Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

There's a lot to digest folks, so here's my first article for MLB 14 The Show this year. Included is over 1,300 words, a video interview with Ramone Russell, Release Dates, and the new PS3 trailer.

I had hands-on with PS3 and (briefly) PS4, with additional time on both with Ramone. The Vita version was not onsite, but in terms of features, beside the smaller amount of Presentation (as always on Vita) the game is feature-complete across all 3 platforms.

PS Nation - MLB 14 The Show Hands-On Report
(External Link)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Drew127 @ 02/13/14 10:29 AM
At least OSFM will be ready to go on day 1 for PS4, given that rosters are cross-platform, right?

Also, waiting until May isn't a big deal. If it is such a big deal to you, then why did you buy a PS4 so far ahead of time with the unfounded assumption that the game would be released in March/April?

I don't understand why anyone would buy a PS4 for this game prior to any details being released for it. Why not save your money and wait for the info to come out before making a decision?

# 62 HockeyRef33 @ 02/13/14 10:30 AM
Looks like I will be buying a Vita on April 1st

# 63 PSNation @ 02/13/14 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Will the PS3 roster file be compatible with the PS4 version? Now, this is the biggest question.

I will not start my season without OSFM rosters on PS4, but if it's need to be done from the beginning, than the PS4 OSFM might actually be ready by the All-Star game...

Really dissapointed with this May release date as it can actually be May 31, which is 2 months into the season...

Oh, and that green color at Fenway Park is just bad...
Ramone needs to verify this, but I believe that he said Yes to the rosters.

# 64 Babyface @ 02/13/14 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
So, May for PS4. Here's my take on it. I'd rather the game be finished and GREAT than buggy and weird. May is not that long to wait really, and to say that you're only playing a partial season is kinda silly in my mind. You still Have May, June, July, August, September, October.....

My plan is to play a lot on PS3/Vita, then transfer everything to PS4 when it hits.
Since my PS3 died 2 weeks a go I guess I have no choice but to wait until may and buy a PS4 and the show. On the positive side, it gives me more time to save up the money for it.

# 65 PSNation @ 02/13/14 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee_75
Excellent!! Looks like I will not regret pre-ordering this awesome game!! The only question I have is, is "Quick Counts" an option that can be turned on and off? This wasn't clarified in the video or the article.
This feature sounds awesome when I want to play a quck game but Part of what appeals to me about baseball is its more relaxed pace, building the count against a batter, or coming back from an 0-2 count in the box. I hope this option stays in tact.
If you activate Quick Counts, it lasts the entire game. It's an option though, you're never forced to use them or not.

# 66 nemesis04 @ 02/13/14 10:31 AM
Looks like helmets will come off when on the bases, nice touch.

Thank you for the article Glenn!

# 67 mikeq672 @ 02/13/14 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
for us diehard online league and now online franchise guys this takes away a month of game time and towards franchise is all
Ya that was my first reaction too. All of April is pretty much a waste as I wont play franchise or anything until the OSFM rosters come out. Really no point in me getting the PS3 version but I probably still will if they offer a 10 upgrade to ps4 version or something.

# 68 dmankey1 @ 02/13/14 10:31 AM
Wasn't up to my expectations but oh well. May will be here in May and all will be fine. Sounds like good logic...

# 69 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/13/14 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
At least OSFM will be ready to go on day 1 for PS4, given that rosters are cross-platform, right?

Also, waiting until May isn't a big deal. If it is such a big deal to you, then why did you buy a PS4 so far ahead of time with the unfounded assumption that the game would be released in March/April?

I don't understand why anyone would buy a PS4 for this game prior to any details being released for it. Why not save your money and wait for the info to come out before making a decision?
Not sure. All they mentioned was that the franchise from PS3 2014 will work on PS4 2015.

I don't know if rosters will be cross platform.

# 70 Picci @ 02/13/14 10:32 AM
With it snowing like crazy outside, I can still smell the green grass, hot dogs, and hear the vender screaming "Beer Here"

# 71 dalger21 @ 02/13/14 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metswin3122
I just mean that it's a first party game. The release of the ps4 shouldn't have taken them by surprise. And with a May release, this thing had better be f'ing flawless.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
Stop...posting. You have absolutely no clue. None

I'm interested in the changes to RttS that Ramone hinted at. Infamous: Second Son and hopefully Watch Dogs will keep me busy until '14 for PS4 drops in May. No disappointment from me.

# 72 zack4070 @ 02/13/14 10:34 AM
What is the percentage of player models with beards in this game. Almost everyone ive seen has a beard? Looks good tho!

# 73 burjeffton @ 02/13/14 10:34 AM
Looks like I have until May to scrape my cash together. I'm done with current gen.

# 74 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/13/14 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
With it snowing like crazy outside, I can still smell the green grass, hot dogs, and hear the vender screaming "Beer Here"
Thats a pic of Fenway so its more like "WICKED BEAH HEAH!"...or something like that.

# 75 tnixen @ 02/13/14 10:36 AM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

1. All scoreboards and walls are fully functional.

2. Kids in the crowd now

3. Crowd members will now catch foul balls and be able to reach over and grab fouls that roll by.

4. They’ll also hold signs up, and those signs will be contextual. So if a player starts heating-up, you’ll probably see some fans rooting him on in this manner.

5. Pitcher can now pick up the rosin bag and throw it back down.

6. Bat & Ball boys

7. All of the crowd audio and chants have been re-recorded in High Quality.

Everyone of my requests that I have been wishing for over the years on the PS3 is finally going to be in MLB 14 The Show on PS4!!!

I am so happy right now you have no idea!!!!

# 76 barsoffury @ 02/13/14 10:36 AM
Today is a good day. Pretty much got the amount of info I suspected. Release dates aren't very surprising. This is just the beginning of info to be coming out.

# 77 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 10:38 AM
I'm thinking that yes....indeed.....the rosters will be transferable across all platforms.

I also have X-Ray vision....and can see that there is one little but extremely important addition for those who like to edit players.
It's a little foggy right now...but perhaps it will become clearer as the day progresses....

M.K.
Knight165

# 78 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/13/14 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm thinking that yes....indeed.....the rosters will be transferable across all platforms.

I also have X-Ray vision....and can see that there is one little but extremely important addition for those who like to edit players.
It's a little foggy right now...but perhaps it will become clearer as the day progresses....

M.K.
Knight165

Edit the beards themselves?

# 79 kenkraly2004 @ 02/13/14 10:39 AM
Great news looking forward to MLB 14 The Show on PS4 this May. Disappointed by the May release date but it will be well worth the wait.

# 80 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

1. All scoreboards and walls are fully functional.

2. Kids into the crowd now

3. Crowd members will now catch foul balls and be able to reach over and grab fouls that roll by.

4. They’ll also hold signs up, and those signs will be contextual. So if a player starts heating-up, you’ll probably see some fans rooting him on in this manner.

5. Pitcher can now pick up the rosin bag and throw it back down.

6. Bat & Ball boys and girls.

7. All of the crowd audio and chants have been re-recorded in High Quality.

Everyone of my requests then I have been wishing for over the years on the PS3 is finally going to be in MLB 14 The Show on PS4!!!

I am so happy right now you have no idea!!!!

I hope my Sleepless Knights sign made it in!

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.