Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/11/14 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nron
So I fired up my xbox tonight and downloaded what I think was the patch, but couldn't find practice mode anywhere! How do you get to it?
Just start a play now game and it'll ask for play now or shoot around.

# 122 noshun @ 02/11/14 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I see more dunks in half's of Live 14 then I see in full games of most other games...whether it be the unstoppable two hand monster jam under the rim, or someone completely disregarding defensive position and dunking through me..

this made a buddy throw his controller as I watched him play today.. its a live staple, been there since last gen..

# 123 shutdown10 @ 02/11/14 02:02 AM
Finally got mind hands on this update and I'm not impressed. All I have to say is they better bring serious heat for Live 15 or just go the NBA street or NBA Jam route.

# 124 authentic @ 02/11/14 03:08 AM
This game is getting traded in tomorrow. It's nothing against EA, this just isn't a sim basketball game. The gameplay is stiff and players have no sense of awareness or NBA authenticity. I hope they can improve this game for next year, because right now it's a long ways off from a true basketball sim. This is a $20 arcade game in my mind. I enjoyed certain things but ultimately I play sim basketball and it just can't be obtained playing this game.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 125 DirtyMagic5 @ 02/11/14 03:53 AM
Each to their own
I'm loving the patch, is the game perfect? no ! But it's improved from where it was.
I have enjoyed it almost as much as I did inside drive 10 years ago to date and any improvements all already mentioned in this thread just add to that.

It's just good solid fundamental bball.

Timeout issue yep it bothers me
Subs go hand in hand with the tos
No sliders sucks as does roster edits.

But on the court it's my preference for getting my basketball video game fix.

# 126 BiggD @ 02/11/14 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMagic5
Each to their own
I'm loving the patch, is the game perfect? no ! But it's improved from where it was.
I have enjoyed it almost as much as I did inside drive 10 years ago to date and any improvements all already mentioned in this thread just add to that.

It's just good solid fundamental bball.

Timeout issue yep it bothers me
Subs go hand in hand with the tos
No sliders sucks as does roster edits.

But on the court it's my preference for getting my basketball video game fix.
Was gonna write my impressions but you summed it up perfectly...

It's not perfect but it's my go to game post patch. Good job EA

# 127 The 24th Letter @ 02/11/14 06:22 AM
I'm getting like 4-5 extra turnovers a game just off of these random passes and unwanted double passes....it's ridiculous

# 128 TheTruth @ 02/11/14 07:21 AM
Why isn't the Live team answering for the ridiculous rosters?! This was a feature that was touted and shouted from the rooftops by them and yet Asik is still starting for the Rockets and it is almost at the all star break?! I have yet to get an answer for this, and yet the developer's recent blog talks about all the roster updates and congratulates the Live team on what an awesome job they have done. I am dumbfounded.

I played Rockets vs Timberwolves, immediately was hit in the face by the pass bugs that were introduced with the patch. I counted at least 8 times where there center caught an entry pass and just stood there motionless until the shot clock almost expired and fired up a shot. Every, and I do mean almost every time I do a pump fake in the paint I get stripped and they go after the loose ball like flies going after cow dung, but yet my guys could care less about trying to get a loose ball.

They really need a 2k or Drive cam like in the other game so those that want to play viewing end to end can, and not this silliness of the basket turning invisible. Really no excuses for the lack of cameras not available.

Disappointed with the patch after one game, all I had time to play. Still saw the CPU keep going to the post spin move as well. But will keep playing. Sometimes I wonder if there is some kind of Synergy bug where some people's data gets corrupted or something, because when reading WTF's posts it is like two different games.

# 129 loosey101 @ 02/11/14 08:20 AM
Anyone else notice how the pacers 97-05 uniform shows up as the eastern all-star uniform? I wrote them on twitter but of course they didn't respond.

# 130 WTF @ 02/11/14 08:21 AM
Huh? I checked it yesterday and the right jerseys were there. The lineups were wrong though. (shocker)

# 131 GisherJohn24 @ 02/11/14 08:29 AM
The shootaround is nice, and I admit I learned a lot of things using it too. But that camera angle truly makes me nauseous if I'm in there too long. I'm bewildered they couldn't give us a broadcast camera.

The game itself plays better to me, and having more fun than ever. Passes seem tighter, shooting a bit more fun and I like the new lighting.

Still missing the inability to edit rosters, sliders and annoyed CPU never calls time outs or subs out players. Doesn't ruin the experience, but does take away from the immersion. I guess in turn, that can also mean that fatigue doesn't mean much in this game for the cpu and can affect stats if you're in a season correct?

A good patch, just needed more. Call me Greedy.

# 132 The 24th Letter @ 02/11/14 08:31 AM
I was too annoyed to point out any positive's yesterday, because they were and still are being outweighed quite honestly....but some things I did like:

Dribbling feels a lot much better now, I don't know how some were calling controls responsive prior to the update..haha

I haven't completed a fast break yet, but I did see that players seemed to be filling the lane properly when the opportunity arose.

The players situational awareness is a lot better...a lot less awkward jump shots in spots that should be gathers for lay ups..

# 133 loosey101 @ 02/11/14 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I was too annoyed to point out any positive's yesterday, because they were and still are being outweighed quite honestly....but some things I did like:

Dribbling feels a lot much better now, I don't know how some were calling controls responsive prior to the update..haha

I haven't completed a fast break yet, but I did see that players seemed to be filling the lane properly when the opportunity arose.

The players situational awareness is a lot better...a lot less awkward jump shots in spots that should be gathers for lay ups..

Yeah I agree, I noticed last night when I was playing the Pacers, Nuggets match up, that I had quite a few fast breaks with George. Liked that he caught the ball in stride. To me though, I felt like they may have tightened the controls a little too much. I just thought it was starting to play a little stiff.

# 134 loosey101 @ 02/11/14 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Huh? I checked it yesterday and the right jerseys were there. The lineups were wrong though. (shocker)

Maybe I just needed to restart my console, I'll try it again tonight. Their one classic jersey worked and then I had the Eastern all-star jersey lol.

# 135 GisherJohn24 @ 02/11/14 09:07 AM
Does Live not incorporate injuries with their roster updates? I don't mind that. Especially when some teams are mising 5-6 guys like the Lakers. lol.

# 136 The 24th Letter @ 02/11/14 09:11 AM
I have no idea what Live's approach to roster updating is...

There are guys starting that haven't started all season, or that have been injured all season...

# 137 WTF @ 02/11/14 09:32 AM
On the positive side, they have finally updated the Pacers to have Rasual Butler and Bynum. Granger is still starting though.

# 138 The 24th Letter @ 02/11/14 10:11 AM
I have to assume it's a technical glitch or something...no way they are missing it at this point

# 139 VDusen04 @ 02/11/14 10:46 AM
This is pretty neat news. I didn't realize this type of update was coming until I saw the OS poll on the front page. I know the product is still rough, but they've got my attention for the first time in about ten years. I feel kind of ashamed for being excited to see those Raptors retros included. Why don't all NBA basketball video games have those?

# 140 22cedric @ 02/11/14 11:11 AM
NLSC Podcast – Post-Patch Chat with NBA Live 14 Dev Scott O’Gallagher

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher returns in another special edition of the NLSC Podcast, in which he chats to Arcane and myself about the new title update that’s just come out for NBA Live 14 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. We talk about the various fixes and enhancements included in the patch, the reactions to NBA Live 14 so far, the face scans for NBA Live 15 and much more.

http://www.nba-live.com/nlsc-podcast...tt-ogallagher/

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.