Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

We have just posted some MLB 14 The Show screenshots. All of these are from the PS4 version. We have been told the compression killed them and they hope to release super hi-res shots later.

Either way, what are your thoughts?

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Heroesandvillains @ 02/14/14 08:14 AM
The leather looks so soft!

First time I've ever seen that in a video game. Looking forward to more screens!

# 22 ckarlic @ 02/14/14 10:56 AM
As a Yankees fan, ive grown tired of seeing the "beards" in Boston, but I must admit that they look really good on the PS4. My only gripe is what to do if a "bearded" fellow gets traded to the Yankees in my franchise. I wish there was a way to "clean up" a ballplayer's look when they get traded to the Yanks or when they decide to shave off their beards.

# 23 Knight165 @ 02/14/14 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
For me Mike Napoli's beard looks weird for some reason, Now when they showed Jason Werth's beard in the 1st trailer it looked good, IMO
BSU....it looks like you figured out the avatar on your own....
But just FYI....you are set up to NOT receive PM's.....so I couldn't respond to your PM to me(or maybe your box is full?)

M.K.
Knight165

# 24 BSUFAN @ 02/14/14 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
BSU....it looks like you figured out the avatar on your own....
But just FYI....you are set up to NOT receive PM's.....so I couldn't respond to your PM to me(or maybe your box is full?)

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah, I just didn't read down far enough, thank you anyway

# 25 Jonsco28 @ 02/14/14 11:46 AM
I can't believe this has gotten to the point where we are now discussing how hairs in beards look.

Funny how things evolve.

# 26 BSUFAN @ 02/14/14 11:49 AM
I did not have it set up for Pm's fixed now, thanks for the heads up

# 27 Factzzz @ 02/14/14 05:00 PM
The more and more i look at these pictures, the more i'm impressed with these beards, they're going to look spectacular during the actual game, and also the players with long hair, if it moves like in the Werth trailer. It's going to be special.Imagine pitching with Bumgarner, and his hair moving during his delivery, very realistic.

I hope they release a picture of Brian Wilson, i really want to see him on the ps4.

# 28 BSUFAN @ 02/14/14 05:33 PM
Funny how all of sudden hair/beards is the one of the main topics about MLB 14

# 29 bp4baseball @ 02/15/14 12:09 PM

Is it me or does the second base umpire look different than normal? Like he has a different shirt on. Looks good

# 30 tnixen @ 02/15/14 02:11 PM
Why do the ball caps in MLB the show always seem to have sweat on them? Even in the new screenshots for PS4 I still see sweat. I would think at least at the start of the game there would not be sweat on the ball caps or games played in colder weather.

Is this normal in real life?

Maybe MLB The Show could have a new feature called Realtime Sweat?

# 31 nemesis04 @ 02/15/14 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Why do the ball caps in MLB the show always seem to have sweat on them? Even in the new {S4 screenshots I still see sweat. I would think at least at the start of the gane there would not be sweat on the ball caps or games played in colder weather also.

Is this normal in real life?

Maybe MLB The Show could have a new feature called Realtime Sweat?
The sweat has been excessive in the game for the past few years.

# 32 nemesis04 @ 02/15/14 02:19 PM
The hat texture is really impressive!

# 33 Russell_SCEA @ 02/15/14 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
I was pretty disappointed seeing the sweat back again as well.
I used to work for a "LIDS" same company as "HatWorld" in the states, The new hats that were brought in 4,5 years ago that are polyester (not wool) do not sweat through anywhere nearly as much, and even when they do its usually not this bad unless an odd player has a high amount of sweat in general.
The spring hats hardly at all ever do unless its with someone who sweats profusely, as something (hat)that is clearly shown on every player at all times in the field I really hope they nip this for next season, or at least as mentioned make it only appear on players that have been in the game more than 6 innings or maybe just in afternoon games.
I'd rather have no sweat than this much at all times IMO

Also hopefully for next year now that they got some nice textures, we may finally see the symbols being raised like they are in real life, not flat

It's not flat

# 34 seanjeezy @ 02/15/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's not flat
While your here - the caps and undershirts still have blocky curves, is tessellation something that is being considered for future versions?

# 35 metsfan4life1 @ 02/15/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The sweat has been excessive in the game for the past few years.
How about seeing sweat on players faces.. Didn't 2K have this as well? Or am I mistaken?

# 36 metsfan4life1 @ 02/15/14 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
While your here - the caps and undershirts still have blocky curves, is tessellation something that is being considered for future versions?
And jersey texture.. The jerseys still look like they're really thick (and not like a jersey texture)

# 37 calzonesays @ 02/15/14 05:57 PM
they gonna pull a page out of the 2K14 playbook and have real voices for interviews? maybe shaving cream pie if you hit a walk off homer!

# 38 bp4baseball @ 02/16/14 02:24 AM
One thing I'll be curious to see is whether the baseballs have the MLB writing and logo on them. Up through last year the baseballs have always been plain. Not sure why I've never mentioned it before now as I've noticed it for some time.

# 39 ab713 @ 02/18/14 02:14 PM
One thing I would like to see by the time the game is released is higher resolution textures used for player faces to match the level in NBA 2K14. See this quick and dirty example:

# 40 seanjeezy @ 02/18/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab713
One thing I would like to see by the time the game is released is higher resolution textures used for player faces to match the level in NBA 2K14. See this quick and dirty example:
Wow, look at how much more depth and life the eyes have! Can you do a quick up-res of the neck and jersey as well?

After seeing the footage from The Order, there's a big discrepancy in the textures and shaders between the two games. I know, different games doing different things, but that's the level of detail I was expecting from The Show.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.