Home
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

According to PlayStation.Blog, the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil demo will arrive tomorrow, April 1st. Odds are it will arrive tomorrow for the 360 as well, but we haven't seen anything official yet.

More details should be coming later today. We will update this post when we hear anything else.

As most of you already know, 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is exclusive to PS3 and 360, it ships on April 15th. For PS4 and Xbox One users, you will see a range of World Cup content and tournaments within FUT.

Thanks for the heads up ezio.

UPDATE: GoodGameBro mentions the 360 demo should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ezio @ 03/31/14 06:53 PM
I just hope it shows up tomorrow. It wouldn't be the first time something was on the playstation blog and didn't make it. However, EA usually release their demos 2 weeks before release so I think we will get it.

# 2 ADHAMM3R @ 03/31/14 09:16 PM
still debating whether or not I will get this... Kinda want it, as it has a bit more updated gameplay from the looks of the video I just watched. But I have FIFA 14 already.... I guess I will play the demo and wait for a bit after the reviews start coming in.

I imagine the final game will still be around $60, yeah?

# 3 ADHAMM3R @ 03/31/14 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz Millenium
It will be $60 and they did the same thing with 2010. If you want the prime presentation, updated gameplay mechanics that will be prime features in every FIFA game after (the current penalty kick mechanic was introduced in 2010 WC), and a great soundtrack, then get this.

In my opinion, World Cup 2010 was the best FIFA game I've ever played and no FIFA has come close to me getting immersed (the world cup celebration gave me goosebumps) in it. So 2014 WC should definitely follow suit and from what I've seen, it looks that way too.

I think it's worth the $60.
I think one of the things I'm most concerned about is the game's longevity. Whether or not it will keep me playing it long enough will determine if I get it. I'm a big career mode guy in FIFA 14, which has a lot of longevity in it. It just seems like there isn't anything in that game itself that I couldn't finish in a day (if I were to play the whole day). I get that its a good party type of game. Sit down with a bunch of friends and do a qualifying/WC run.

# 4 HenryClay1844 @ 03/31/14 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAMM3R
I think one of the things I'm most concerned about is the game's longevity. Whether or not it will keep me playing it long enough will determine if I get it. I'm a big career mode guy in FIFA 14, which has a lot of longevity in it. It just seems like there isn't anything in that game itself that I couldn't finish in a day (if I were to play the whole day). I get that its a good party type of game. Sit down with a bunch of friends and do a qualifying/WC run.
How about trying to reply all the qualifiers. That is something to keep you going. Play every qualifier with every nation.

# 5 eagletal88 @ 04/01/14 08:44 AM
Longevity is different for different people. I don't play games online. This is a personal preference, as I enjoy playing games at my own pace. My longevity will come from playing Captain your Country mode with a local friend and trying to win the world cup together.

Thankfully EA still recognizes that not everyone wants to play games online, so they still put a lot of effort in the offline mode. The day games are made for online only is the day I stop gaming.

# 6 ADHAMM3R @ 04/01/14 11:27 AM
I play a lot of FIFA. On a day where I have nothing else to do except play, I can easily play for 8-9 hours non-stop. I'm downloading the demo right now, so once I get into it, we will see. Just from watching some videos, I am swayed more towards getting it.

Btw, is Captain Your Country playable online with friends or just local?

That in itself my be reason alone to get it. Have a lot of friends in Germany and around the USA that would love to play with me.

# 7 eagletal88 @ 04/01/14 01:49 PM
Just local

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.