Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

In MLB '14 The Show, we've added a whole new way to compete against other players, even when you’re away from your PlayStation. Your Diamond Dynasty team is always prepared to compete in an offline setting, earning you bonus rewards to be claimed the next time you log in. When online, you'll have the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in offline games where the AI controls their team. The next time that user logs in, he will see how his team fared against you.

When the AI controls your team, it utilizes the new Universal Profile Tendency Tracking system to replicate your play style. Whether you run a lot on the base paths, play a lot of small ball, or pepper the strike zone, other players will get a good sense of your on-field personality even when you’re not behind the controller. Click here to check out the full Dev Blog – New Universal Profile and Stubs. It’s worth noting that when the AI controls your team, your players do not accrue stats or lose games and your dynasty only stands to benefit financially.

Challenging other dynasties using the Extra Innings system is simple. Jump into a game against any team directly from Standings or your Extra Innings challenge history. Not sure who to challenge? Use the Play Ball Extra Innings option to get view recommended teams with varying team strengths. When you are controlling your team, your players record stats and lose games just as they would if you played a game against the MLB AI.

Extra Innings provides a more robust offline experience in MLB 14 The Show. While the Rating and Division system are still based on competitive online play, playing offline to evolve your players and build up your dynasty will be social, engaging, and more fun than ever.

Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MrOldboy @ 03/13/14 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Maybe so, but we cant go back in time and discover the code to allow it.
All we can do is move forward from here.
The logos are not stored on the PS3 itself. If there was a way to import logos into MLB 14 and beyond it would likely be via The Show's servers. When you go into DD and load up your logo it has to hit a server in order to save changes and such. You can manually make a local save, but by default its all stored server side.

I'm not saying they should jump back into the MLB 13 code. I'm saying I am dissapointed this is not happening for MLB 14. If you look at posts in the past and current one of the main issues people have with the mode is the logo creation. Having an easier creator and the ability to use your logo in the future could really benefit the mode in getting some more users to try it out. I have the ability to create a new very detailed logo each year. But not everyone can so if users are dropping off because they don't want to deal with the one time logo creation then it hurts the mode as its contingent on many users playing it at the same time.

# 42 TGov @ 03/13/14 02:12 PM
Quote:
^^^ I dont get it.
It's a PS3 and it's sad and in the rain because you said it doesn't exist... Just a joke, I guess it missed it's mark...

# 43 Curahee @ 03/13/14 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If there was a way to import logos into MLB 14 and beyond it would likely be via The Show's servers.
But you still need the code that reads those MLB13 logos and translates them to MLB14.

Just like Rosters and CAPs. You could create and save them too. Save them locally, thru the cloud, in the vaults and even to your PC. But until this year, you were unable to transfer them to the next year.... because they either didnt have the coding to do it or never implemented it..

Now they do, so from here forward, we should be set on all file transfers and hopefully including DD logos.

For all we know, it could already be possible this year.
They havent said anything about logos yet one way or the other.

# 44 Curahee @ 03/13/14 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
It's a PS3 and it's sad and in the rain because you said it doesn't exist... Just a joke, I guess it missed it's mark...
I said MLB13 was dead to me, not PS3.

Thats where the mark was missed.

# 45 MrOldboy @ 03/13/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
But you still need the code that reads those MLB13 logos and translates them to MLB14.
You don't have to. That's what I've been trying to say. The game doesn't have to use the exact same logo data that is stored server side or local that the game reads. They export and display the logo outside of the game already. So I don't think its a stretch to think they could also export it out of MLB 12, 13, 14 via the server side data, and the just import a flattened one layer image into future versions. Its just an image file at that point.

If you are resticting it to local save file import/export than yes it is impossible to go back and make MLB 13 saves compatible with MLB 14, or MLB 14 compatible with MLB 13 saves at this point if they haven't done it this year. If that is the case than yeah, we have to move on from that dream. But I would gladly take a much lesser import option in the form of just a flattened one layer image.

# 46 TGov @ 03/13/14 02:36 PM
Quote:
I said MLB13 was dead to me, not PS3.

Thats where the mark was missed.
AARRRGGG! You did, Im dumb... lol

Weeeeelll... take this!

# 47 Curahee @ 03/13/14 02:43 PM
Quote:
If you are resticting it to local save file import/export than yes it is impossible to go back and make MLB 13 saves compatible with MLB 14, or MLB 14 compatible with MLB 13 saves at this point if they haven't done it this year. If that is the case than yeah, we have to move on from that dream.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they decide.

# 48 baseballsim @ 03/13/14 02:56 PM
Quote:
You don't have to. That's what I've been trying to say. The game doesn't have to use the exact same logo data that is stored server side or local that the game reads. They export and display the logo outside of the game already. So I don't think its a stretch to think they could also export it out of MLB 12, 13, 14 via the server side data, and the just import a flattened one layer image into future versions. Its just an image file at that point.

If you are resticting it to local save file import/export than yes it is impossible to go back and make MLB 13 saves compatible with MLB 14, or MLB 14 compatible with MLB 13 saves at this point if they haven't done it this year. If that is the case than yeah, we have to move on from that dream. But I would gladly take a much lesser import option in the form of just a flattened one layer image.
I hope I'm not misunderstanding the conversation. Anyways,I'm thinking they can't use flattened images in the game itself.

# 49 woz411 @ 03/13/14 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vessel29
This may be great news for some, but I was really hoping to see a blog about RTTS or offline franchise. I want to get the digital pre order and was hoping to see one of those before I pulled the trigger.

Uh didn't sony release an online franchise blog a few weeks ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 50 eaw913 @ 03/13/14 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
Uh didn't sony release an online franchise blog a few weeks ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He said offline franchise. They have not discussed that yet.

# 51 MrOldboy @ 03/13/14 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I hope I'm not misunderstanding the conversation. Anyways,I'm thinking they can't use flattened images in the game itself.
That would be really...odd if true. There are plenty of flat images in the game, at least from the naked eye. It doesn't have to be a PNG, just whatever format that they use in the game.

I'm using flat to describe any image that isn't made of multiple layers. In the editor the logo is presented as something similar to photoshop where you can manipulate each layer or layer group. You can flatten groups of layers into one in the editor even.

In photoshop once you export that image, as a JPEG, PNG, GIF, whatever it is I'd consider that a flat image.

# 52 markprior22 @ 03/31/14 11:08 AM
I've tried searching but haven't been able to find a definitive answer. If I start a DD team on PS3 version, will I be able to carry that over on PS4? I know franchise and RTTS carry over. I don't want to take the time to make a DD team for PS3 if I'll have to start over when PS4 comes out.

# 53 jyoung @ 06/22/14 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
hope logo creation has been improved too cumbersome for my tastes and can never really give the mode a chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I always have the best intentions of playing this mode but as soon as I get to the logo creation section its over!
It takes time and effort, but you can definitely work some magic in the logo editor.

I made this replica of a famous snack mascot in about an hour:

Spoiler

I just wish the physical logo space was a bit larger so I could fit his legs into the frame.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.