Home
News Post

I know we have a lot of graphically talented gamers at OS. Why not take those skills and design some logos and uniforms for the next Madden NFL game?

As most of you are aware, Madden NFL 25 gave you the opportunity to relocate any NFL team to another city in Connected Franchise. The Madden team is looking for users to submit redesigned logos and uniforms for those cities and team names.

You won't get paid if you are selected, but you will see your submission(s) in the game, see your name in the credits and get the upcoming Madden NFL game for free. You have until March 7th to submit as many designs as possible.

Download all of the assets and find out more details here.

Member Comments
# 1 huntt26 @ 02/21/14 02:44 PM
How about they axe this idea and just let EVERYONE design their own uniforms online, for free with a version of TeamBuilder for Madden? That sounds like a good idea to me.

# 2 Gotmadskillzson @ 02/21/14 02:54 PM
I would rather design a better game. They should have that competition. Give us the tools to change the AI and animations in the game.

# 3 MrSerendipity @ 02/21/14 03:33 PM
I might give this a try. I'm starting to take my Uniform Designing a little more seriously and this would be an excellent way to test my skills. With that said, just reviewing the amount of detail that they want is something that would take me at least two weeks with all of my other requirements.

# 4 seasprite @ 02/21/14 03:33 PM
Tough room.....

# 5 elgreazy1 @ 02/21/14 03:36 PM
ARE YOU ******* ******** ME?

So you're telling me, a gaming and corporate giant like EA - who has billions in the bank and spends millions yearly on Madden development - is crowd-sourcing for logos? And the only payoff is a name credit and a copy of the game? Best part (for EA), they own all property rights to any logo submitted so they could potentially use and profit from this in the future.

This is absolutely disgusting. As a creative professional, I am absolutely livid right now.

I am done EA. **** them and everything they stand for.

I will abstain from ranting any further for fear of getting banned or violating the TOS.

# 6 ultralow36 @ 02/21/14 03:44 PM
how did i know everybody would crap on the game?......fellas this is not about A.I or core game its about Gfx...can we stay on track...geez

# 7 MrSerendipity @ 02/21/14 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1

So you're telling me, a gaming and corporate giant like EA - who has billions in the bank and spends millions yearly on Madden development - is crowd-sourcing for logos? And the only payoff is a name credit and a copy of the game? Best part (for EA), they own all property rights to any logo submitted so they could potentially use and profit from this in the future.

This is absolutely disgusting. As a creative professional, I am absolutely livid right now.

I will abstain from ranting any further for fear of getting banned or violating the TOS.
First off, calm down. Breathe. Nobody is forcing anyone to take part in the creation process. It's for those who'd like to try their luck at leaving a permanent stamp in a video game series they enjoy. Quite frankly, I'd be willing to design a set or two if I were able to use Electronic Arts as a company that has used my work. Just my opinion.

# 8 UH53 @ 02/21/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
How about they axe this idea and just let EVERYONE design their own uniforms online, for free with a version of TeamBuilder for Madden? That sounds like a good idea to me.
Thank you!!!!!

# 9 cashless @ 02/21/14 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1

Well, I can't imagine this is about saving money. They could have easily just hired a few interns to do the same thing (and probably better). It's just a dumb promotion. But I agree on one thing... The winning prize is ****ing equal to George Costanzas "A donation has been made in your name to the human fund".

# 10 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/21/14 04:23 PM
TEAMBUILDER!!!

# 11 StL_RamZ @ 02/21/14 04:28 PM
This shows when u relocate u still don't have freedom to choose your own uni nor logo

Obvious no progress was made for the relocation "feature" in CF for M15

Sucks, but what can you do

# 12 SnakeEyez @ 02/21/14 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
THIS ^^^^^

It would give a lot more incentive to people to play Ultimate Team (myself included) if I could design my team's set up via teambuilder... using existing uniforms in MUT or lame pre-selected logos and cities via relocation should be something we're already past.

# 13 Caveman24 @ 02/21/14 08:33 PM
Thread back fired

# 14 NDAlum @ 02/21/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
Thread back fired

It's not a thread backfire. Steve simply posts the material on this website so we can go check it out.

It's a bunch if people going on tangents and using this thread as a platform for their complaints.

Sent from my iPhone 5

# 15 RandyBass @ 02/21/14 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
...you will see your submission(s) in the game, see your name in the credits and get the upcoming Madden NFL game for free...
Hmmm...

If they were to up the ante, maybe keep the game instead...

Until then, no deal.

# 16 oldphart667 @ 02/21/14 09:05 PM
Probably should forward thigh thread to EA and show them what gamers want! A true NFL experience! Get the core game and feel and presentation down first, then do this corny stuff! Geez!

# 17 CM Hooe @ 02/22/14 01:20 AM
It's a cool idea on its face, and it'll make the winners happy I'm sure.

That said, I would like to see TeamBuilder integrated into Madden, and frankly I'd like to see an emphasis on user team customization options added into sports games in the general case. Only NCAA Football, All Pro Football 2K8, and Backbreaker have even attempted to offer the user a robust team creation experience with respect to aesthetic, and even each of those was limited in one aspect or another.

Put it this way, I'd be much more inclined to use a mode like Madden Ultimate Team if I could truly make the team my own. I want to be able to make my own uniforms, make my own stadium, and custom-tailor my own roster and playbook all within the software.

Maybe someday.

# 18 cowboy_kmoney @ 02/22/14 01:39 AM
For all the great ppl with talent this is good.

# 19 johnlnames @ 02/22/14 04:19 AM
This is lame, I remember spending hours trying to find a team with a decent logo and decent uniforms. I don't get why we can't create our own.

# 20 Shady862 @ 02/22/14 08:38 AM
I understand everyone wanting a teambuilder option like NCAA had, but does anyone remember that it was pretty much ignored after it rolled out? Yeah initially it would be great but after the first year and it came back the second year with no additions.We would have the same type of thread with everyone griping. EA can't win with this so just fix the presentation and gameplay. EA's new slogan should be Keep It Simple Stupid.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.