Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 loosey101 @ 02/10/14 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Basically the Bugs/Glitches thread was a bunch of wasted typing....and no matter how much any of us love the game, it's not something the community should stand for...

This random directional passing is nuts! What is this mess? I can't be the only one experiencing that...I am trying to kick the ball out and O am throwing the ball the complete opposite direction!

I hear you, I have to agree, while I do thank them for patching in a shoot around mode and fixing a few things, it honestly does not look that different to me. If they could have patched in Roster management, maybe sliders and taken care of the bugs, I would have been a happy man.

The patch is okay but I guess we will have to wait to see what they do with '15.

# 102 NimaAkaJoJo @ 02/10/14 10:17 PM
First off, I really appreciate the work they've put in and actually delivered on what they promised with the patch, nothing less, nothing more.

The graphics is really improved, that lighting made a difference, for sure.
Responsivness is there, pass, animation, ect. it's all there.

Shoot around is fun, nice to have a playground to practice.

Now on to my complaints...

What is the deal with not being able to post up in shoot around? Seems stupid to me.

I'm experiencing the inbound pass bug too... -.-'

But the one thing that really frustrates me is the missing bug fixes. EA, come the f*ck on! I have players running into me, while I'm standing perfectly still, nothing is called. And when I finally get called for some, its always a blocking and thats extremely rare!

The game is on the right path, but seriously fix those minor bugs!

# 103 jyoung @ 02/10/14 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This random directional passing is nuts! What is this mess? I can't be the only one experiencing that...I am trying to kick the ball out and O am throwing the ball the complete opposite direction!
After today's patch, they made it where you have to keep holding the left stick to make sure it stays locked onto the target's icon, even after you've pressed the pass button.

They added an additional second or two where, if the target icon switches to another player after you've pressed the pass button, the pass will go to that person instead of going to the original target.

I don't know if that was intentional, or if it's just another bug. But when you combine this stuff with the point guard pass back bug and point guard inbound bugs, it makes passing the ball a major source of frustration.

# 104 Tomba @ 02/10/14 10:23 PM
practice mode should have had a broadcast cam so that that timing etc stuff could relate better to the view we play the game most in.

YOUR NOT converting me into no baseline cameras LOL so gimme a broadcast

Ha love to complain but hey i can i got TONS of ideas for this darn game and things that'd make this game work and be considered even amazing but hey?

# 105 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 02/10/14 10:35 PM
Is it just me or is it rare to pull off a dunk other than a windmill. I tried using Terrence Ross and all he did was the windmill dunk, nothing else. Had this with Gerald green too. When I used Lebron, 90% of the time he used the windmill.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 106 The 24th Letter @ 02/10/14 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
After today's patch, they made it where you have to keep holding the left stick to make sure it stays locked onto the target's icon, even after you've pressed the pass button.

They added an additional second or two where, if the target icon switches to another player after you've pressed the pass button, the pass will go to that person instead of going to the original target.

I don't know if that was intentional, or if it's just another bug. But when you combine this stuff with the point guard pass back bug and point guard inbound bugs, it makes passing the ball a major source of frustration.

Insane.

So you basically cannot make snap passes with the pass button anymore? Because it's seems like there is a considerable delay there... Maybe I am not getting it correctly...it's very, very frustrating as of right now....

# 107 Tomba @ 02/10/14 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Is it just me or is it rare to pull off a dunk other than a windmill. I tried using Terrence Ross and all he did was the windmill dunk, nothing else. Had this with Gerald green too. When I used Lebron, 90% of the time he used the windmill.

its true

this is an arcade game i ended up turning off out of bounds and back court violations just so it can be true to its roots. the game doesn't reward you for playing sim the way some think it does. Ive played a ton of basketball games and edited a ton and this game frustrating when you play it from the aspect of sim.

for what its worth i approach this game like a new nba street or nba jam just that it LOOKS more like nba live 10

can't say I'm hating either i got it for BOTH xbox 1 and ps4 so I AM supporting the dev team in "having" the game at least. its just not what i wanted or thought nba live 14 was going to be

all the bugs your seeing I'm seeing but those aren't bugs they're like arcade game mess ups that arcade games just have. thats all

# 108 Herschie @ 02/10/14 10:59 PM
So if I already have 2K14, and considering that I'm not really enjoying it much, would this game be worth a buy?

# 109 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 02/10/14 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
So if I already have 2K14, and considering that I'm not really enjoying it much, would this game be worth a buy?
If you're not enjoying 2K14 then yes, I think you'll like this game. Because of the issues I have with 2K and the fact that Live doesn't have them, I really enjoy Live, more now especially because of the patch.

# 110 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/10/14 11:11 PM
I thought I'd be upset about the lack of sliders, but to be honest, I'm happy they didn't included. Sometime I find myself messing with sliders more than playing the actual game. Also, sometimes the sliders will break the game or not do what they're supposed to do.

With that said, not putting in player edits is an absolute disgrace to current/next gen gaming. There should be NO reason why that wasn't put in the game. If we can edit our "my player" we should be able to at least edit accessories or something. From what I understand, when playing dynasty the rookies come in with some really off variations of accessories.

The lack or timeouts by the CPU is another disappointment. If they (EA) really wanted to be taken seriously in the "sim" world, they need to make this happen now. The lack of timeouts also prevents subs from happening on a more consistent bases.

I was already enjoying the game so for me I'm still fine with playing it. I know for others you're a little upset or disappointed and some arguments are valid. But IMO, they have a solid product here and I think the future is bright with EA.

