Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 14 The Show screenshots for the Sony PlayStation 4 and let us know your thoughts!

MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3 and PS Vita on April 1st, while the PS4 version ships on May 6th.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 401 Woodweaver @ 03/22/14 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneomac
I saw that too. This is the last comment from me on this and then I'll let it go.

They do some incredible things on this game that takes a mountain of time and resources. I get that. This may be another. I'm just saying that if they wanted to get it fixed and if they thought it was important enough to spend the time and resources then they would just like all the other great thing they've done. It's clear to me they just don't think it's important enough to get it right.

We want to get everything right. :-). Unfortunately (or fortunately as far as being employed is a concern), there are many things, along with this one, that can be addressed. I'm not sure where this particular issue lies in the priority list, but it's on there.

# 402 tnixen @ 03/22/14 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
We want to get everything right. :-). Unfortunately (or fortunately as far as being employed is a concern), there are many things, along with this one, that can be addressed. I'm not sure where this particular issue lies in the priority list, but it's on there.
Not sure if you can answer this but I'll ask anyway

How does your development team decide which feature has priority over the other? Do you have like a big white board with a list of all the things that need to be done and do all the developers take a vote on what features they would most like to get into the next version of MLB The Show?

You guys should do a video PS blog called "A day in the life at San Diego Studios" as I bet we all would love to get an idea of what it's like to work on the MLB The Show team lol

# 403 sydrogerdavid @ 03/22/14 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Its very doubtful that ballpark village at busch stadium will be in the game as well, the plans for the ballpark village has been public for a while but they are still working on getting it finished by opening day.
While it's possible, I still think there is a strong possibility that BP Village will be in this year's game. Concept images have been floating around for a number of years. Back in April, I created a short post about it on the Show Nation forums. It had about six images showing different angles of the main building. In June, I sent that same post to SLAB in case they didn't see it in the forums.

The team has added new ballpark features off of concept images before. Just last year, the Rangers added onto their batter's eye. Concept images were posted and the extension made it into 13.

Unless somebody comes in here and flat out says it's not in, which I'd be all for, then don't count it out until we have proof.

# 404 lilbiggio @ 03/22/14 11:50 AM
PS3 to PS4 Visual differences.

These helped in the past when they showed the model difference in the very first video. I thought it'd be cool to do it for the more recent screenshots.

The only adjustment I made was to make the DOF more prominent to match the PS4. No color correction or other adjustments were made. This is more as an illustration for model differences and lighting.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

# 405 UNIT-352 @ 03/22/14 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I think it has been said once that Sony will only put in a new feature when they feel it is 100% ready and not any early. Which is a good thing because when they do finally put in crowds being able to catch Home Runs and also catching and picking up foul balls off the field I know it will be done right and not some half *** attempt like other companies sometimes seem to do.

I was looking forward to seeing this feature so hopefully it will be ready in time for MLB 15 The Show which is only 12 months away lol
I really hope this gets in next years game or can be patched in this year for the PS4. This is actually a huge "little thing". With great looking crowds now it is going to look horrible with the ball going through people. It's really going to be noticeable this year with the lack of fans catching balls into the stands and not interacting with them properly

# 406 bukktown @ 03/23/14 12:52 AM
Lilbiggio,
That's nice work!

# 407 eaw913 @ 03/23/14 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio
I think the biggest thing to note here is how the crowd is properly spaced out on PS4. In the PS3 version, some parts of the crowd just aren't close enough like in real life. It gives a weird look to the overall feel of it. So even if an area is completely filled, it doesn't seem like it.

One thing I really hope is fixed in the PS4 version is the holographic look the upper seating areas have on PS3. In the far off views it almost looks like static and kind of ruins the feel.

# 408 smiley3 @ 03/23/14 02:11 PM

# 409 ShowTyme15 @ 03/23/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
This was on Amazon huh? I was going to say this is a new screen we haven't seen. Judging from the Shades McCutchen is wearing I'd say PS3

# 410 smiley3 @ 03/23/14 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
This was on Amazon huh? I was going to say this is a new screen we haven't seen.

Yea I pulled it out from there, just don't know if it's PS4?

# 411 ShowTyme15 @ 03/23/14 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
Yea I pulled it out from there, just don't know if it's PS4?
The Shades McCutchen is wearing I'd say is PS3. Go up a few posts and Look at the Jason Heyward pic and his glasses(PS4). They look totally different, but who knows kind of hard to tell from that angle.

# 412 eaw913 @ 03/23/14 02:26 PM
Definitely PS3. The grass looks too much like last gen, and glasses are the same model from PS3.

# 413 xNeurosiis @ 03/23/14 11:32 PM
I know I was one of the people not particularly "wowed" with the PS4 screens, but I just realized - when the 2007/2008 versions of the game came out on the PS3, they don't look NOWHERE near as good as the 13/14 versions on the PS3. Thinking about the graphics that way really put it into perspective for me. Not that it's a huge deal, but it made me realize how good the graphics on the PS4 will be, and how even more amazing they'll be even a couple years later. Just wanted to throw that out there.

# 414 Aeonix01 @ 03/25/14 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNeurosiis
I know I was one of the people not particularly "wowed" with the PS4 screens, but I just realized - when the 2007/2008 versions of the game came out on the PS3, they don't look NOWHERE near as good as the 13/14 versions on the PS3. Thinking about the graphics that way really put it into perspective for me. Not that it's a huge deal, but it made me realize how good the graphics on the PS4 will be, and how even more amazing they'll be even a couple years later. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I agree that it will likely improve in years to come. Thing is the theory of diminishing returns when it comes to graphical upgrades. Some will be wowed by things others aren't. It's obviously subjective.

I'm just happy to see continued improvement to an already seriously strong series. The love and passion are clearly still there. You can't please everyone, you just hope to please most when you put it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.