Home
R.B.I. Baseball 14 News Post

We haven't heard anything in regards to R.B.I. Baseball 14 since it was announced on January 14th. Nothing from their Facebook or Twitter page.

This evening Darren Rovell tweeted the game will be released on Xbox 360, PS3, iOS and Android devices on April 10th. There was no mention of Xbox One or PS4 release. Could it have been delayed or even canceled? Guess we'll find out sooner or later.

No other details have been released. In just over a month the game will be released and we have no details, screenshots or videos to go off of. They certainly aren't making a good impression.

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 14Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nemesis04 @ 03/08/14 10:35 AM
It will be interesting if they keep this game cloaked until release.

# 22 CMH @ 03/08/14 10:49 AM
I don't get why a game shouldn't want to compete with the others. No game was perfect in its first iteration so now companies must be perfect instead of working toward perfection?

Sent from my mobile device.

# 23 nemesis04 @ 03/08/14 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2thaz
it'll fail to come close to the Show. It'll be NBA Live all over again
We do not even know if it is even trying to run with the Show. It could be taking a different path. I am expecting something very light graphically but potentially very heavy in the Stats department. I would not be surprised if it was a digital download only type situation.

Still, whatever its target audience is, the secrecy is beyond odd.

# 24 Will I Am @ 03/08/14 11:44 AM
Being it's mlbam making the game no doubt it will have real mlb players (don't we already know this from the Soriano video).

I don't really want them to try and compete with the show because of course that would be impossible, at least in year one. What i'm hoping for is a more user involved type game (cursor hitting anyone) and not so much randomness or sim, call it what you want.

# 25 Teirminator @ 03/08/14 11:50 AM
I don't think the Soriano video had anything to do with RBI. It was pretty old. And nothing to do with the video mentioned RBI. The only RBI thing was an ad, which is all over mlb.com. It's very likely that video was just for 2K and The Show.

I'm not too concerned about lack of screenshots yet. You only get one chance to make a first impression. If it's the week of release and there's no screens or any more info yet, then I'll definitely be concerned. But not quite yet.

# 26 Will I Am @ 03/08/14 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
I don't think the Soriano video had anything to do with RBI. It was pretty old. And nothing to do with the video mentioned RBI. The only RBI thing was an ad, which is all over mlb.com. It's very likely that video was just for 2K and The Show.

I'm not too concerned about lack of screenshots yet. You only get one chance to make a first impression. If it's the week of release and there's no screens or any more info yet, then I'll definitely be concerned. But not quite yet.
Ok, I didn't know it was old. I saw it in the original Rbi thread and just presumed it was for that game.

# 27 Knight165 @ 03/08/14 12:59 PM
Like I said in the other thread .....if they use real MLB players and it has good front office options....I'm on board.

M.K.
Knight165

# 28 Money99 @ 03/08/14 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Ok, I didn't know it was old. I saw it in the original Rbi thread and just presumed it was for that game.
The video was taken prior to the start of the 2013 season.
It could very well have been for another game, but I got the impression it was for RBI.
Why advertise a photo session that was nearly a year old, with a mention of RBI above it?

I'm of the opinion that this video was for RBI baseball. But we won't know for a little while.

CMH, I agree. There have been plenty of 1st-year games that weren't perfect but were still incredibly fun.
I think of NHL07 and Fight Night. And despite the massive amount of venom directed at NBA Live, I've heard there are some good qualities to that series. Enough to make it a decent game to play.

So I'm not looking for perfection. Give me a fun ball game.

# 29 Teirminator @ 03/08/14 04:06 PM
That's exactly my point. The video was posted PRIOR to the season. RBI wasn't announced until almost a year later. It was not part of RBI advertising and makes no mention of RBI. If you go there now that ad above the video is for MLB.tv, just like every other video on mlb.com.

Sorry, to be a buzzkill, just really don't think we can assume that has anything to do with RBI. I could be wrong. But I think they capture head scans every spring training, just like photos.

