Home
News Post

Bo knows baseball. Bo knows football. Bo wants Russell Wilson to know he should stick to football.

The quarterback of the Super Bowl Champion Seahawks may be feeling like a new challenge awaits with the Texas Rangers after already reaching the pinnacle of the NFL world, but one of the greatest two-sport athletes of our lifetime is calling for an audible.

According to CSNChicago, Jackson stated:

Quote:
"Twenty-five or 30 years ago when I did it, I'm not trying to say anything negative about other athletes, but the talent pool wasn't that deep. In this day and age, with all the high-tech training, computer-engineered workouts and the proper food and diet, if you try to concentrate on two sports, I guarantee you're going to ride the bench in both because the talent is that deep. Stick to whatever sport you're comfortable with and let everything else go."

Obviously it's Wilson's career and he can do with it what he chooses. But is it any coincidence that we're 19-years to the day when Michael Jordan returned from one of his retirements? Dual-sport stars are a rare breed and professional athletes tend to burn with an Alpha Dog desire to be the best -- something Wilson may find hard to turn down when comparing his youth to the prospects of a baseball career.

Sound Off: Should Russell Wilson pursue a career in baseball or stick to the NFL?

Sports Headlines for March 19, 2014

Game: MLBReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 WaddupCouzin @ 03/19/14 03:03 PM
With football being an all year sport at this point, with OTA's and what not, I just don't think you would have the time to devote to Baseball, If you're a football player.

# 2 oldman @ 03/20/14 10:17 AM
I just noticed this, I thought a ton was 2000 lbs?

# 3 jmik58 @ 03/20/14 10:26 AM
@oldman ... it is. My fingers didn't type what my brain was wanting to say -- should say over half a ton.

# 4 gsize19 @ 03/21/14 11:07 PM
Russell is a gifted athlete, if he can do it, at a player for a spot, he is obviously the best option for that position, so what hold him out? Some people are just such gifted athletes, I see nothing wrong with two sport professional athletes. To reach that pinnacle, you have to be good, bottom line. I hope he does it, and makes it... But would be cool if he could do it in Seattle. I would have liked to have seen Neon Deion as a Bengal while he was a Red...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.