01:49 PM - March 19, 2014 by MMChrisS
Bo knows baseball. Bo knows football. Bo wants Russell Wilson to know he should stick to football.
The quarterback of the Super Bowl Champion Seahawks may be feeling like a new challenge awaits with the Texas Rangers after already reaching the pinnacle of the NFL world, but one of the greatest two-sport athletes of our lifetime is calling for an audible.
According to CSNChicago, Jackson stated:
|"Twenty-five or 30 years ago when I did it, I'm not trying to say anything negative about other athletes, but the talent pool wasn't that deep. In this day and age, with all the high-tech training, computer-engineered workouts and the proper food and diet, if you try to concentrate on two sports, I guarantee you're going to ride the bench in both because the talent is that deep. Stick to whatever sport you're comfortable with and let everything else go."|
Obviously it's Wilson's career and he can do with it what he chooses. But is it any coincidence that we're 19-years to the day when Michael Jordan returned from one of his retirements? Dual-sport stars are a rare breed and professional athletes tend to burn with an Alpha Dog desire to be the best -- something Wilson may find hard to turn down when comparing his youth to the prospects of a baseball career.
Sound Off: Should Russell Wilson pursue a career in baseball or stick to the NFL?
Sports Headlines for March 19, 2014
- Check out the bend on this long-range goal from a Japanese second division match. [Animated Gif]
- An 81-year-old man bowls his first perfect game.
- NBA Video Throwback: MJ finally dunks on Dikembe Mutumbo. [YouTube]
- MMA is a highly technical sport -- and then sometimes you get knocked out in 1.3 seconds.
- A new deadlift world record has been set: Over one ton -- 1,155 lbs! [YouTube]