Home
R.B.I. Baseball 14 News Post

R.B.I. Baseball 14 is available now for 360, PS3 and iOS devices.

Check out the gameplay video we recorded this morning, right here (sorry no audio, looking into it). Fellow OS'er CaCHooKa Man has uploaded a video as well, which has audio.

If you have downloaded the game, let us know your thoughts!

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 14Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NinjaGigolo @ 04/09/14 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I guess I'm just different.

I know I'm playing a arcade type game, I don't need to know Carlos Gomez hit 107 HR's and drove in 362 runs.

I know I'm being facetious, but I don't need to know or track that, especially in a single season game.

Maybe if the game played out in multiple seasons, I'd see the point more to track stats.

We are at the mercy of the company's decision.

I'm sure part of it was to keep it simple like the original game.
I suppose but I just don't see how it hurts the game to track some basic stats.

To answer another question, IOS is good also. I can't field worth anything do to virtual joystick so I use auto field on ios

# 22 hort22 @ 04/09/14 10:38 AM
damn was hoping for HR distance...i know the original didnt have that but rbi 2, 3 on NES did.

# 23 Simp @ 04/09/14 10:49 AM
I grabbed the iOS version. I got it for iPad and iPhone. It is definitely the first time I've really enjoyed a game of baseball on iOS (not counting OOTP). For $5 on iOS this game is worth it all day long as a time killer on the road or whatever.

I love the graphics actually. The field looks great, they implemented real life "stadiums" for all the teams, colors are vibrant and it feels like the RBI and Griffey baseball we remember. It's just fun.

I will say that it is better for iPad than for iPhone. Granted I have an iPhone 4 so it's old hardware and the screen is tiny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 24 Will I Am @ 04/09/14 10:56 AM
Never played RBI so I'm wondering if there are any difficulty levels, like rookie, pro, all-star, any thing like that?

# 25 sammysosa @ 04/09/14 11:00 AM
I never thought I would be saying this but RBI Baseball 14 makes MLB 2K9 look like a Picasso..
RBI Baseball 14 is the new E.T for the XBOX360...Total let down!!!

# 26 Steve_OS @ 04/09/14 11:01 AM
Updated OP w/ gameplay video. Sorry, no audio. Looking into it.

# 27 Caius101 @ 04/09/14 11:11 AM
It looks like Ken Griffey's Winning Run... fielding, pitching motion, batting stances. (Loved the game during the SNES era, but dun see this being more than a $15 game... especially with apparent fielding issues.)

# 28 IceNHL @ 04/09/14 11:11 AM
Anyone know if this is iCade compatible? Would make my day.

# 29 hort22 @ 04/09/14 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysosa
I never thought I would be saying this but RBI Baseball 14 makes MLB 2K9 look like a Picasso..
RBI Baseball 14 is the new E.T for the XBOX360...Total let down!!!
you have never played the original then...its not suppose to be a sim...what sort of game were you expecting?

# 30 krispykeith @ 04/09/14 11:20 AM
I really don't understand how keeping stats out of it captures the essence of the original. As a kid I tried to keep my own stats on paper. There is a reason in the 80's dice games like strat-o-matic were so popular. If it was baseball, it was stats.

I could care less if the stats are realistic or completely inflated, they still make every at bat matter and fuel the fun to play a long season.

If they kept them out "in the spirit of the original", why do the graphics not look like power pro or some other bowling ball looking characters? You capture the original by making it feel and play like the original, not by purposely keeping out simple stat tracking. This was a business decision to not spend the time and I am going to make a business decision to not spend 20 dollars unless it is added in. I am not trying to be negative but don't skimp on development time and throw up a smoke screen like "in the spirit of the original" unless you are only going to charge 5 bucks on every platform.

# 31 jamiegeist @ 04/09/14 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
I really don't understand how keeping stats out of it captures the essence of the original. As a kid I tried to keep my own stats on paper. There is a reason in the 80's dice games like strat-o-matic were so popular. If it was baseball, it was stats.

