Home
R.B.I. Baseball 14 News Post

We haven't heard anything in regards to R.B.I. Baseball 14 since it was announced on January 14th. Nothing from their Facebook or Twitter page.

This evening Darren Rovell tweeted the game will be released on Xbox 360, PS3, iOS and Android devices on April 10th. There was no mention of Xbox One or PS4 release. Could it have been delayed or even canceled? Guess we'll find out sooner or later.

No other details have been released. In just over a month the game will be released and we have no details, screenshots or videos to go off of. They certainly aren't making a good impression.

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 14Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bcruise @ 03/10/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbAgGa
was just lookin around in google and found a page saying xbox 360 rbi baseball 14 achievements and one of em was hit 10 homeruns in an inning..... not cool for us vivid baseball fans lookin 4 sum realism!!!
I'm guessing you're referring to this:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game...nts/titleDESC/

I had a look at the forum for that and there are posts from 2008...those achievements may have been for a game that was never released.

# 42 CbAgGa @ 03/10/14 02:56 PM
that's great 2 know thanx man perhaps I need 2 look a little better hahaah maybe its cuz it was sumtyn I didn't want 2 see im so nervous bout rbi.... don't want 2 have 2 buy a ps4 to play good baseball game so im gonna stay opptimystic!!!! yyeeaahhh

# 43 RoundingThird @ 03/10/14 04:52 PM
I need this game badly. Haven't had a baseball game for a few years now, and have the unfortunate luck of having an XBOX. 2K sucked, but was the only option.

# 44 pistolpete @ 03/10/14 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
I need this game badly. Haven't had a baseball game for a few years now, and have the unfortunate luck of having an XBOX. 2K sucked, but was the only option.
Don't sleep on 2k12 with the roster updates. It offers some fun.

# 45 RoundingThird @ 03/10/14 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
Don't sleep on 2k12 with the roster updates. It offers some fun.
That's the other thing. My brother and I (we share one XBL Gold membership account) are planning to get the One soon. If I get RBI, it will most likely be for Next Gen.

# 46 Knight165 @ 03/10/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
That's the other thing. My brother and I (we share one XBL Gold membership account) are planning to get the One soon. If I get RBI, it will most likely be for Next Gen.
I thought they didn't list RBI for either PS4 or XBone?

M.K.
Knight165

# 47 Teirminator @ 03/10/14 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I thought they didn't list RBI for either PS4 or XBone?
There's no mention of a release date for them, but original announcement said next-gen as well.

# 48 Knight165 @ 03/10/14 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
There's no mention of a release date for them, but original announcement said next-gen as well.
Okay....we are just expecting a later release date......forgot that.
Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165

# 49 boomhauertjs @ 03/11/14 08:12 AM
While I'm still holding out hope that this will be a viable baseball option, I'm not optimistic. The lack of information is just puzzling. I can see the risk of releasing screen shots if the graphics aren't impressive, but why not at least release some info about the game?

It'd be nice to have a baseball game to play on my Xbox on my HDTV instead of having to play on my small PC screen, but I have to say MVP (with the latest mods) still plays a really good game of baseball and will get me through the season if RBI is a bust.

# 50 woz411 @ 03/12/14 12:02 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 51 woz411 @ 03/12/14 12:03 PM
https://twitter.com/EricFisherSBJ/st...78461576855552

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 52 boomhauertjs @ 03/12/14 12:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...053959754.html

Sounds pretty much like what I expected. I don't care about online play. Only 480 MLB players, so I guess teams won't have full 25-man rosters, which is a little disappointing. Very glad to hear it's not transaction-based, and just a one time fee. I'll most likely buy the 360 version and if I like it enough, the Android one for my tablet as well.

# 53 boomhauertjs @ 03/12/14 12:17 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/12/549...ple-fast-paced

Another article. Not "arcade" in the sense it has powerups, so hopefully it will produce a reasonable facsimile of typical baseball game. Also confirmed only 16 players per team (9 position players and 7 pitchers?) I also like the fact games can be played in 20 minutes or less. Good news for all of us husbands/dads out there.

# 54 CMH @ 03/12/14 01:07 PM
No full rosters? Won't be following the game anymore. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Sent from my mobile device.

# 55 Knight165 @ 03/12/14 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
No full rosters? Won't be following the game anymore. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Sent from my mobile device.
Yep.
I will still buy it(obligatory for me)....but without even full 25 man rosters....it doesn't sound like much to do in regards to front office moves, which was really my hope for a game that was including mobile versions.

M.K.
Knight165

# 56 roadman @ 03/12/14 01:16 PM
I'll pick it up and think back to yesteryear and the hours and months and years of fun I had with this game on the Nintendo.

Now, let's bring back Tony LaRussa baseball.

# 57 THESHAMISASHAME @ 03/12/14 05:58 PM
Dang I guess no video game Baseball for me past May again this year , I just thought in 2014 we could at least get 25 man rosters but maybe its saving grace will be truly interactive gameplay and not some random dice rolls .

I dont hate the retro look too much either but 16 man rosters might be a issue but better than nothing

# 58 Aggies7 @ 03/19/14 08:38 AM
Will probably pick it up for iOS since I don't see another iOOTP for this season.

# 59 ShowTyme15 @ 03/19/14 06:49 PM
Bummer there is only 480 players. I was also watching the PP Podcast and they were saying it won't even have real teams just real players. I never played R.B.I. as a kid (in 93 I was 5), but did it not have real teams back then either?

# 60 statnut @ 03/19/14 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Bummer there is only 480 players. I was also watching the PP Podcast and they were saying it won't even have real teams just real players. I never played R.B.I. as a kid (in 93 I was 5), but did it not have real teams back then either?
Whoever said that is pretty dumb considering 1) the game is made by MLB so there's no need for a licensing agreement and 2) it's pretty obvious from the screens that it has real teams considering the Cardinals and Red Sox logos are all over the place.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.