Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 381 nick_sr @ 06/03/14 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Trying so hard to like this game...pace and speed are fantastic, but I can only see every player on the court standing still the entire shot clock so many times.

And the CPU dribbling the clock out down by 1 in the fourth.

The flight of the ball physics are so off on PS4 it is laughable.

I don't thing the graphics are that bad, but the way things play out is bad.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Do you have autmotion on? I see a lot of guys playing on live streams with it off and I jist dont know how they can play that way lol

# 382 The 24th Letter @ 06/04/14 06:22 AM
I got over the graphics a while ago....while it kills some of the immersion...(like players being indistinguishable in certain cameras, and half the players having the same jumper) I am willing to look past that....

Unfortunately I can't look past or pretend I don't see some of the core gameplay issues....

Before they nerfed passing, there were stretches where I could have some fun....as long as the CPU wasn't running the clock down...but it just wears on you after a while..

# 383 jyoung @ 06/05/14 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Has anyone noticed any different dunks? I did a 360 dunk with lebron which wasn't bonus there before. Seen someone on Twitter say that there's a dunk modifier.
Today I did a pump fake under the rim with Kevin Durant and he did Hakeem Olajuwon's one-handed "show ball" fake. That was the first time I have seen that animation. It seems odd that Durant has access to it, though.

# 384 WTF @ 06/05/14 02:28 PM
That's been in for a while. I did it with PG several times.

# 385 scottyo60 @ 06/07/14 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
But alas...here I am going to fire it up again. Something has to be said for the fact I keep coming back I guess.

The progression system in Rising Star is awesome.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
This is the same thing that is happening to me. I just keep coming back to play more.

But for all those that keep saying core gameplay I gotta ask people is it gameplay or animations? For once I feel I have to box out and watch positioning on rebounds. Especially because lack of animation makes an offensive rebound automatic 2. For the most part if you play like the real world counterpart you'll get good results. Players take charges, (I don't think I've seen that in 2k in awhile, but doesn't get called when the CPU charges me) spacing of court is perfect and really opens up ball movement when passing is working.

It feels like they tried to make less animation to showcase the bounce tek more and fact is you need some animation to tie loose ends. In the same respect 2k fans ask for less animations in their game which can sometimes bog that game. Where's a happy medium?

I can't help but feel in comparison they have a hemi in a smart car. When they get updated animation and graphics I really think they have something that will be competitive.

# 386 The 24th Letter @ 06/07/14 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
This is the same thing that is happening to me. I just keep coming back to play more.

But for all those that keep saying core gameplay I gotta ask people is it gameplay or animations? For once I feel I have to box out and watch positioning on rebounds. Especially because lack of animation makes an offensive rebound automatic 2. For the most part if you play like the real world counterpart you'll get good results. Players take charges, (I don't think I've seen that in 2k in awhile, but doesn't get called when the CPU charges me) spacing of court is perfect and really opens up ball movement when passing is working.

A bit of both.

The lack of defensive animations to counter the offensive animations result in shoddy defense. It's funny you mention the auto 2 on rebounds because it's very prevalent in this game with the lack of contact down low and every big having access to the two hand power dunk..

# 387 scottyo60 @ 06/08/14 09:19 AM
If we as gamers could get a happy middle between 2ks over animation and lives under animation we could be on to something.

I really think this year everything will get fine tuned for a solid game and I gotta be honest... I am a 2k guy, but when I didn't renew my ps plus for a month and couldn't access my GM mode I was deep in to, it will be hard for me to go back. So here's to hoping EA brings it this year

# 388 PlatanoGames Network @ 06/08/14 08:20 PM
I have noticed some awkward gameplay mechanics when connected to a bad or slow network connection! Try comparing the differences and maybe you'll see what I mean. Sometimes I load the game with my network turned off in the PS4 menus and I get a more responsive game. Either that or I make sure nothing else is using my internet connection (no pc, cell phone, only ps4) and my system isn't streaming, downloading or uploading. Also I have hundreds of videos of the game in HD on my youtube channel incase someone wants to use that as reference to compare to how it looks when they play.

# 389 Mintsa @ 06/25/14 11:50 AM
I didn't know where to put this question, so I'll just put it here and hopefully someone can help out. I didn't buy Live 14 (I was strictly 2k14 this year). I finally have some free time to dip into this game over the summer. I have the demo (i'm online, so I got updated rosters etc).

I mainly want to just get use/have some familiarity with the controls of Live incase next season I get it along with 2k (hopefully this is the case, I want all basketball games to be good). I don't want to head in Live 15 cold turkey not knowing what I'm doing.

Now, how different is the gameplay from the demo to retail ?? Is it worlds apart ? A bit different ? Or if I just want to learn the controls to prep for Live 15, is the demo enough ?

# 390 WTF @ 06/25/14 11:54 AM
It's different from the retail, I've gone back and forth recently. It's not worlds apart, but it is quite a bit different. If you want to just get accustomed to the controls, you should be fine with the demo. The retail has the "practice" facility, where you can use whatever player you want to shoot around in the half court setting, and work on your controls. You should be able to find it for cheap now. If you're on the XOne, it was $11 or $13 on Amazon new the other day.

# 391 Mintsa @ 06/25/14 01:46 PM
OK man...thanks for the info. Live is brand new here in Canada at $ 30 now but that still way too much at this point in the game. I'll just run the demo for now.

# 392 bo_jax2000 @ 06/28/14 02:14 PM
questions about team specific defense. how well was that handled? was it just a few teams or all?

# 393 jyoung @ 06/28/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
questions about team specific defense. how well was that handled? was it just a few teams or all?
Every coach in the game had about a dozen different settings that would affect how his team played defense.

It was a cool idea, but the tendencies needed to be more dynamic and less binary.

The double team AI, in particular, was incredibly simplistic.

# 394 nick_sr @ 07/18/14 03:09 PM
Heard there's a new update. Any truth to this? Just omw home from work

# 395 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/23/14 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Heard there's a new update. Any truth to this? Just omw home from work
Really?! This is fascinating if true. Looking forward to hearing if there was an update.

# 396 WTF @ 07/23/14 06:19 PM
No, not on ps4. Or at least I didn't see one.

# 397 jyoung @ 07/23/14 08:20 PM
February 23 was the last PS4 title update.

# 398 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/28/14 04:02 PM
CPU can sure put some moves on me lol .

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.