I could care less if the stats are realistic or completely inflated, they still make every at bat matter and fuel the fun to play a long season.

If they kept them out "in the spirit of the original", why do the graphics not look like power pro or some other bowling ball looking characters? You capture the original by making it feel and play like the original, not by purposely keeping out simple stat tracking. This was a business decision to not spend the time and I am going to make a business decision to not spend 20 dollars unless it is added in. I am not trying to be negative but don't skimp on development time and throw up a smoke screen like "in the spirit of the original" unless you are only going to charge 5 bucks on every platform.
My thoughts exactly. No stats, no purchase for me. Because I'd just be opening Pandora's Box and end up with a notebook full of gamelogs, just like I used to do on NES! But this is 2014, I shouldn't have to keep a notebook to track my guys' numbers.

# 32 roadman @ 04/09/14 11:38 AM
Quote:

It's an individual choice whether to buy the game or not.

For me, and it's a personal choice, I don't need stats for a 20 minute arcade like game. This game is similar to putting a quarter in a old baseball game in the arcade and hitting the steely ball up the ramp for a HR. Also, it's a single season mode, if it was multi season, I'd be more on the stats bandwagon.

MS and Sony have higher licensing cost vs android cost, plus rumor has it mutli-player will be available in the summer.

# 33 fistofrage @ 04/09/14 11:39 AM
Quote:

I agree 100%. I lived through the frustration of keeping stats in a notebook once, and I have no desire to do it again. Even if RBI stats are unrealistic and out of hand compared to real life. You can still create your own universe and try to break records, etc. It was a huge mistake not having stat tracking. Once Tecmo did it circa 1991, there has been no looking back. Games must have it.

# 34 muelly @ 04/09/14 11:39 AM
I have no sound on the IOS version, im using a Iphone 5s. I can get sound if using a headphone/earplug but not through main phone speaker.

# 35 josephid @ 04/09/14 11:39 AM
Like it, however, simple things to complain about. The home run cut scene? Stupid, no name guy , same thing over and over. Just go to maybe rounding bases, fireworks, fist pump, cartwheel, each guy different thing, etc. something maybe in real time.

Also, I loved the quirky sounds in the first rbi, ball in air you can barely hear. Loud thump when caught or error. Anyway, glad this is more an arcade game and they didn't to make it too much a sim.

Last, haven't played much, but I like the exaggeration of the first rbi. Some guys throw over a hundred, some always a HR. Some pitchers threw a wild side arm style. This could be both arcade and sim and great with next years game.

# 36 Teirminator @ 04/09/14 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
I have no sound on the IOS version, im using a Iphone 5s. I can get sound if using a headphone/earplug but not through main phone speaker.
Might be a dumb question, but is your phone in vibrate/silent? And did you turn the volume up after unplugging headphones? iOS treats the volume differently for the two situations.

I've made this mistake before. And thought there was something wrong. Then just realized I had my volume all the way down with my headphones unplugged!

# 37 muelly @ 04/09/14 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
Might be a dumb question, but is your phone in vibrate/silent? And did you turn the volume up after unplugging headphones? iOS treats the volume differently for the two situations.

I've made this mistake before. And thought there was something wrong. Then just realized I had my volume all the way down with my headphones unplugged!
BINGO! Thanks, I'm an idiot. I'm at work so of course its on vibrate. Just tried works perfectly!

# 38 Joey @ 04/09/14 11:59 AM
Do the games give a box score at the end?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 39 roadman @ 04/09/14 12:03 PM
^^^

Yes, they do, and a newspaper headline.

A boxscore is viewed every half inning.

# 40 Formula1Racing @ 04/09/14 12:06 PM
This is it? Wow what a letdown. I feel bad for the Xbox only people. IMO, The NeoGeo baseball game is better then this and that game is old school arcade as well. What a waste of programing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.