# 30 Money99 @ 03/08/14 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
That's exactly my point. The video was posted PRIOR to the season. RBI wasn't announced until almost a year later. It was not part of RBI advertising and makes no mention of RBI. If you go there now that ad above the video is for MLB.tv, just like every other video on mlb.com.

Sorry, to be a buzzkill, just really don't think we can assume that has anything to do with RBI. I could be wrong. But I think they capture head scans every spring training, just like photos.
I'm not poo-poo'ing your point. You could be right.
But to play devils advocate who's to say this game hasn't been in the works for over a year now?
There may be a link between that older video and MLB basically bagging 2K to make a game last year. Perhaps it's because RBI wasn't ready in 2013 yet and they needed another year?

I just find it too much of a coincidence that MLB.tv posts that video just a few days after announcing RBI 14.
And I don't recall MLB.tv ever posting anything about video game production in the past.
(I could be very wrong about that, and I'll stand corrected if proven incorrect)

Again, you could be bang-on with your assessment. I'm not saying you're wrong.
I just think there's enough evidence to suggest that the video could very well belong to RBI 14.

# 31 Heroesandvillains @ 03/08/14 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Like I said in the other thread .....if they use real MLB players and it has good front office options....I'm on board.

M.K.
Knight165
I'm all in if this is the case.

But recent events (rather, or lack thereof) aren't leading me to hold my breath that this will have any sim qualities -in the front or back end - to it in the slightest.

But like I said earlier, I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong.

# 32 Teirminator @ 03/08/14 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I just find it too much of a coincidence that MLB.tv posts that video just a few days after announcing RBI 14.
That's the thing. They didn't. It was posted in March of last year. Someone linked to it on here right after the RBI announcement, but it was originally posted on MLB.com last March.

# 33 pistolpete @ 03/09/14 11:45 AM
2k has to be behind RBI. I went to download 2k11 from the Microsoft store today, which I have purchased before and low and behold it was not there. There were NO signs of any 2k baseball anything on the Microsoft store on the xbox.

Yep, RBI 14 I'm convinced has 2k written all over it.

# 34 bcruise @ 03/09/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
2k has to be behind RBI. I went to download 2k11 from the Microsoft store today, which I have purchased before and low and behold it was not there. There were NO signs of any 2k baseball anything on the Microsoft store on the xbox.

2k may not be allowed to sell the older games anymore since they no longer have the license. Just a thought.

(Which of course doesn't mean you can't find them around, just that you wouldn't find them from 2k directly)

It looks like the past MLB titles' PC versions have been pulled from Steam, too.

# 35 Will I Am @ 03/09/14 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete

Not 100% sure but isn't take2 publishing this rbi game and 2k is related to take2 in some form, so you may be right.

# 36 pistolpete @ 03/09/14 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
2k may not be allowed to sell the older games anymore since they no longer have the license. Just a thought.

(Which of course doesn't mean you can't find them around, just that you wouldn't find them from 2k directly)

It looks like the past MLB titles' PC versions have been pulled from Steam, too.
Ahhh got it. The 2k baseball titles are still on amazon though.

# 37 Money99 @ 03/09/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Not 100% sure but isn't take2 publishing this rbi game and 2k is related to take2 in some form, so you may be right.
2K was listed as the publisher on a website that was posted here earlier.
But on IGN, it lists "TBA". So who knows?

# 38 Teirminator @ 03/09/14 04:20 PM
Take-Two was listed as publisher on the ESRB website for an RBI game back in 2008 I believe. That game never came out. The listing has since been removed from the ESRB site, after the announcement of RBI 14.

This seems like a different game, published by MLB.

# 39 aguero90 @ 03/10/14 08:35 AM
The thing I'm wondering is how stat driven this game will be. In other words, maybe it will be a pretty realistic game, because mlb themselves is making it. Does that make any sense?

# 40 CbAgGa @ 03/10/14 02:43 PM
was just lookin around in google and found a page saying xbox 360 rbi baseball 14 achievements and one of em was hit 10 homeruns in an inning..... not cool for us vivid baseball fans lookin 4 sum realism!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.