Home
The Golf Club News Post

OK - I have just been informed that there will be an email sent over in the next few hours that will provide access to the Golf Club closed beta today. Myself and any others who were lucky enough to gain access will provide what information we can in this thread. Asking questions is not a problem, but understand we may not be able to answer them all. I will post in here as soon as I have the game installed and have spent spent some time with it.

We just ask that you be patient - Thanks!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 141 OnlookerDelay @ 03/09/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelereign
Yeah, the themes are somewhat limiting right now. And, as Javo said, the beta prevents some of the finer tuning required to really make these real-life courses.
True, the themes are limiting. Only three of the initial five are currently available in the beta. The developers are very receptive to ideas for themes. The Golf Club desperately needs a 'parkland' them, followed closely by a seaside links theme, and then a tropical/sub-tropical them, just ahead of suburban/city theme.

# 142 OnlookerDelay @ 03/09/14 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I finished +18 and had nightmares about playing my round. It's a beautiful course, and while I struggled mightily on it, it wasn't because of cheap tactics. The course is simply just a soul crusher -
I finished my round at Bay Hill this afternoon at 13 over par. I made the mistake of upping my resolution to 1600 x 900 (low detail) from 1366 x 768 (low detail). My frame rate went from 30-32 FPS to 24-26 FPS, and that proved to be a killer on the 13th green, where I six-putted the green because the putter position feedback wasn't coming fast enough. The first putt was a 36 footer, but I then proceeded to 5-putt from 12 feet!? You really need 30 FPS, minimum, to play this game anywhere near the way it's designed to be played, IMO. I knocked my approach stiff on 18 and had a three footer for birdie.

# 143 jmaj315 @ 03/09/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Finally a video of me using the Golf Club course creator. Just a simple video of me creating a single generic hole.

This just reminded me.... What about 27 hole courses? I didn't even think about this... i wish i had sooner!

Quote:
1. Yes - love playing golf, watching golf, and playing video games of golf.

2. No longer shall you be referred to as 32, but simply BOSS -
32... I mean... Hey, BOSS... you should quote that and put it in your sig... that way people know why we call you boss. HA

# 144 bluengold34_OS @ 03/10/14 09:48 AM
This is what happens when you encounter a tough course, and lack focus while playing - judge away

# 145 southernSNIDELY @ 03/10/14 10:48 AM
Nice job Blue, thanks for posting the videos. Any chance you could post a video illustrating "replay" functionality? Also, shots from different camera angles?
thanks!

# 146 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/10/14 10:51 AM
Totally slipped my mind too on 27 hole courses. This is a must as each time can be unique. My local course is set up this way and it is a blast. I think they could make an option for this and then you label each section then when you play your round you choose the front and back sections accordingly. Hopefully they can.

# 147 bluengold34_OS @ 03/10/14 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernSNIDELY
Nice job Blue, thanks for posting the videos. Any chance you could post a video illustrating "replay" functionality? Also, shots from different camera angles?
thanks!
I will do that in the next video for you, which I will probably have up in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Totally slipped my mind too on 37 hole courses. This is a must as each time can be unique. My local course is set up this way and it is a blast. I think they could make an option for this and then you label each section then when you play your round you choose the front and back sections accordingly. Hopefully they can.
For right now the course creator only allows up to 18 holes at one time. This may be something that is changed before the final retail build drops, but that is what it is capped at currently.

# 148 ASB37 @ 03/10/14 11:10 AM
Any word on a more accurate release date? It seems to me like this game still needs some work/polishing done and a Spring ’14 release is unlikely, but to be fair I haven’t been hands on with the game.

# 149 jmaj315 @ 03/10/14 11:11 AM
Quote:
Totally slipped my mind too on 27 hole courses. This is a must as each time can be unique. My local course is set up this way and it is a blast. I think they could make an option for this and then you label each section then when you play your round you choose the front and back sections accordingly. Hopefully they can.
Exactly, I can't believe I went this long and forgot haha.

My "home" course flipped their front and back nines a few years back when they added the new 9.
What used to be #10 is now the first hole. And now old #1 is #19. But they put the new 9 in the middle of the old back 9.
Confusing, I know. But most call the original 18 the inside 9 and the outside 9. (inside 9 has no OB, only water hazards. outside 9 has OB along the left of almost every hole)
Now, on the outside 9 you play 1-5 & 15-18. Inside 9 is 19-27.
so the new 9 are holes 6-14.... lol

I guess you just gotta be there

# 150 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/10/14 11:12 AM
Actually got to thinking.. My course has 3 sets of 9 (27 hole course) known as the Lakes, Pines, and Woods.

I guess you could do it this way and make it work... Create a new course per set.

Tri Cities - Lakes & Pines
Tri Cities - Pines & Lakes
Tri Cities - Lakes & Woods
Tri Cities - Woods & Lakes
Tri Cities - Pines & Woods
Tri Cities - Woods & Pines

I usually do not play just one side first so i would like to have option to play any side first and last. With unlimited slots for courses, this would not be an issue and with the naming, it could be organized easily.

I am assuming there will be or is a clone option or duplicate. After creating say lakes and pines, duplicate course, and re-number the holes backwards so it creates pines and lakes, if possible, if not they could add the option to allow this. After that, duplicate and leave the lakes holes but erase the pines holes and replace with woods holes.

Seems like a ton of work, but it would be sweet to have the 27 hole courses and this is a (long) work around I believe. If you cannot clone/duplicate, it would be even more work to make it completely similar.

