Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show finally has a release date: April 1 for PS3/Vita and May for PS4 users.

Check out the trailer for the PS3 version. More to come.

What do you think about the dual release dates?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 OneTonneBaby @ 02/13/14 02:59 PM
Just a random guess that may have been said but anyone think we might have a more interactive spring training? Looking at that trailer it looks like players working out and doing drills in ST?

# 82 jmaj315 @ 02/13/14 03:05 PM
Did you guys see the Ump tellin somebody to hit the showers!!!! I'm hoping that it wasn't the pitcher getting tossed for hitting too many batters

# 83 Grnngld @ 02/13/14 03:07 PM
This isn't unexpected. When Russell said there was a "different" schedule this year, it certainly seems more reasonable to assume that the game would be coming out later rather than earlier.

Hopefully MLB 14 on PS4 is a better initial product than MLB 07 on PS3 was, though I think in general, it's probably a good idea to skip the first iteration on a new generation of consoles given the likely issues.

# 84 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/14 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
So does this mean they will have the first year players real faces in the game, because they would have been playing a least a month In the majors?
This is a possibility as certain guys will have made debuts well before the game drops. Guys like Tanaka, Grady Sizemore, Rookies etc....................... but will it happen? We'll have to wait and see on that one as more info comes out.

# 85 aguero90 @ 02/13/14 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I laugh at all the people who say, "The season will almost be over in May." It may be for your team, but not mine!
Not mine either! I don't mind that it's coming out in May, I'll be busy watching the Yanks and all the other games anyway!

# 86 Playboy™ @ 02/13/14 04:01 PM
So No Excuse Not To Have A Real Masahiro Tanaka In The Game With His Real Windup By May

# 87 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/14 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboy™
So No Excuse Not To Have A Real Masahiro Tanaka In The Game With His Real Windup By May
LOL you going to pay to fly Tanaka out to San Diego so he can get his windup captured and his facial/head scan? I'm sure they'll do whatever they can do, but i'd temper expectations on that at this point.

# 88 tree3five @ 02/13/14 04:04 PM
I am sticking with PS3 this year. I am disappointed about April 1st. When it came out in early March that gave me time to work out sliders and to get OSFM finished. It's only a month later, but I am bummed

# 89 seanjeezy @ 02/13/14 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
LOL you going to pay to fly Tanaka out to San Diego so he can get his windup captured and his facial/head scan? I'm sure they'll do whatever they can do, but i'd temper expectations on that at this point.
Usually they have someone fly out to Florida/Arizona and do on-site face scans. Mocap is done in the studio obviously so hopefully they have someone who can copy Tanka's windup there lol

# 90 metsfan4life1 @ 02/13/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Usually they have someone fly out to Florida/Arizona and do on-site face scans. Mocap is done in the studio obviously so hopefully they have someone who can copy Tanka's windup there lol
You disappointed with players not having different bodies for next gen?

# 91 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
With the game being pushed back you really think they are going to do that? I agree that it's possible, but idk how likely it will be. I don't think they can take pictures of NON MLBPA players either. He still isn't part of that and wont be until the season starts.

# 92 seanjeezy @ 02/13/14 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
You disappointed with players not having different bodies for next gen?
A little, yeah. I'll withhold any further disappointment until we see more though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
With the game being pushed back you really think they are going to do that? I agree that it's possible, but idk how likely it will be. I don't think they can take pictures of NON MLBPA players either. He still isn't part of that and wont be until the season starts.
I don't know if someone mentioned it here or somewhere else, but they were able to get Daisuke in MLB 07 (under an alias though) so there's some hope...

# 93 metsfan4life1 @ 02/13/14 04:58 PM
Quote:
A little, yeah. I'll withhold any further disappointment until we see more though.

I don't know if someone mentioned it here or somewhere else, but they were able to get Daisuke in MLB 07 (under an alias though) so there's some hope...
I should've made it more clear. I meant based on the screens we saw. And I agree.. I'll withhold judgment until I see videos of many more players. Also, it's a testament to SCEA that my biggest disappointment is players not having different body sizes:P

# 94 Born Again @ 02/13/14 05:05 PM
The ps3 show cannot be released April 1 because that is when gamestop said it would be released and everyone knows gamestop cannot be right. This is as good a time as any to buy tombraider for the ps4 and wait until May to think about baseball

# 95 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/13/14 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
I am sticking with PS3 this year. I am disappointed about April 1st. When it came out in early March that gave me time to work out sliders and to get OSFM finished. It's only a month later, but I am bummed
Yeah, this is really going to screw with the OSFM people because now they have to wait until after the season is a week old to touch the rosters. And I would think the PS4 version has much more complex player creation abilities (like the type of facial hair), that the complete, final version of the OSFM may not even be done until sometime in late June. Now THAT would be the halfway point of the season.

# 96 bgdg824 @ 02/13/14 05:26 PM
They simply did the dual release dates so people will buy both

# 97 Born Again @ 02/13/14 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdg824
They simply did the dual release dates so people will buy both
I do not think this will pay off, too many peolpe already got rid of their ps3

# 98 MASKoJOO @ 02/13/14 05:30 PM
Because it releases in May for the PS4, will players like Masahiro Tanaka, or others that didnt play last year but will this year (R.Furcal) actually be in the game then? Does anyone remember how they handled Dice K in the PS3 version of 07? I didnt have a PS3 at that point.

# 99 philphan25 @ 02/13/14 05:44 PM
Based on the headline, at first I thought it was going to be a PS4 trailer. So pumped for that!

# 100 Bruinboy @ 02/13/14 05:50 PM
Really, no firm date for the PS4 version? Just May? I expected more ... disappointed with having to wait until May. Pissed that no date assigned. Also, no video clip at all for all of us who bought a PS4? Just a PS3 trailer? Really? I'm sure the game will be wonderful for us PS4 folk. Will purchase the PS4 version of The Show and will love playing every minute of it. A PS3 trailer does little for me at his point.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.