 05/28/14 07:18 PM
Has anyone noticed any different dunks? I did a 360 dunk with lebron which wasn't bonus there before. Seen someone on Twitter say that there's a dunk modifier.

# 373 P-Dub @ 05/29/14 12:26 AM
I did a reverse on a breakaway. I think L1 could be the modifier, but be careful it doesn't turn into a floater.

# 374 av0930 @ 05/31/14 10:31 AM
Any confirmation on the below mentioned update?

# 375 nick_sr @ 05/31/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by av0930
Any confirmation on the below mentioned update?
No update. Just think he's a new to live 14 and got all the updates at once. The game seems to be a lot more fun for me these days

# 376 NimaAkaJoJo @ 05/31/14 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
No update. Just think he's a new to live 14 and got all the updates at once. The game seems to be a lot more fun for me these days
Nope, I've had the game since december.

# 377 The 24th Letter @ 06/01/14 08:17 AM
Threw this in randomly this morning...it's a shame man, the lack of defense and wonky passing really take away from what the game does well. The former wasn't even an issue until the patch dropped, Wish they would've put more of a focus on fixing gameplay than providing a practice court,..

I would probably be having fun playing UT as a change of pace...

# 378 nick_sr @ 06/01/14 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Threw this in randomly this morning...it's a shame man, the lack of defense and wonky passing really take away from what the game does well. The former wasn't even an issue until the patch dropped, Wish they would've put more of a focus on fixing gameplay than providing a practice court,..

I would probably be having fun playing UT as a change of pace...
Was just about to post about defense making this gsme unplayable at times. Playing the heat/spurs right now and its impossible to keep the offensive player in front of you smh.

# 379 seanhazz1 @ 06/03/14 06:38 AM
I've been playing for months, and I'm still having a blast. I'm not having the post play, passing, or defensive issues many speak of. Once I figured out how to trigger the "glitch double pass" at will, I don't do that action, and it changed the way I play and enjoy the game.

I traded in the "other " game months ago due to its online/offline issues, so Live is the only hoops game I own presently. I like the direction the game is going, and adding better/more animations, and increasing graphic quality would go a long way for the franchise. This fall should be an interesting one in video game hoops.

# 380 nick_sr @ 06/03/14 05:02 PM
The more you play the more you understand how much live was slept on. I seen a guy on Twitter say that live sucks because he cant see what he's doing lol. Get pass your dislike for the graphics and you will see how good live is.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.