Just a thought for those that may want to try this (I know I will)

# 151 jmaj315 @ 03/10/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
This is what happens when you encounter a tough course, and lack focus while playing - judge away
Does the lie of the ball above/below your feet affect how it comes off of the club face?

Also: it took me to hole 6 before I realized this was bay hill lol.

PPS: a little aggressive on #14 i see

PPPS: Way to Tin Cup it on 18 ...I was pullin for you to be sub-85, but at least you broke 90

# 152 jmaj315 @ 03/10/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Actually got to thinking.. My course has 3 sets of 9 (27 hole course) known as the Lakes, Pines, and Woods.

I guess you could do it this way and make it work... Create a new course per set.

Tri Cities - Lakes & Pines
Tri Cities - Pines & Lakes
Tri Cities - Lakes & Woods
Tri Cities - Woods & Lakes
Tri Cities - Pines & Woods
Tri Cities - Woods & Pines

I usually do not play just one side first so i would like to have option to play any side first and last. With unlimited slots for courses, this would not be an issue and with the naming, it could be organized easily.

I am assuming there will be or is a clone option or duplicate. After creating say lakes and pines, duplicate course, and re-number the holes backwards so it creates pines and lakes, if possible, if not they could add the option to allow this. After that, duplicate and leave the lakes holes but erase the pines holes and replace with woods holes.

Seems like a ton of work, but it would be sweet to have the 27 hole courses and this is a (long) work around I believe. If you cannot clone/duplicate, it would be even more work to make it completely similar.

Just a thought for those that may want to try this (I know I will)
I hope so! That'd be perfect
There is also a course around here that has 3 sets of 9. Just named Red, Blue, and White. It's an interesting course, lots of trees lining the holes, but also a couple that are wide open. Hole number 2 on the blue side is a 200 yard par 3 (from the tips) that must be uphill about 30 feet. Almost aced it once :/ hit the flagstick and I ended up with a par

# 153 bluengold34_OS @ 03/10/14 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
Any word on a more accurate release date? It seems to me like this game still needs some work/polishing done and a Spring ’14 release is unlikely, but to be fair I haven’t been hands on with the game.
There is(to my knowledge)no defined hard date for release right now, other than the "Spring '14" you already made mention of. The game is actually quite polished, but obviously still needs tweaking. The jump in quality and improvement from build 0 to build 1 was quite dramatic, and has most of us really excited to see what the next build brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
1. Does the lie of the ball above/below your feet affect how it comes off of the club face?

Also: 2. it took me to hole 6 before I realized this was bay hill lol.

PPS: 3. a little aggressive on #14 i see
1. It now does after build 1 was released.

2. Yes - the guy did a really nice job on the base of it, and now he is tweaking it often. He is also waiting on the final build to see what else they include in the creator to finalize the course.

3. Very aggressive - I play the beta with reckless abandon since it means nothing, and I want to push it to the limits. I also played at like 1am which is never a good idea

# 154 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/10/14 12:20 PM
Bob! Bay Hill was so bruuuutal to you, wow. Is there a club-toss function?

I'd love to create a course that hard, and add some specific sound FX:

--Instead of the 'sploosh' when you hit one in the drink, I'd put a toilet flush sound there, cuz there goes your score

--When you hit any shot into a bunker, cue the Simpsons bully kid with his 'Ha ha!' laugh.

--When lining up your putt, have the heckler from 'Happy Gilmore' holler at you random times: "You're never gonna make this putt, ya JACKASS!"

# 155 bluengold34_OS @ 03/10/14 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Bob! Bay Hill was so bruuuutal to you, wow. Is there a club-toss function?

I'd love to create a course that hard, and add some specific sound FX:

--Instead of the 'sploosh' when you hit one in the drink, I'd put a toilet flush sound there, cuz there goes your score

--When you hit any shot into a bunker, cue the Simpsons bully kid with his 'Ha ha!' laugh.

--When lining up your putt, have the heckler from 'Happy Gilmore' holler at you random times: "You're never gonna make this putt, ya JACKASS!"
Oh how users would abuse a custom sound option

# 156 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/10/14 12:27 PM
Quote:
Oh how users would abuse a custom sound option
So true...so true.

Still, it would have been fun if they'd bring in Bighoff to record the commentary.

(Putt) "Get in there you WHORE!!!"

# 157 bluengold34_OS @ 03/10/14 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
So true...so true.

Still, it would have been fun if they'd bring in Bighoff to record the commentary.

(Putt) "Get in there you WHORE!!!"

HAHA - how many times have we heard that phrase golfing online with our group Dan? - hilarious!

# 158 bluengold34_OS @ 03/10/14 03:05 PM
As many of you know, the course creator allows you to add wildlife into the mix of your creation for a level of authenticity. Well a guy on the HB forums hit a deer with his ball, and this is the result -

He said when he hit it, it stumbled around and than fell over.

# 159 greenegt @ 03/10/14 03:14 PM
I am soooo pumped for this game. Hope we get a release date soon.

# 160 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/10/14 04:49 PM
Quote:
As many of you know, the course creator allows you to add wildlife into the mix of your creation for a level of authenticity. Well a guy on the HB forums hit a deer with his ball, and this is the result -

He said when he hit it, it stumbled around and than fell over.
Damn, I can't get that image to come up...but it's a funny story so gets the like anyway

Reminds me of driving around Pebble Beach back in 1990 (17 Mile Drive) early in the morning and seeing the morning sun come through the sprinkler spray, and several deer on the greens helping to keep the grass short. LOL

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.