# 111 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 02/10/14 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
its true

this is an arcade game i ended up turning off out of bounds and back court violations just so it can be true to its roots. the game doesn't reward you for playing sim the way some think it does. Ive played a ton of basketball games and edited a ton and this game frustrating when you play it from the aspect of sim.

for what its worth i approach this game like a new nba street or nba jam just that it LOOKS more like nba live 10

can't say I'm hating either i got it for BOTH xbox 1 and ps4 so I AM supporting the dev team in "having" the game at least. its just not what i wanted or thought nba live 14 was going to be

all the bugs your seeing I'm seeing but those aren't bugs they're like arcade game mess ups that arcade games just have. thats all
I don't find it arcady at all. I think 2K resembles more of an arcade style with its flashy dunks an fast pace. I think Live has lots of good basketball fundamentals and I find it plays very similar to that of a real basketball game. Sure it has moments with weird animations that make it look arcady but the overall game I find is very good. I think it's because of the limited dunk packages that I'm seeing the same dunk over again. In-game it doesn't happen very often, just in practice mode. I think this game plays WORSE when you don't play it sim, but that's just my opinion.

# 112 The 24th Letter @ 02/10/14 11:20 PM
I see more dunks in half's of Live 14 then I see in full games of most other games...whether it be the unstoppable two hand monster jam under the rim, or someone completely disregarding defensive position and dunking through me..

# 113 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/10/14 11:21 PM
I'm not trying to over step my boundaries, but the comparisons to the other game really shouldn't be happening. I mean, I could care less, but others may have issues with it. Jus sayin...

# 114 Tomba @ 02/10/14 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I don't find it arcady at all. I think 2K resembles more of an arcade style with its flashy dunks an fast pace. I think Live has lots of good basketball fundamentals and I find it plays very similar to that of a real basketball game. Sure it has moments with weird animations that make it look arcady but the overall game I find is very good. I think it's because of the limited dunk packages that I'm seeing the same dunk over again. In-game it doesn't happen very often, just in practice mode. I think this game plays WORSE when you don't play it sim, but that's just my opinion.

The only point I'm trying to make is that WE make a game sim or sim like. you even said it if you play it sim then its better well I'm insisting that if we had sliders like the other game and could edit rosters like the other game we'd be able to make this game a simulation of that reality WE see not what THEY see.

again i feel the game esthetics are being handed to us and to me that is the fundamental pick up and play arcade game .

i like the game do not love it

# 115 Tomba @ 02/10/14 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I'm not trying to over step my boundaries, but the comparisons to the other game really shouldn't be happening. I mean, I could care less, but others may have issues with it. Jus sayin...
problem is it will always happen because its a game that covers the same sport.

# 116 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/10/14 11:39 PM
Quote:
problem is it will always happen because its a game that covers the same sport.
Yeah I get that, but not everyone can have a civilized conversation like we're having now. There's always one or two guys that will come in a ruin for the others.

# 117 Tomba @ 02/10/14 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I thought I'd be upset about the lack of sliders, but to be honest, I'm happy they didn't included. Sometime I find myself messing with sliders more than playing the actual game. Also, sometimes the sliders will break the game or not do what they're supposed to do.

With that said, not putting in player edits is an absolute disgrace to current/next gen gaming. There should be NO reason why that wasn't put in the game. If we can edit our "my player" we should be able to at least edit accessories or something. From what I understand, when playing dynasty the rookies come in with some really off variations of accessories.

The lack or timeouts by the CPU is another disappointment. If they (EA) really wanted to be taken seriously in the "sim" world, they need to make this happen now. The lack of timeouts also prevents subs from happening on a more consistent bases.

I was already enjoying the game so for me I'm still fine with playing it. I know for others you're a little upset or disappointed and some arguments are valid. But IMO, they have a solid product here and I think the future is bright with EA.
sliders would completely fix a lot of aspects a rebounding slider a blocking slider a cpu shooting slider a player speed and game speed slider a agility slider a layup success slider and i could go on

player rating should be editable but there is a way to make it better with synergy that they aren't seeing that i won't ever just put out freely on a forum for them (thats a paid service LOL)

# 118 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/10/14 11:46 PM
Quote:
sliders would completely fix a lot of aspects a rebounding slider a blocking slider a cpu shooting slider a player speed and game speed slider a agility slider a layup success slider and i could go on

player rating should be editable but there is a way to make it better with synergy that they aren't seeing that i won't ever just put out freely on a forum for them (thats a paid service LOL)
Oh trust, I completely agree that sliders would fix some issues, but I'm just saying that I don't have to worry about messing with them. Honestly it's less of a headache for me personally.

# 119 RayRay34 @ 02/10/14 11:53 PM
So while I was at work today I was reading every impression put up and couldn't wait to get home to try out a few games. So I played 2 full games and enjoy the lighting a lot. Also the button responsiveness is better which is good. I did want to point out one thing though.

Earlier today people were pointing out that the CPU doesn't call time outs. My last game I just finished, Thunder (me) vs Bobcats (CPU) had three timeouts called by the Bobcats. I started the game on a 17-0 run and they called a time out. Then things got sloppy and with 17 seconds left in the game I was up by 5. Any change of of possession, usually after a made free throw because I was in the bonus, resulted in a bobcats TO.

To me this was actually better than pre patch.

# 120 nron @ 02/11/14 12:38 AM
So I fired up my xbox tonight and downloaded what I think was the patch, but couldn't find practice mode anywhere! How do you get to it?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.