Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 14 The Show screenshots for the Sony PlayStation 4 and let us know your thoughts!

MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3 and PS Vita on April 1st, while the PS4 version ships on May 6th.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 aguero90 @ 03/19/14 08:51 AM
Ah, wish I could see these...

# 142 DeerSteak @ 03/19/14 09:09 AM
something really weird going on in Pedroia's pants there as he throws...

# 143 BSUFAN @ 03/19/14 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So those of us that like it can over and over say how much we like it but those who have criticism have to drop it immediately?

That's not how it works here. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
I get it, all I am just saying is

# 144 Rubio809 @ 03/19/14 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Ah, wish I could see these...

You can aguero. You really really can!!

# 145 aguero90 @ 03/19/14 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
You can aguero. You really really can!!
lol! It's times like these where I wish I wasn't visually impaired! Once I get my ps4 copy, even I, who can only see a bit out of my left eye will be able to see how awesome this game is!!

# 146 Sip_16 @ 03/19/14 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That sounds like a Blzer kind of thing to do.

Don't steal my thunder!
You still got talking in 3rd person going for you tho! haha

# 147 Sip_16 @ 03/19/14 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Two things:

1. Screenshots look great despite the whining on minor things such as Blue Jays jersey color or dirt.

2. You can't please everyone so there is no use in trying.
I am a Blue Jays fan and i dont whine about the jersey color, do i wish it was correct? Of course it is an annoyance but not everything will ever be perfect and I am okay with that.
It is the same when it came to something like kids in the crowd or ball boys... i could care less if they were in the game but to some people they want it and when they mentioned it, someone would say they were whining and if its something you like nothing wrong with expressing it (everyone likes or wants what they want)
Pointing out a fact in a constructive way is not whining...whining about whining is whining. LOL

# 148 Jistic @ 03/19/14 09:32 AM
If you're gonna bitch about these screenshots just stop playing video games. I can only imagine when this thing is in motion on my big screen with dolby digital surround sound. I probably won't play anything else until September.

# 149 Lovesports @ 03/19/14 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
WOW ( Sleeves need work, period! )

Thanks for noticing now move on please , if you don't like the product don't buy it !!!
Another one...what's with you guys??? It's okay to have complaints, I didn't know we all had to hudle up and praise the s... out of the game. I could say the same to you, if you think it's so great just buy it and be quiet. In America we have the feeedom of speech young fella, that means everyone's opinion is equally valuable.

# 150 HustlinOwl @ 03/19/14 09:43 AM
screens really never do any game justice same as youtube clips, now imagine this is 1080P native @ 60FPS!!!!! Still waiting on some screens of those crowd signs and are they dependent or team specific and not just generic for entire league?? nvm answered my question

• Team specific, player specific, team generic crowd signs (PS4 Only)

# 151 Lovesports @ 03/19/14 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I dont mean to sound condescending or anything with what I said, but the devs even said it's not changing, and people keep whining about it. It's not like player sleeves break or make this game. I play this game to PLAY this GAME. If I want to have something uber realistic, I'll drive to a field and play for real. My point is, the devs do an amazing job making this game play as realistic as possible. And it does. Why can't people just appreciate that? No, they gotta nit pick about the smallest details. You want realism? Go to the fields yourself.
Thank you for elaborating, I can live wth that. Wasn't aware that it's been addressed, and I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the game because I'm definitely not. The Show has been my favorite game for 6 years now. Every year a wish list or a list of complaints comes out, and it's the main reason why the game is as good as it is. We're finally getting bat boys because people complained about it for like 5 years lol. Constructive criticism is a good thing and makes games better, just my 0.02

# 152 munky1307 @ 03/19/14 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Oh my.

Just look at the detail in the crowd on this one...

They werent kidding about them being the same polygon count as PS3 players.

Insane detail, honestly the crowd improvements for me will add to the immersion as much as anything else.

Give yourselves a round of SCEA.

Tremendous.

Is the guy in white stretching upwards to look over the guy in black (left of 3B coach) in the first row?? Lol

Man I have never played The Show and bought a PS4 partially for that reason. Coming from a MLB2k guy let me give a fresh perspective. I just about fainted when I saw these. The detail is unbelievable. I can't wait to see these in motion.

