Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show is reporting to Spring Training tomorrow with an extensive reveal and an actual release date expected to (finally) be announced. We are expecting videos, hands-on details, and probably a fact sheet with a full list of features for this year's game to be revealed.

We don't know if we'll get any PS4 info from tomorrow or not, but we are certainly hopeful!

What are you expecting to be announced tomorrow? What do you want to see out of this year's game?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 fnz21 @ 02/12/14 02:13 PM
I could be the only one who wants this, but.....Editable Coaches, especially the Free Agent ones.

# 42 Rubio809 @ 02/12/14 02:14 PM
My Grandmother's final words to me were, "April 1st..."

# 43 ps3veron @ 02/12/14 02:24 PM
Absolutely anything revealed will blow my mind to smithereens and I will become nothing more than a vegetable with a pulse...

# 44 rovert22044 @ 02/12/14 02:36 PM
Anything is fine with me. All I really "need" is a release date.

As far as what I want implemented? Very simple actually.

- Editable potential
- Editable service time
- Editable contracts

THAT'S IT. The rest is just icing on the cake. If it plays anything like or better than it's counterpart, then I'm stoked. Already pre-ordered for the PS4, so we'll see!

# 45 Rubio809 @ 02/12/14 02:45 PM
Guy at Home Depot just told me the release date is 4.1.2014

# 46 Rubio809 @ 02/12/14 02:53 PM
MACGRUBER APPROVES!!!!!

# 47 WarningTrackPower @ 02/12/14 03:05 PM
I expect my Google Chrome tab will read "MLB 14 The Show Forums" when I come here tomorrow.

We will probably get:
  • Some comparison shots of PS3 and PS4.
  • Additional pictures with easter eggs in them.
  • Cover reveal
  • Release date

I hope we get:
  • In game footage (both PS3 and PS4)
  • Fact sheet

# 48 Sip_16 @ 02/12/14 03:19 PM
i expect this.......

# 49 decga @ 02/12/14 03:22 PM
I expect release dates for all platforms. New screenshots and a video or three. Also the infamous MLB the show fact sheet for this upcoming version.

# 50 CWSJ @ 02/12/14 03:30 PM
All I expect tomorrow is a release date . A ps3 video, 5 ps4 screen shots and an update on new mechanics.

For their next info release I expect a ps4 video and info on online franchise

# 51 bhurst99 @ 02/12/14 03:43 PM
I'm expecting some PS4 screenshots, a video and a release date. I'm expecting a May release date just like the first PS3 game.

I expect to be blown away by the screenshots and video. I expect the screenshots and video will want to make me - and many others who have been disappointed by the sports titles, or lack of sports titles, so far on next gen -- rush out and buy a PS4.

Anything less than that and I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

I may be asking for too much but so far from what I've seen on the PS4 and Xbox One, the reality has not lived up to the expectations. I'm hoping this game changes that.

# 52 KHarmo88 @ 02/12/14 03:43 PM
I want the fact sheet and PS4 pictures (a video would be nice though)

# 53 HenryClay1844 @ 02/12/14 03:44 PM
Zombies, something with zombies, or possibly vampires.

# 54 Moegames @ 02/12/14 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

MLB 14 The Show is reporting to Spring Training tomorrow with an extensive reveal and an actual release date expected to (finally) be announced. We are expecting videos, hands-on details, and probably a fact sheet with a full list of features for this year's game to be revealed.

We don't know if we'll get any PS4 info from tomorrow or not, but we are certainly hopeful!

What are you expecting to be announced tomorrow? What do you want to see out of this year's game?
I expect to be blown away and the "FIRST" PS4 title to raise the bar graphically. Killzone and NBA2k "almost" gave that full next gen feel but missed the mark by a few things because of having to rush and get those games ready for launch..now that developers are having a bit more developing time..games like MLB The SHow, Infamous, DriveClub,,etc will start separate from the launch titles visually...With the with PS4, I fully expect the SCE San Diego Studio team to show off their talents with the new powerful PS4 hardware..more so than any other developers thus far.

With the amount of extra ROPs, CUs, GPGPU tech, Mem bandwidth and just an overall stronger next gen GPU in the hands of SCE San Diego Studios...there is nothing stopping them from reaching their dreams they've always wanted to do on PS3 but the lack of horsepower has prevent them reaching that goal.

It may not be everything they want in this first year effort but none-the-less...it's a safe bet we'll be blown away. Sony and their 1st party studios are bar none in a class of their own...and the main reason i am so excited this time with PS4 is that developers have a developer friendly console hardware that will allow them so much more room to take videogames to the next level.

Exciting times for all of us PS4 gamers..this is just the beginning. Like the PS4 commercials say... "Greatness awaits!"

# 55 Cowboy008 @ 02/12/14 03:59 PM
I expect a release date for all platforms. I'm hoping that the PS4 version is not delayed to much. We'll probably get a PS3 video and and few PS4 screen shots to compare it to the PS4. Maybe they will talk about some new features as well.

# 56 Sretep75 @ 02/12/14 04:00 PM
I hope we get a video like this!

http://youtu.be/XXthzows_Xw

# 57 bcruise @ 02/12/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
I expect to be blown away and the "FIRST" PS4 title to raise the bar graphically.
Yep, the fact this is a game made exclusively for Sony's platforms is why I get so excited for it every year. Even as far back as '06 it was easy to see how the game benefited from being made for only one platform. While it's a bit different now that it's on multiple Sony ones, they still don't have to make any compromises for the sake of multiplatform compatibility on the PS4, the main focus.

# 58 Born Again @ 02/12/14 04:21 PM
I suspect I will be playing The Show 13 tomorrow. I have a big road series at the Rnagers and I do not need any distractions. Somebody leave me a PM if 14 is cancelled tomorrow and I will worry over that at my earliest convenience.

# 59 RedMeansGo2006 @ 02/12/14 04:49 PM
When do we find out what throwbacks are in this year?

# 60 Mike Lowe @ 02/12/14 04:51 PM
Enhanced stats, for the love of god!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.