Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 14 The Show screenshots for the Sony PlayStation 4 and let us know your thoughts!

MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3 and PS Vita on April 1st, while the PS4 version ships on May 6th.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tnixen @ 03/18/14 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
Do you guys think this is a night game? My guess is yes, by the lighting. And the fact that the other Orioles picture is a night one. If so, it looks excellent.
Yes this is most definitely a night game.

# 62 Sox Fan @ 03/18/14 10:47 PM
Wow a nice tease! It's looks sweet I can't wait for this game! May 6th can't get here fast enough for sure!!!!

# 63 shaneomac @ 03/18/14 10:48 PM
The one of carbrera sliding is incredible!! Can't wait to see it in action!!!

I was hoping to see a picture of the back of a yankee jersey to see where the number is. Hopefully a dev can confirm if there is a 2nd jersey template this year!!!

# 64 xNeurosiis @ 03/18/14 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneomac
I was hoping to see a picture of the back of a yankee jersey to see where the number is. Hopefully a dev can confirm if there is a 2nd jersey template this year!!!
That's another thing for me too: hopefully since there's more power behind the PS4, they have more room for uniforms.

# 65 KHarmo88 @ 03/18/14 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm guessing you get to see Cutch in motion......in another trailer or gameplay vids for the4...

M.K.
Knight165
Do you know something we don't? Hah

# 66 Hayman19 @ 03/18/14 10:51 PM
The crowd looks stunning. That Cabrera slide into 3rd shot looks real with the 3rd base coach and the crowd. Can't notice 1 duplicate fan either which is amazing. Cannot wait.

# 67 GibsonD90 @ 03/18/14 10:52 PM
I remember a few years ago when I just started coming to these forums I made a comment about a lack of Braves screenshots, and Ramone said everyone always complains that they never see their team haha.

Well Ramone, this year I thank you! And PS4 shots, no less!

They look amazing by the way.

# 68 kehlis @ 03/18/14 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I think that was the point he was trying to make, yes.
Completely irrelevant and pointless but I don't think that's a kid.

Looks like a short female adult to me.

# 69 Knight165 @ 03/18/14 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
Do you know something we don't? Hah
Ha...no...just guessing.
He's the man for The Show....so I'm just assuming we see something PS4 with him before release!

M.K.
Knight165

# 70 Knight165 @ 03/18/14 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Screw kids', they got midgets! LOL!
Little people.
Let's stay PC....

M.K.
Knight165

# 71 I3RIS3H @ 03/18/14 10:55 PM

Look at all of the different crowd models. I see a couple kids in there I think.

# 72 seanjeezy @ 03/18/14 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Do we know that the dirt is reused?
Check out the Minute Maid Park screen, it really sticks out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Got to love the same handful of people that will never be satisfied.................like they could do a better job themselves.

Meanwhile. Great job to the whole SCEA team. Looks really good. Can't wait to see it in motion.
Lol what is that supposed to mean? I don't recall anyone claiming they could do any of the devs' jobs, chill on the hyperbole and persecution complex.

I even stated that the lighting looks great and very next-gen, but in my eyes the textures of the players and the player models themselves look cross-gen, whereas NBA 2K on PS4 looks nothing like the PS3 version. In a vacuum the screens look great, but compared to other things for me some of the WOW factor wears off.

Real talk - when did voicing a contrasting opinion (especially in a discussion forum) become a bad thing? Lively (and sometimes heated) debate is what makes discussing something fun, otherwise it gets too sterile around here. Oh well, I guess I'll just stick to the roster sub-forum... Its almost time to start working on OSFM

# 73 Knight165 @ 03/18/14 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3RIS3H

Look at all of the different crowd models. I see a couple kids in there I think.
I think that's a kid next to the guy with the Stars and Stripes hat.

M.K.
Knight165

# 74 KHarmo88 @ 03/18/14 10:57 PM
Quote:
Ha...no...just guessing.
He's the man for The Show....so I'm just assuming we see something PS4 with him before release!

M.K.
Knight165
Ah darn I was hoping you knew of when some gameplay videos would be released haha

# 75 kehlis @ 03/18/14 10:58 PM
Quote:
I think that's a kid next to the guy with the Stars and Stripes hat.

M.K.
Knight165
That one looks like a kid to me!

And nice stars and stripes hat drop....

# 76 burjeffton @ 03/18/14 11:00 PM
I've been looking at these for an hour. It's still jaw-dropping.

# 77 smiley3 @ 03/18/14 11:02 PM
Blown away! Good job SCEA if you don't like these and still complain you didn't deserve to see this! Not everything can be perfect! Game isn't done yet

# 78 bwiggy33 @ 03/18/14 11:06 PM
I love how in the Yankee stadium shot you can see an image on the TV's and you can also see fans behind the CF glass. Pretty sweet.

I'm just so ready to see this game through videos and on my TV. This game will look way better than it already does once it's in motion.

# 79 Madden's Jowels @ 03/18/14 11:06 PM

EDIT: Also these are highly compressed, the game will look a ton better in motion.

Yes this isn't the type of graphical leap we saw from 2K14 current gen to next gen, but I'm pretty sure a baseball stadium has a LOT more going on than an NBA arena, and again this is Year 1. Imagine what this game will look like by year 3, when they've mastered the PS4 and they're dedicating just barebones resources to the PS3 version.

# 80 xNeurosiis @ 03/18/14 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
if you don't like these and still complain you didn't deserve to see this!
Seriously, what is it with this kind of attitude on the internet? Just because a handful of us weren't completely and utterly blown away with these images doesn't mean we're automatically turning our backs on the franchise, canceling our pre-orders, and taking a hammer to our PS4s. Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but I'm sick of seeing this crap. Carry on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.