SCEA, you have done some awesome work here. You should be proud!!

# 153 sroz39 @ 03/19/14 09:50 AM
My feelings on this are that the screens ARE underwhelming...but all of next gen has been. Even Killzone which was built specifically for next gen doesn't look leaps a d bounds better than games like GTA5, Last of Us, Uncharted 3 etc. The move to these next gen systems has been the smallest leap, IMO, as far as wow factor goes when compared to previous transitions.

With all that said, and keeping in my mind my new expectations for games this gen, these screens look absolutely stunning. People keep bringing up NBA 2K14. Obviously, the player models look great. But the arenas are awful. In these screens, the stadiums, crowd, lighting all look spectacular. The player models could obviously use a little work in some aspects like the floating sleeves and the boxyish look to their shoulders...but as far as first efforts go, the overall package wows me far more than games like NBA, Killzone and all the other games considered to be the best looking next gen games.

Well done SCEA. As always, first class effort. If you guys have any doubts as to where this series is headed visually, go back and look at screens of The Show 07 on PS3...and where the last gen Show ended up. Future is looking bright indeed. May 6th can't come soon enough.

# 154 aguero90 @ 03/19/14 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
If you're gonna bitch about these screenshots just stop playing video games. I can only imagine when this thing is in motion on my big screen with dolby digital surround sound. I probably won't play anything else until September.
Now that's what I'm talking about!! My 50 inch tv and surround sound is ready!

# 155 MDgolf @ 03/19/14 10:01 AM
What's the issue with sleeves?

# 156 LastActionHero @ 03/19/14 10:13 AM
Holy mother of digital baseball heaven!
That looks amazing. You know what they say, a picture says more than a 1000 words but in this case I think a video will say even more than a 1000 screenshots

I love how SCEA always improves on things that we don't necessarily have high on our list like the crowds for example. I never really cared that much about it but now that I see these screens I know it will make the whole experience that much more exciting!

# 157 HustlinOwl @ 03/19/14 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
My feelings on this are that the screens ARE underwhelming...but all of next gen has been. Even Killzone which was built specifically for next gen doesn't look leaps a d bounds better than games like GTA5, Last of Us, Uncharted 3 etc. The move to these next gen systems has been the smallest leap, IMO, as far as wow factor goes when compared to previous transitions.
Remember we were going from SD PS2/Xbox and into the HD 1080P/720 with 360/PS3 hate when I hear these comments and people fail to realize that

# 158 Aggies7 @ 03/19/14 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Remember we were going from SD PS2/Xbox and into the HD 1080P/720 with 360/PS3 hate when I hear these comments and people fail to realize that

I agree it gets to the point where we won't see a huge difference like we once did.

But even with that it still looks great to me and looks like a dramatic improvement.

# 159 fiedler2k3 @ 03/19/14 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Its not a port in any way shape or form as confirmed by the developers.

Judging by most of your posts its clear you have an agenda here one would suggest.

edit: considering you started this gem of a thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-baseball.html then i think we'll take your opinions with a truckload of salt, and the rest.
that was a simple though that I have and a simple opinion, the same as now, to me The Show is a great game, I played every year but every year has been played less because has become slate with no improvements on the player models and the same commentary for years and years, I was hoping for a big jump over the PS4 but is not happening now, in my opinion, the game looks just a little better than PS3, but like I said every other PS4 game has been like that, only NBA 2K14 make a good jump on player faces and some details, but the PS3 version of NBA 2K was NOT on the same level as The Show, FIFA suffer the same problem, they were already too amazing on PS3, is just a minor upgrade, thats my opinion, put salt or sugar if you want to, but I dont see that much of a difference.

# 160 Eman5805 @ 03/19/14 10:31 AM
Where are all the gnats and mosquitoes? There's always some of them. And why can't I smell them ratchet fans that don't wipe completely through the screen?

Quit slippin', SCEA!

But that glove texture map and volumetric bloom lighting tho! *drools like Homer Simpson*

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.