03:02 PM - February 20, 2014 by MMChrisS
Skimming through the sports results from yesterday was another blink-and-you-miss-it morning.
Kevin Love went crazy on the Pacers, San Antonio and Portland previewed a potential playoff blockbuster matchup, Boston College downed Syracuse, Creighton's Doug McDermott moved to 11th all-time in NCAA history for points scored, Wichita State stayed per....wait, what?! Boston College did what? The top-ranked, undefeated Syracuse Orange (playing at home!) lost to a 7-19 team?
Wow. What does this mean for the Orange? Does this release the tension and pressure they've carried as they've tried to stay perfect? Maybe this loss shows they're more blemished than we first thought. Or maybe now they can loosen up -- after all, according to C.J. Fair, it doesn't sound like they're taking the loss all that hard.
Sound Off: Can the pursuit and expectations of a perfect season cause distractions that hurt a team's championship hopes?
Sports Headlines for February 20, 2014
- Some Oklahoma student-athletes have been ordered by the NCAA to pay $3.83 to charity for eating too much at a banquet.
- If you missed out on Olympic action from Wednesday, here are the highlights summarized in two dozen gifs.
- When he's not bowling over linebackers, apparently Ray Rice likes to knock out and drag around his fiancee.
- Get ready for March Mardness: Here are four unranked college basketball teams that could reach the Final Four.
- If you're one of hockey's newest fans, it's likely that one of your first questions is 'What is icing?' [YouTube]