Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The PlayStation Store has been updated and you can now pre-order the Day 1 digital download of MLB 14 The Show for the PS4. It should be available at 12:01 AM on May 6th for those of you that are interested.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 seasprite @ 04/01/14 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Bout damn time. LMAO Thanks man!
off topic, but is that avatar a live shot or from the game??

# 2 CRIP4LIFE @ 04/01/14 03:51 PM
is you credit card charged now upon pre-order from psn digital store?

or do you get charged upon actual download on may 6th?

# 3 stephenk24 @ 04/01/14 06:03 PM
Anyone know if you can pre-order it from the EU store yet?

# 4 Cavicchi @ 04/01/14 06:07 PM
It says something about remotely downloading the game after purchase. I got to the point of confirming purchase but didn't see that remote... option so backed out. Are you seeing that remote option after confirming purchase?

# 5 Hayman19 @ 04/01/14 06:27 PM
When clicking add to cart, it says: "Please go to the PS Store on PS4 at any time after 12:01am EST on May 6 to download your game."

So I cant download it now and on the 6th it will just be ready to play? What is the point in pre ordering a digital release then if I cant preload the game?

# 6 MrOldboy @ 04/01/14 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I used a PSN card, so idk. But I'd imagine it's when you get it. Most places dont charge Pre-Orders until they're available.
Digital games are different. On PSN you have to technically add funds to the account and then buy the game.

When you preoder it'll ask you if you want to add $59.99 to your funds and buy the game.

When I preordered MLB 14 on PS3 (and any other game) it shows as a normal product purchase, but the product is a preorder. Same for Steam and other digital preorders. Then when the game is available the system makes the retail version free on your account, so you then make a 2nd purchase for $0.00 which is the game.

I believe you can cancel a preorder by calling Sony, I've heard of people doing that. But once the game is released you cannot get a refund.

# 7 Dragonshark @ 04/01/14 10:35 PM
They could at least add a pre order bonus like they did last year.

# 8 CWSJ @ 04/01/14 10:52 PM
Is there no pre order bonus for digital? I thought I seen ps3 version had a bonus for digital

# 9 Billgood33 @ 04/02/14 01:12 AM
Hey quick question I am new to all this if I get this is it like I got it at the store? Like the full
Game and all? Also will I still be able to play if I lets say move an lose internet connection

# 10 ASUBoy93 @ 04/02/14 01:39 AM
I know how I am using my PSN cards now!!! Finally get to own The Show after being stuck with MLB 2K on Xbox 360 for the last six years. Really stoked!

# 11 cbrown119 @ 04/02/14 07:10 AM
Would anybody have an estimated download size for the PS4 version?

Maybe by comparing with another downloaded PS4 game??? I don't know if that would be a good comparison, but it would give me an idea of what to expect.

The PS3 version was about 23 GB....not bad, it took about 4 hours to download, but it used up a lot of my monthly internet allowance. The days of unlimited internet are gone....at least where I live.

# 12 LastActionHero @ 04/02/14 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgood33
Hey quick question I am new to all this if I get this is it like I got it at the store? Like the full

Game and all? Also will I still be able to play if I lets say move an lose internet connection

Yes the full game. I had 13 digital as well.

Without internet you can still play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119
Would anybody have an estimated download size for the PS4 version?

Maybe by comparing with another downloaded PS4 game??? I don't know if that would be a good comparison, but it would give me an idea of what to expect.

The PS3 version was about 23 GB....not bad, it took about 4 hours to download, but it used up a lot of my monthly internet allowance. The days of unlimited internet are gone....at least where I live.

Hard to say, BF4 is like 40gb on my PS4 but Infamous only around 22gb.

Since The Show on PS3 is 23gb I expect the PS4 version to be at least 30gb.
Considering the polygon count alone went from 150.000 to over 1 million.

# 13 asu666 @ 04/02/14 01:51 PM
Sony should add a "Cancel Preorder" button to unreleased Day 1 Digital games.

# 14 Foo4Everlong @ 04/03/14 01:43 AM
The good thing about a lot of these new consoles is they download full games faster and u can actually start playing them before it's finished downloading! I have both PS4 and XBOX ONE and that's my experience so far. Can't wait for May 6th! So excited! Later

# 15 MachoMyers @ 04/04/14 02:49 AM
30 gigs was going to be my estimate. Looking forward to the 6th as I am 100% digital.

# 16 heater26_99 @ 04/04/14 02:25 PM
I may do the digital D/L as well.

Amazon is offering a coupon for a skin for your controller via skinit. Gamestop is offering this:
Pre-order MLB 14 The Show and get GameStop Exclusive Universal In-Game Currency ($19.99 value)!

Get $19.99 in Universal In-Game Currency for MLB 14 The Show. Use currency to redeem any of the following in-game items: Diamond Dynasty Budget, Road to the Show Training Points, Franchise Budget, Road to the Show Heal, and the all new Road to the Show 2x and 4x Boosts.

*Offer good for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita versions of MLB14 The Show

# 17 [Icy] @ 04/06/14 06:34 AM
Just preordered the digital version, the fastest way to get the game for me in Spain plus I always prefer the digital versions loading times instead of reading from the disc all the time.

# 18 roolz @ 04/06/14 02:26 PM
Will this be on the eu ps store for download? And if so will we get it there for release or do I need to make a us account to download it?

Cheers

# 19 [Icy] @ 04/06/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Will this be on the eu ps store for download? And if so will we get it there for release or do I need to make a us account to download it?

Cheers
You need US account and two US $30 psn cards to add $ to your account that you can buy from amazon.com for example, buy the digital psn cards, not the physical one.

# 20 Turbo Lax 33 @ 04/07/14 08:40 PM
Question: What is the benefit of doing a digital download?

I am considering DD but when i look at the flip side i don't see a benefit other than not having to go to the store. I have nothing to trade in when i am done with the game (depending on how long i play and when i trade this could be a value worth almost half as much as my original cost). I don't get any discount on the front end and i don't have a physical disk or box.

So why does the game cost as much as if i bought it in a store? If they want me as a customer to purchase a DD game, they need to incentivize me some how.

What are your guys thoughts on DD? What is the benefit?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.